British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Hopes For Our Sport For 2014

Closer racing, fewer injuries, no rule manipulations, fewer fixture changes. That will do for starters and I might get my enthusiasm back.

Also I'd like to see Poole amongst the also rans this year and Belle Vue and/or Eastbourne in the top half of the table simply to prove money doesn't buy success and to shake the sport up a bit. That's not a knock at Poole BTW as knock him all you like Matt Ford runs a successful club, whether we approve of or like him personally or not.

If we get all that maybe just maybe forum members might post about the racing and leave the boring/contentious/ slagging/hole digging posts behind us in 2013. *oops then I woke up*

• Like 3

The question here might be how many Mods are there and how many of these are active?

And off we go on another tangent ! Pm a mod and ask them to remove the post maybe ?

Enough people hit the like button on my post for me to realise that's it not just me who feels that way.

I don't hide behind anonymous usernames, i have identified myself several times on this forum, and i post what i feel needs to be said.

My hopes for 2014 are for a currently dormant club or two to make real strides towards getting back on track. Oxford would be a good start..

• Like 2

My biggest hope for this year is that the promoters get behind the spirit of the draft system, give it time to work and don't try to find loopholes. Then that the PL see it as something they should introduce for next year.

• Like 1

The question here might be how many Mods are there and how many of these are active?

I don't suppose they've got time to trawl through every post to check what members are writing as strangely enough they have work, homelife and family to contend with as well. If you don't like something just click on the report button and then they can decide whether it's warranted or not..

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 4

My guess is,if a word can be used it is ok.If you write a word and it is changed then there is an automatic censor.To me the word used is fairly mild and i can understand why it is sometimes used.......

All an aside to the main issue.And another hope of mine is that maybe one or two of the youngsters can achieve some success in the world U21s etc.Would be a great boost to follow on from Tai's world title

• Like 1

I hope that people stop moaning on here about the people moaning on here...

I hope that people stop moaning on here about the people moaning on here about the people moaning on here.

• Like 1

To actually see some decent racing at Sheffield and a pie in the sky dream to see the admission prices come down.

To actually see some decent racing at Sheffield and a pie in the sky dream to see the admission prices come down.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

why has my post been deleted - I used an asterix in tw*t and i was only asking why it had been allowed

maybe the mods are twits!

Edit - i notice the actual word is still there!! - i get deleted and twit lives on. Brilliant!

Edited by ch958

why has my post been deleted - I used an asterix in tw*t and i was only asking why it had been allowed

maybe the mods are twits!

Edit - i notice the actual word is still there!! - i get deleted and twit lives on. Brilliant!

I can't be bothered to check but I bet the offensive word also appears in every quote of that item!

I've bothered because I don't go to bed until around 1am so I've got some time to spare and I can tell you that the posts have been removed, which is why yours has been deleted as well ch958. Let peace descend once again. :)

I can't be bothered to check but I bet the offensive word also appears in every quote of that item!

I've bothered because I don't go to bed until around 1am so I've got some time to spare and I can tell you that the posts have been removed, which is why yours has been deleted as well ch958. Let peace descend once again. :)

It is only Post lines containing the offensive word that have been deleted. That is a major step forward by the Mods. Well done.

a pie in the sky dream to see the admission prices come down.

They have indeed come down at Birmingham next year!!

They have indeed come down at Birmingham next year!!

.............and at Workington last season.

Better weather

Bigger crowds...unlikely unless admission is reduced

Less injuries

Better tracks

Close racing

No clubs going to the wall because of financial trouble

Swindon to pay their riders and finish top

A new stadium in Swindon

• Like 1