British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

No, in March FFS............

No, in March FFS............

He never said when....Ha Ha.

Tell you what, all clubs have a P&P day. Why don't team GB have a P&P day? That that work?

Yeh right, they do, on the official practice day...

And ? would it be called something else if team gb done it ...like a practice morning or afternoon ?

Could you explain that in English, not Orion speak....

Ha Ha, whats up boys, dissapeared to another thread, because you can't think of anything else to say.... :party::lol:

Are you winding folk up Starman. :wink:

That's not like you. :shock:;)

I've not disappeared Starman, but I've kind of given up because you can't back up the claims that you are making.

• Like 1

Denmark done there practice in Britain .

So what do you think the problem would be ? Chapman wouldn't allow them to use the track ? That is the only conceivable problem and even that seems unlikely.

Could it be Muddlo just didn't think of anything like that ? One thing we have learned about Muddlo following hi public comments about Darcy's indicretions, and especially since he has been on twitter is that he can't handle any sort of criticism or complaint, talks a good fight but is very slapdash in his approach to many things. When the TM lacks leadership qualities he is not going to get the best out of his riders, hence the poor performance against USA and Latvia.

Addio you seem a decent chap but you are totally wrong about Middleditch you seem to have a grievance against him? If you get totally crucified on TWITTER or whatever would you not react ? ok he might of been wrong but some of the abuse was uncalled for (will Rosco get the same). He could of done thing,s different but Middleditch i know from people i respect have told me he is a decent chap i met met him once in the 80s and he was a nice bloke since he has gone into management my respect has never dwindled.Talks a good fight is a nonsense statement, total rubbish he is not that sort of bloke i don't know him but do you know him personally.?

Addio you seem a decent chap but you are totally wrong about Middleditch you seem to have a grievance against him? If you get totally crucified on TWITTER or whatever would you not react ? ok he might of been wrong but some of the abuse was uncalled for (will Rosco get the same). He could of done thing,s different but Middleditch i know from people i respect have told me he is a decent chap i met met him once in the 80s and he was a nice bloke since he has gone into management my respect has never dwindled.Talks a good fight is a nonsense statement, total rubbish he is not that sort of bloke i don't know him but do you know him personally.?

1. I am not on twitter and don't intend to be. Anyone who goes on there knows its a channel for abuse so it seems sensible to keep away.

2. I am not the Team GB manager so your second point is irrelevant. but whoever takes the job has to be able to deal with criticism with a bit of dignity, otherwise they just bring themselves and the sport into disrepute. Muddlo would have a lot more respect if he could just rise above that kind of personal abuse., and bring a bit of dignity to the job.

3. I don't have a personal grievance against him but I do think he is a well over-rated TM. Because the Lakeside pits are open to the public before and after the meetings you get to see a bit more of what goes on than a lot of places. My personal view is that in recent years Poole have had two great captains in Dave Watt and Chris Holder and in my opinion it has been those two , especially Holder that has stamped his authority and personality on the Poole team. If you watch people like Peter Adams or Phil Morris at work there is no doubt about who is in charge, and it aint any of the riders. But anyway the point of this particular thread is who is suitable to be Team GB manager. Muddlo hardy showered himself in glory. I don't think Roscoe is the sharpest tool in the box but he is enthusiastic and he does speak the riders language, so at this stage of things he is probably the right man to pull the side together and give the riders some passion but if we ever get to the stage of having a truly competitive team then I do think Phil Morris is the one for the job,

• Like 2

They all have a grievience mate, why, because Neil comes from poole. And that is the bottom line...

1. I am not on twitter and don't intend to be. Anyone who goes on there knows its a channel for abuse so it seems sensible to keep away.

2. I am not the Team GB manager so your second point is irrelevant. but whoever takes the job has to be able to deal with criticism with a bit of dignity, otherwise they just bring themselves and the sport into disrepute. Muddlo would have a lot more respect if he could just rise above that kind of personal abuse., and bring a bit of dignity to the job.

3. I don't have a personal grievance against him but I do think he is a well over-rated TM. Because the Lakeside pits are open to the public before and after the meetings you get to see a bit more of what goes on than a lot of places. My personal view is that in recent years Poole have had two great captains in Dave Watt and Chris Holder and in my opinion it has been those two , especially Holder that has stamped his authority and personality on the Poole team. If you watch people like Peter Adams or Phil Morris at work there is no doubt about who is in charge, and it aint any of the riders. But anyway the point of this particular thread is who is suitable to be Team GB manager. Muddlo hardy showered himself in glory. I don't think Roscoe is the sharpest tool in the box but he is enthusiastic and he does speak the riders language, so at this stage of things he is probably the right man to pull the side together and give the riders some passion but if we ever get to the stage of having a truly competitive team then I do think Phil Morris is the one for the job,

You are so patronising it is unbelievable, what gives you the right to say that about Rossiter do you know him?.I am not a great mate of his but he is nobodies fool as for Middlo( not Muddlo again uncalled for).You don't win what he has by being a mug, captains are important of course but like Oliver,Adams a few examples greats of the past you need a balance experience, respect, and the most important thing listening sometimes.As for Morris what has he done? he seems ok no more than that and if what you say is true you don't always have to stamp your authority to be successful. Edited by sidney

You are so patronising it is unbelievable, what gives you the right to say that about Rossiter do you know him?.I am not a great mate of his but he is nobodies fool as for Middlo( not Muddlo again uncalled for).You don't win what he has by being a mug, captains are important of course but like Oliver,Adams a few examples greats of the past you need a balance experience, respect, and the most important thing listening sometimes.As for Morris what has he done? he seems ok no more than that and if what you say is true you don't always have to stamp your authority to be successful.

Sidney you are unbelievable. You read one word and your brain interprets it as something different. Where did I say Rosco was any body's fool ? I said he was not the sharpest tool in the box. That doesn't mean he is stupid it means (in my opinion) that there are better.

As you never tire of telling us the forum is all about opinions but you don't seem to like it when someone has an opinion different to your own.

Read the post. I said Rosco is enthusiastic and speaks the riders language so he is probably the right man to pull the side together at this stage of things. How is that patronising ? I also said I think Phil Morris is the best man for the job if we get to the stage of having a truly competitive side. So you don't like Phil Morris. Its still my opinion based on the way he is widely respected for his work with the youngsters, and the way he took a very average looking Brum team to the top of the league and still got them to perform well when they weren't getting paid, if you watch Phil at work in the pits he is on to the riders keeping them focussed and encouraged all the time, much more than any other manager I can think of. Rosco's problem IMO is he is too volatile when things start going wrong.

Sorry you don't like honest opinions mate, but that's as I see it. If you disagree that's fine with me, but if you want everybody to agree with you there is no point in being on this kind of forum.

• Like 3

They all have a grievience mate, why, because Neil comes from poole. And that is the bottom line...

And your defence is for exactly the same reason.

Sidney you are unbelievable. You read one word and your brain interprets it as something different. Where did I say Rosco was any body's fool ? I said he was not the sharpest tool in the box. That doesn't mean he is stupid it means (in my opinion) that there are better.

As you never tire of telling us the forum is all about opinions but you don't seem to like it when someone has an opinion different to your own.

Read the post. I said Rosco is enthusiastic and speaks the riders language so he is probably the right man to pull the side together at this stage of things. How is that patronising ? I also said I think Phil Morris is the best man for the job if we get to the stage of having a truly competitive side. So you don't like Phil Morris. Its still my opinion based on the way he is widely respected for his work with the youngsters, and the way he took a very average looking Brum team to the top of the league and still got them to perform well when they weren't getting paid, if you watch Phil at work in the pits he is on to the riders keeping them focussed and encouraged all the time, much more than any other manager I can think of. Rosco's problem IMO is he is too volatile when things start going wrong.

Sorry you don't like honest opinions mate, but that's as I see it. If you disagree that's fine with me, but if you want everybody to agree with you there is no point in being on this kind of forum.

I don't disagree with you having opinion at all but why? would you say in the first place NOT the brightest spark hardly complimentary is it also you don't even know the bloke. Also i don't dislike Morris as i know he is well respected but he has done nothing yet to get the job.I hardly ever agree with you but I respect your opinion, but my bug bearer with you is what you said also you might not be a Middleditch fan but again you were disrespectful maybe you could of worded things differently that's all i am saying. Edited by sidney

I've not disappeared Starman, but I've kind of given up because you can't back up the claims that you are making.

I would hazard a guess that the cost of hiring the stadium, staff an St Johns was the reason they didn't do it.

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess that the cost of hiring the stadium, staff an St Johns was the reason they didn't do it.

That figures, especially as they have trouble paying the riders on time, and when they do get paid they seem to be out of pocket riding for their national team. Why are we in this international competition if we have to run on a shoestring ?

Like anything else in life, if a jobs worth doing its worth doing properly. If you can't afford it don't do it.

• Like 1

What happens to the money generated by the BSPA in any particular season? Can we see any balance sheets etc? Do they actual have any money or is it all bleed off my the orange one?

...................... because 'Stone Cold' sorry - Starman says so. :wink::rofl: :rofl:

3:16

That figures, especially as they have trouble paying the riders on time, and when they do get paid they seem to be out of pocket riding for their national team. Why are we in this international competition if we have to run on a shoestring ?

Like anything else in life, if a jobs worth doing its worth doing properly. If you can't afford it don't do it.

Absolutely Spot On!!! :t::approve:

Rosco is on Bikerfm tonight prog starts at 8pm.

• Like 1