British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

Did I say that? For the record, I reckon we would still struggle to beat the USA.

My take on it ER,is that we have to except where we are at the moment but it is how we go about trying to improve things that is the most important thing.And beating Latvia is that a gimme? not anymore i am afraid.

My take on it ER,is that we have to except where we are at the moment but it is how we go about trying to improve things that is the most important thing.And beating Latvia is that a gimme? not anymore i am afraid.

Have to agree Sid. I don't share the optimism of others around the likes of Bridger, Barker and King. Simply not good enough and would be mullered at international level.

Cooke, Worrall, Lambert, Gerrity......the Jury is out, but lets take a reality pill here. They are nowhere near the class of the Danes and Poles of similar age. Its going to be a decade at least before we are anywhere near the top again. And that will only happen if there is a radical change in outlook and attitude.

• Like 1

in fairness to rosco, he did whats best for Swindon, totally different situation from bein "England" manager

Bomber backs Rosco:

CAPTAIN Chris Harris insisted the Great Britain riders will all back new national boss Alun Rossiter as he looks to revive the team’s fortunes. Swindon Robins boss Rossiter was handed the top job on Wednesday after he was given the nod ahead of former Birmingham manager Phil Morris and is now charged with helping the national team improve on recent poor showings in the World Cup. Harris knows Rossiter well, having been part of the 48-year-old’s Elite League-winning Coventry side in 2010, and would love to be handed the chance to carry on as GB skipper under the new regime, as well as firmly believing the Blunsdon boss is someone the country’s riders will get behind..........

I am just using the same `Poole` logic.

If you have witnessed Magic at Monmore then the Smart bit is hardly stretching it!

What you unsurprisingly fail to comprehend is that SWC meetings are not run on tiddly little trick tracks like Monmore or Kirky Lane. They are ridden on large fast tracks and riders like Cooke wouldn't see Janowski for dust.

To compare the two on an international stage shows your lack of knowledge of international speedway.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

He will no doubt be picking an 'Aussie' to anchor team GB.

Not really a suprise is it. Should of gone to Phil Morris or even maybe someone like John "mavis"Davis, Chris Morton or Colin Pratt but hey ho its rosco so we will back him

Not really a suprise is it. Should of gone to Phil Morris or even maybe someone like John "mavis"Davis, Chris Morton or Colin Pratt but hey ho its rosco so we will back him

We ought to - he is a very experienced Manager. I wish him all the luck in the World. With the material he has available to him at present - he will need it. :t:

Edited by The White Knight

One things for sure he will get a slagged off unless GB win gold, some peoples expectations are too high.

Flag in adver photo is upside-down. First mistake of many to come by new national boss. Didn't take long.

It's not upside down, but it could do with an ironing.

He's made it to the Sun today too!! Page 53, with picture!! :t:

Thats the nearest he'l get to page 3... :rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

It was great to see the article By Phil that he is going to continue. Looking after the young U21S, U19s

and U16s. I don't think that they could wish for a better manager. If anyone can bring on this young and up and coming British Talent. Then I think they have got the right man for the job.

Best of Luck Phil, we need to get the best from all these young riders to bring back some talent to or country.

Woffinden, Harris, Nicholls and King.

Cooke is a second string who is dialled into about three tracks. Too old already and has reached his level

What Cooke are your referring to Craig Cook or is there another Cooke that is much older.