British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
James 12345

Riga Gp Tickets 2014

Good post IanT

Really do feel for your sort who have spent good money to support a new venue just to be let down by what can only be termed bad management. The least the organisers do is transport all of you to Daugvapils foc.

• Like 2

So it wasn't the rain then, it was digging it up yesterday. It's not good enough. Especially as fans are now asking on twitter how to get from Riga to Daugavplis and the GP feed is ignoring them. Why doesn't someone answer them and try and help then?

nobody is helping us here the only one who has responded is phil rising just want bsi to hire a couple of coaches to take us there and back not much to ask

When it all began. Latvian GP heads was said. that the stadium will be ready in the spring. to hold that GP some test races. We had a very warm winter and spring. but the main work began only in June
Everything was done quickly. for a single race. Riga richer Daugavpils. plus city holidays. tourists etc. Remembered the cash. and forget about the drainage

When it all began. Latvian GP heads was said. that the stadium will be ready in the spring. to hold that GP some test races. We had a very warm winter and spring. but the main work began only in June

Everything was done quickly. for a single race. Riga richer Daugavpils. plus city holidays. tourists etc. Remembered the cash. and forget about the drainage

?

If BSI are giving refunds I hope they are (if it's applicable) refunding the generally extortionate booking and postage fees too.

Daugavpils by coach been there got the Tshirt absolute crap journey.

Edited by Triple.H.

If BSI are giving refunds I hope they are (if it's applicable) refunding the generally extortionate booking and postage fees too.

AS BSI are not the promoters in this case I would presume that any refunds come from the Latvian organisers...

AS BSI are not the promoters in this case I would presume that any refunds come from the Latvian organisers...

TBH Phil BSI need to stop passing the buck. I bet In F1 for example any minor cockup means a big Q+A with Bernie Ecclestone.
  • Like 1

If those faithful supporters have got tickets to see the Latvian Speedway GP in Riga and the "promotors" decide at the last minute to change the venue (to wherever) then those supporters should be taken (and returned) to see the Latvian Speedway GP.

It sounds if it is going to be a case "its not my responsibility" and "its not our responsibility.

It is someones responsibility that this speedway gp is not being held where it was advertised to be held. Supporters bought their tickets in good faith. If the organisers want continued support then I think may well be in their interest to get this sorted, and quickly, to the satisfaction of those supporters.

• Like 1

TBH Phil BSI need to stop passing the buck. I bet In F1 for example any minor cockup means a big Q+A with Bernie Ecclestone.

NOT passing the buck as far as refunds are concerned ... the fact is that BSI are not the promoters and therefore not responsible in a practical sense for refunds.

I sympathise and agree with many of the comments on here but BSI haven't exactly come out scot free ... they will incur considerable costs in decamping the whole operation including TV crews and trucks, equipment, staff, etc from Riga to Daugavpils, additional accommodation and new flight arrangements.

NOT passing the buck as far as refunds are concerned ... the fact is that BSI are not the promoters and therefore not responsible in a practical sense for refunds.

I sympathise and agree with many of the comments on here but BSI haven't exactly come out scot free ... they will incur considerable costs in decamping the whole operation including TV crews and trucks, equipment, staff, etc from Riga to Daugavpils, additional accommodation and new flight arrangements.

I'm sure they will have some questions of their own regarding the track which has been given a licence by the FIM.

Refunds can be obtained via the ticket agent, although this usually does not include the booking fee. I got my ticket via Bilesu services and refund information is available here:

http://www.bilesuserviss.lv/lat/zinas/zinas/sportistu-drosibas-un-nelabveligo-laika-apstaklu-del-parceltas-rietumu-bank-latvia-fim-speedway-grand-prix-sacensibas-spidveja-16-08-2014/

I will endeavor to get an address for Paul Bellamy as I intend to write to him personally and seek a proper response to the whole shambles. Saying sorry here's your money back is not good enough. If anyone knows the address to communicate or an email then please post it here. I will post the letter on this forum for comment. It's time to stop putting up with this and demanding a fair deal and appropriate compensation where applicable.

• Like 1

Don't think I'll be alone having no sympathy for BSI. If they had insisted on a test meeting at Riga this May have been avoided.

They have a moral responsibility to help ticket holders, even if they have no legal responsibility.

• Like 3

With due respect phil, bsi are still going to make a decent profit from this season though aren't they?

More than can be said for bill buckley or the riga promoters.

Surely the series is theirs, so they need to take some responsibility when things go wrong.

As others have mentioned, organising foc cosch transport would have been a way of showing respect for the fans, and is hardly going to bankrupt them.

• Like 3

Two new tracks on the circuit this season and neither have been fit for purpose.

Surely more stringent control ( a successful rehearsal meeting?) needs to be introduced.

• Like 2