British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

Speedway Best Pairs

Constant moaning about the commentary

I guess maybe you would prefer that one of the other broadcasters was showing it instead of Eurosport ?

Problem is they are the only one so maybe we should be supportive rather than complaining. These guys are relatively new to speedway commentary, Millard, Tatum, Pearson had many years experience and still talk crap half the time if you ask me

Give them a break

Yes BT sport-Darren Fletcher could have done the commentary -and Scott Nicholls could have got a transfer.

• Like 1

He's on a different level that boy.

Anyone know his name?

According to Sam Ermolenko it's Jesper Jensen

• Like 1

Thanks all for the company and join you for Poland tomorrow.Thanks to Ghostwalker for the trackside updates and have a safe trip home. :t: Regards. Alan.

Hmmm i'll hold my tongue to save World War 3 breaking out but something Sam mentioned a few minutes ago might explain tons of confusion he gets into and has taken the blame for during broadcasts this season.

Always appreciative of getting to see speedway and as i've said before i don't care who commentates so long as we are revelling in tons of HD speedway week after week on our screens.

Anyways Congrats to the Aussies. On to Poland for the rest of the weekend we go.

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 2

"Shame it's Europe or we could have some Americans". As the Aussies are about to step on the podium.

ITS NOT A EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.

Edited by SCB

He's on a different level that boy.

Anyone know his name?

How typical of Jepson Jensen to jump in to take the limelight when it was NK Iversen who put Denmark in this position.

Is this an FIM meeting then??!

What about Ermolenko's 'Lagatu and Gerroff'!!??

It is not an official Fim-championship but FIM's rules still apply.

It the same thing as when you go and watch your local team which meetings are held in full compliance with FIM rules (or whatever the phrasing is),

which means that even if it not is an event/championship organized/hosted by FIM, the rules issued by FIM are still valid for the meeting.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Constant moaning about the commentary

I guess maybe you would prefer that one of the other broadcasters was showing it instead of Eurosport ?

Problem is they are the only one so maybe we should be supportive rather than complaining. These guys are relatively new to speedway commentary, Millard, Tatum, Pearson had many years experience and still talk crap half the time if you ask me

Give them a break

Unfortunate comment from you, seeing that Tony Millard is sadly no longer with us

Unfortunate comment from you, seeing that Tony Millard is sadly no longer with us

I am fully aware of that and you will note the use of the tense in that I said had. It does not change the fact that Tony Millard was lambasted on this very forum for his commentary week after week. He was a absolute stalwart of speedway commentary with many many years experience but made mistakes. These guys are in their first year in the case of Jack Burnicle, although an experienced Motorcycling commentator he is new to speedway (in his first couple of months) so not alarming for him to take time to adjust

Really not sure why that makes it an unfortunate comment really

Sorry Chris the least I expect is for the commentators to know the riders and how to pronounce their names.

For heavens sake they told us at one point that Kenneth Bjerre was reserve, he's not only injured, he's 12 inches too short!

Meg, if its that bad don't watch it. As I have just said Jack Burnicle is 2 months into his speedway commentating career, given the guy a chance

• Like 1

We'll just live in hope that he starts swotting up on all things speedway from now on, how long will it take him to know what and who he's talking about?

"Shame it's Europe or we could have some Americans". As the Aussies are about to step on the podium.

ITS NOT A EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP.

During the commentary they clearly referred to the meeting as the EUROSPORT Best Pairs and not the EUROPEAN Best Pairs, the latter competition i think still runs using lower class riders.

Edited by manchesterpaul

It the same thing as when you go and watch your local team which meetings are held in full compliance with FIM rules (or whatever the phrasing is),

which means that even if it not is an event/championship organized/hosted by FIM, the rules issued by FIM are still valid for the meeting.

Actually, no.

Unless it's an international Fim/ Fim Europe/other FMNR? competition of any kind, national (FMN) rules apply. They are more than likely to base themself on FIM rulebook, but still they are national rules.

Edited by f-s-p

Meg, if its that bad don't watch it. As I have just said Jack Burnicle is 2 months into his speedway commentating career, given the guy a chance

I pay for it so I'll watch it, albeit I have to mute it at times.

I don't have that much of a problem with him. He has clearly done his homework. I've learnt riders ages, birtthdays, where they live, even the names of their partners in some cases. I do take issue with his constant references to the start tarts tho, to even it up a bit he should occasionally say that NKI or Hampel has a cute butt :P Jack asides when there is no action are amusing, I loved his comments about the young kiddies last night. My problem is with Zammy Emoliniki. His constant mispronounciation, mistaken identifying of riders and complete disregard for answering the questions that Jack has asked bugs me in the extreme. His technical knowledge might well be good, it's not something I personally am interested in but there are far better commentators out there. The radio broaccasts from BBCwm and Radio Norfolk were both excellent. Other riders have been used in the past and were far better and they haven't had the experience of Erleminko.

If I'm paying for something, which I am via my Sky subs, I expect a professional product of reasonable quality. If I just wanted to watch pictures I'd use a stream with foreign commentary.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1