British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Pre-season International Speedway Cup

Polish speedway media are saying that Zielona Gora, Polish EkstraLiga Champions will be flying to the UK for a three-day practice session combined with two friendly test matches. The practice session and two friendlies are to be held at the King's Lynn track .

The idea for co-promoting such an event was born at Zielona Gora a year ago and it’s mainly due to their involvement that these two friendlies will be staged this year. - We know what conditions were prevailing last March in Poland. We looked then enviously at the perfectly prepared English track and already have made first steps to stage such an event - said the Zielona Gora chairman, Marek Jankowski.

The event at King’s Lynn will be known as the Pre-season International Speedway Cup,.

The first day is scheduled just for practice rides. Weather in March in England is more or less assured and each rider will have the opportunity to ride on a well prepared track. To make sure that it is, Zielona Gora are taking with them their own trackmaster, because the point of this trip is that their riders will practice on a track comparable to that they will have in their own EkstraLiga - said Jankowski.

On Saturday, March 19th, there will be a four team test match in which teams from King's Lynn, Zielona Gora, Berlin and the team composed of invited riders. Polish promoters are to invite world champion, Tai Woffinden to lead the team of invited riders. Each team will consist of four riders plus one reserve. The next day, there will be a final between the two best teams. English SKY TV and Polish POLSAT TV are to cover this event Details are most likely to be announced next Tuesday.

• Like 1

The 19th is the Wednesday. Is that the day of this meeting?

The Saturday is the 22nd - when NKI and KB are already booked to ride in the Morten Risager testimonial.

Is another benefit meeting about to be undermined??

Weather in March in England is more or less assured

Have any of these people ever been to England in March?

Great little idea wish it every success.

I just hope China lets me get the normal streaming sites as I will be floating down the Li river when its on.

The 19th is the Wednesday. Is that the day of this meeting?

The Saturday is the 22nd - when NKI and KB are already booked to ride in the Morten Risager testimonial.

Is another benefit meeting about to be undermined??

he doesn't deserve one in the first place done nothing for british speedway to deserve one! Just another journey man making quick money IMO!

• Like 1

"WEATHER in England in March is more or less assured" ... haven't laughed so much since Morecambe and Wise were on our TV screens

• Like 2

Let's hope Gary Havelock hasn't arranged a pre farewell BBQ that day. ;)

Jesus I dunno what Havvy did to get so many here on his back.

The poor sod organised the meeting a year ago so he has some moral ground on the BSPA idiots.

Wonder if Phils SS will do an article in defence of Havvy :rofl:

• Like 1

DOESN'T need SS to underline that Havvy is the innocent victim here and, as I have posted elsewhere, is simply a gigantic BSPA cock-up...

Jesus I dunno what Havvy did to get so many here on his back.

The poor sod organised the meeting a year ago so he has some moral ground on the BSPA idiots.

Wonder if Phils SS will do an article in defence of Havvy :rofl:

Pardonez moi for having a sense of humour

• Like 1

Let's hope Gary Havelock hasn't arranged a pre farewell BBQ that day. ;)

Poole P&P day on 19th so Havvy bound to be there!! :D

Really the other team should be Poole as we are the Champions of the UK. Surprised Sky are interested to be honest.

Id expect it may be the Polish TV that are most interested but they need broadcast/production logistics so Sky involved.

So we will have riders booked for a benefit meeting having to pull out for a pre season challenge for the convenience of Polish TV.

Hoping to hear more about this tomorrow. Sounds a great way to get ready for the league campaign

• Like 1

I hope the weather keeps dry that weekend. Seems its going to be a good meeting. I was going to Poole for Havvy meeting but sorry to say I would rather see Patryk Dudek race around Kings Lynn if he comes across which im sure he will. I think its going to be a great weeknd, cant wait

• Like 1