British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Fim Bans Participation In European Championships

Like I said, your eighty year old model don't work any more! And blaming others is the easiest way ...

Somehow I get a feeling that you (UK) are holding rights for occupying the whole week for racing, letting others countries/competitions a day here and there? I mean OK, if you have riders available to do that, but than don't complain that the best world riders are not in the EL.

4 SEC saturdays are hardly a threat to EL, so I can't see why all the fuss

What does the SEC actually do and improve on though? It's a pointless competition. How many previous European Champions can you name? I bet most would struggle after naming Martin Vaculik.

What does the SEC actually do and improve on though? It's a pointless competition. How many previous European Champions can you name? I bet most would struggle after naming Martin Vaculik.

I can name more EU Champions than I can name EL winners! I agree, it was a pointless competition, but not any more ...

What is SEC bringing to the sport? If you dont live in the UK, Poland, Sweden, etc, you can't watch SGP, SWC, EL, ... Sky Sports no-go, British EuroSport no-go

So go and ask Emil why is he choosing SEC over SGP?

I can name more EU Champions than I can name EL winners! I agree, it was a pointless competition, but not any more ...

What is SEC bringing to the sport? If you dont live in the UK, Poland, Sweden, etc, you can't watch SGP, SWC, EL, ... Sky Sports no-go, British EuroSport no-go

Umm, total shot in the dark, but is Emil choosing SEC because of money? 😏

Umm, total shot in the dark, but is Emil choosing SEC because of money? 😏

Being told to by his sponsors aswell I bet. Its a shame ambition ranks below money to some riders. World Champion or European Champion erm let me think!!

Money, pure and simple.

Umm, total shot in the dark, but is Emil choosing SEC because of money?

Less meetings, more money!

The SGP is in the same boat (sorry to relate to football) as the FA Cup, major competition but its not take seriously by Premier League clubs because the benifits from it are outweighed by another compeition.

There are postives I can see and the major one is that at the end of the SGP you could become Speedway World Champion, if riders dont want to achieve that then they are not worth watching.

Sayfudtinov is making a huge mistake in my opinion. You see what Woffinden has achieved since his sucsess and he hasnt turned the throttle in anger since. He has sponsers and awards galore, he has a choice of places to ride across Europe and will be stable finacically for a good 5 years now when it comes to his ins and outs of being a professional rider.

SEC is a money spinner for the riders that gives them a short term boost in the world of money. Vaculik won it last year but what have you heard of him in the close season. Nothing.

Im a huge fan of the SGP, I can understand the reasons why riders my opt out but as ive said before its ruining my enjoyment. SGP without the best riders is pointless, but riders who dont take part in SGP and giving it there all to become World Champion are not worthy of watching either.

Edited by Ommer UM Speedway Blog

SCB, that's a slur on Ales Dryml!!!! Oh OK then, I see your point!! :D

I believe it's out of protest because they are forcing him to choose. And I hope it's a bluff!

But yes, off course they are racing for the money. who doesn't?

How was it a pointless competition before, but now suddenly isn't? :blink:

because now u have all the best riders in it! And just because of that the competition ranks higher than before. Throw in the EuroSport channel and here we go.

I admit, i was sceptical too last year before SEC started, like who on earth is gonna watch this lower competition, but give them a few years, if the sponsors are gonna stay, if EuroSport will broadcast it, we'll see ...

Sayfudtinov is making a huge mistake in my opinion. You see what Woffinden has achieved since his sucsess and he hasnt turned the throttle in anger since. He has sponsers and awards galore, he has a choice of places to ride across Europe and will be stable finacically for a good 5 years now when it comes to his ins and outs of being a professional rider.

SEC is a money spinner for the riders that gives them a short term boost in the world of money. Vaculik won it last year but what have you heard of him in the close season. Nothing.

Im a huge fan of the SGP, I can understand the reasons why riders my opt out but as ive said before its ruining my enjoyment. SGP without the best riders is pointless, but riders who dont take part in SGP and giving it there all to become World Champion are not worthy of watching either.

I am a huge fan of the SGP too, went to NZ last year just for the SGP race, but as i said before, there are four saturdays in calendar for SEC, why all the fuss? They are opening new countries like Germany, Russia, places where SGP cant or wont go, so I can't see a downside of this. We always say we need to bring more fans to the sport, I think this is the way!

Not sure if any rider can say he is financially stable for years to come, speedway is a brutal sport, one injury and you are off. So that's why they are racing for money.

Because it does.Coventry who run on a Friday already have riders missing on a dozen or so weekends a year because of the GP and the GP qualifiers. Now add in 3 weekends of SEC qualifiers and 3 SEC meetings thats 6 more meetings. How long before theres 6-8 SEC meetings and more qualifiers?

The EL runs from March to October/November, on basically everyday of the week except Tuesdays and Sundays.

You complain that the SEC intrudes on the EL but you fail to realize that the EL intrudes on both the Polish leagues and the Swedish

Elitserien and if a meeting in those league have to be postponed it's very difficult to find new date because all potential

dates are already occupied by the EL and now you complain that other series is doing the same to your league.

It's time you stopped using the SEC/SGP as an excuse for the poor state of the EL when you know inside that the true reason

is poor management and an excessive amount of fixtures.

I see no problem with two competing championship series and if there is only room for one well let the best series win.

The question still stands why FIm/BSI/British fans that, according to you, never cared about the SEC before suddenly

have become so upset about the SEC? Why have FIM suddenly become so upset about that they decided to ban riders from

riding in events sanctioned by FIm-Eur? What does FIM think that they can gain from these sanctions?

BSI and FIM have caused a split in the speedway world and they only have themselves to blame.

• Like 2

It was mentioned around a hundred times during last year's coverage than Ales Dryml was defending champion, so my guess is that he's won it. ;) Beyond that, you have a very good point. :t:

All the best

Rob

The EL runs from March to October/November, on basically everyday of the week except Tuesdays and Sundays.

You complain that the SEC intrudes on the EL but you fail to realize that the EL intrudes on both the Polish leagues and the Swedish Elitserien and if a meeting in those league have to be postponed it's very difficult to find new date because all potential dates are already occupied by the EL and now you complain that other series is doing the same to your league.

Years ago, the main leagues should have got together and agreed on their race dates, which would probably have meant Britain settling on just a couple of race days. They should also have set-up a joint company to run the SGP and other international competitions, so they could share out any proceeds from these.

It would not really have solved the problem of Britain and the GP as Saturdays and probably Fridays have always been the most lucrative nights to which to run. However, the proceeds from the GP could have been used to compensate those teams who had to run on an off-night.

The problem though, is that the main leagues have competed with each other rather than working together, which has allowed a third-party to come in and take the 'crown jewels'. Even if they didn't themselves have the commercial aptitude to leverage revenue from the SGP, they could have sub-contracted a company like BSI or Onesport and pay them a percentage of the proceeds.

• Like 2

You complain that the SEC intrudes on the EL but you fail to realize that the EL intrudes on both the Polish leagues and the Swedish

Elitserien and if a meeting in those league have to be postponed it's very difficult to find new date because all potential

dates are already occupied by the EL and now you complain that other series is doing the same to your league.

It's time you stopped using the SEC/SGP as an excuse for the poor state of the EL when you know inside that the true reason

is poor management and an excessive amount of fixtures.

I see no problem with two competing championship series and if there is only room for one well let the best series win.

The question still stands why FIm/BSI/British fans that, according to you, never cared about the SEC before suddenly

have become so upset about the SEC? Why have FIM suddenly become so upset about that they decided to ban riders from

riding in events sanctioned by FIm-Eur? What does FIM think that they can gain from these sanctions?

BSI and FIM have caused a split in the speedway world and they only have themselves to blame.

The SEC has a limited effect on the UK season because only a few riders are affected( although Coventry is one SCB).

It probably effects the Polish League more, 4 more Saturday nights driving through the night to get to league fixtures on a Sunday. Not sure the Polish league teams will like it in two years when it isn't a Polish dominated venue event.

None of my team are involved so I don't care what they do with the SEC. Enjoyable to watch Laguta, otherwise it is a watered down SGP event in my eyes. Would watch it on Eurosport and if one came local to BV in the UK, but it isn't as good as a SGP event in my eyes.

Edited by jimmy jimmy

And what's wrong it it is because of money?

Also it may have something to do with the SEC having a round in his home country, whereas there is no SGP in Russia

And of course what Emil has always said in the past, that he (and other riders) get treated badly by BSI and are treated with a lot more respect by OneSport.

And what's wrong it it is because of money?

Also it may have something to do with the SEC having a round in his home country, whereas there is no SGP in Russia

And of course what Emil has always said in the past, that he (and other riders) get treated badly by BSI and are treated with a lot more respect by OneSport.

How does the respect work. Tai was injured in Stockholm last year but SEC/Sportowe Fakty continued to promote him being at Rzeszow for the final SEC round. In the end Tai issued a statement saying he had informed them of withdraw immediately after the Stockholm GP. Not sure this shows that much respect for the fans or riders.

• Like 2