British Speedway Forum

We welcome in anyone from the EU. Who can now work over here, but to anyone from our old Comonwealth, they are now no longer clased as being citizen of our great British Isles.

That was their choice when they wanted to go off and establish their own citizenship. The difference between the EU and Australia etc.. is there's reciprocity between us and other EU countries, whereas UK citizens also have to jump through hoops if we want to work in Australia.

I suspect many of here generally advocate immigration controls anyway. Well this is the reality.

BTW - Australians were never citizens of the British Isles. They were British Subjects until 1948 when they decided to do their own thing.

• Like 2

so my mothers from the Congo, dads from Belgium.... But I'm British??

Being born in Walker, still has it's benefits. :P

• Like 2

Being born in Walker, still has it's benefits. :P

NO!!!

You are a 'Geordie' - that is something entirely different. :wink::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If they were legally settled in the UK and you were born here or if you were born here before 1983 then yes.

NO!!!

You are a 'Geordie' - that is something entirely different. :wink::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And a cross you have to bare :D

Wasn't the issue with Campton and Masters last year that they re-applied too late and were told there was no right of appeal? in which case it looks bleak for those in trouble now.

The weird rthing is that while a few of us are all for blocking tripe like James Holder (and even Mason Campton last year) riding over here, Jason Doyle is most definitely someone who should be here.

Arson Fire - I have sent you a PM. :t:

Wasn't the issue with Campton and Masters last year that they re-applied too late and were told there was no right of appeal? in which case it looks bleak for those in trouble now.

The weird rthing is that while a few of us are all for blocking tripe like James Holder (and even Mason Campton last year) riding over here, Jason Doyle is most definitely someone who should be here.

Even if you can't appeal, you can re-apply. It's not the same thing. An appeal is based on the application you put in whereas if you re-apply it is a fresh application and the previous one has no bearing on the outcome.

The current Government are becoming biger and bigger pains in the backsides over visa rules lately. You can't afford to cut corners any more.

Well I'm sure most of us can recall the All Party Parliamentary Group for Speedway, which was set up with such fanfare a few months ago.

Surely this is the exact kind of situation where they should be able to bring their influence to bear?

• Like 3

Even if you can't appeal, you can re-apply. It's not the same thing. An appeal is based on the application you put in whereas if you re-apply it is a fresh application and the previous one has no bearing on the outcome.

The current Government are becoming biger and bigger pains in the backsides over visa rules lately. You can't afford to cut corners any more.

But surely if you missed the deadline and can't appeal it then re-applying means you're going to miss the deadline again... if it was that simple Mason Campton and Sam Masters would not have missed a whole season

But surely if you missed the deadline and can't appeal it then re-applying means you're going to miss the deadline again... if it was that simple Mason Campton and Sam Masters would not have missed a whole season

Deadline applied by whom? The BSPA? I don't see how there would be a UKBA deadline.

Deadline applied by whom? The BSPA? I don't see how there would be a UKBA deadline.

It's nothing to do with the BSPA. Last season the reason Sam Masters missed out is he re-applied for his work permit after the date that he needed to apply and was told he could not appeal it. obviously if he missed the dater it wasn't worth applying again as he would still miss the date.

It's nothing to do with the BSPA. Last season the reason Sam Masters missed out is he re-applied for his work permit after the date that he needed to apply and was told he could not appeal it. obviously if he missed the dater it wasn't worth applying again as he would still miss the date.

I guess there must be a bit more detail to it then. Maybe he had old documents or whatever. You get riders joining mid-season sometimes and applying for work permits. You can apply for one any time. So there must be some specific detail missing.

I guess there must be a bit more detail to it then. Maybe he had old documents or whatever. You get riders joining mid-season sometimes and applying for work permits. You can apply for one any time. So there must be some specific detail missing.

Maybe a signature - or 'X' in the right place?! :D

Well I'm sure most of us can recall the All Party Parliamentary Group for Speedway, which was set up with such fanfare a few months ago.

Surely this is the exact kind of situation where they should be able to bring their influence to bear?

I'm sure someone will arrange another drinks reception on the terrace at the House of Commons to discuss the options!! :P