British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Benefit Fund Bonanza, Leicester 09/03

Agree. It will really p**s them off that some visitors on here have praised Leicester, especially that there was passing and some good races. Who would want to be serving these kind of customers.

There wasn't though any passing or good races.. your point is? much better serving the 300-800 cutomers that we were going last season rather than the 1500 customers they have lost since inception based on the awful track. No wonder speedway is in the state it's in when people like you are still involved..

Edited by volty

Parked up 10 mins away,long queue to get in but some great banter while waiting to get a ticket,we went in with lovely sunshine beaming down and excited about the new season but what a let down with crap out of the gate racing yet again.

People turned out for a special cause and many newbies turned up today but how many will return?

The only downside is the crap track,the viewing from around the track is superb.

DH & Leicester will struggle as the season goes on as people won't pay to watch gate & go at BP

• Like 1

Well I am a happy lions fan.A 5 min walk up to the stadium, only had to que for about 15 mins,stood in my normal place with friends, we all had a bet which I have to say I won!! It wasn't about who would win the team event, or the individual part of the meeting, It was who would be the first out of Robert72 or Volty to come on here and slag it off!! Free entry for me at the next meeting, LOL. As for the day, well I would agree it was not the best racing I have seen, but then again I wasn't really expecting it to be. Its pre season,who in their right mind would be throwing every thing they had in to today? Its a long season, not a time to get injured. As for the poster who could not find anywhere to park? why did you not look on google maps before setting off, loads of parking near where I live, and like I said, it only takes me 5 mins to walk to the stadium.

• Like 2

Well I am a happy lions fan.A 5 min walk up to the stadium, only had to que for about 15 mins,stood in my normal place with friends, we all had a bet which I have to say I won!! It wasn't about who would win the team event, or the individual part of the meeting, It was who would be the first out of Robert72 or Volty to come on here and slag it off!! Free entry for me at the next meeting, LOL. As for the day, well I would agree it was not the best racing I have seen, but then again I wasn't really expecting it to be. Its pre season,who in their right mind would be throwing every thing they had in to today? Its a long season, not a time to get injured. As for the poster who could not find anywhere to park? why did you not look on google maps before setting off, loads of parking near where I live, and like I said, it only takes me 5 mins to walk to the stadium.

To be fair, some people can't walk for 5 minutes. Does Leicester provide disabled parking at the stadium ?

There wasn't though any passing or good races.. your point is? much better serving the 300-800 cutomers that we were going last season rather than the 1500 customers they have lost since inception based on the awful track. No wonder speedway is in the state it's in when people like you are still involved..

Bye. :P

• Like 1

My first visit to Leicester and have to say I enjoyed it. The racing wasn't fantastic but the crowd was great and a lot of money will have been raised for a great cause.

Had to park maybe a ten minute walk from the stadium but it probably saved us being held up on our way out.

Also have to say I really enjoyed the chat I had with the gentleman next to me...a nicer guy you couldn't meet and an absolute credit to Leicester Speedway. Great guy!

To be fair, some people can't walk for 5 minutes. Does Leicester provide disabled parking at the stadium ?

As far as i am aware they do, think it has to be pre arranged? I think you are directed to the pits end of the stadium?
  • Like 1

Some people are more easily pleased than others !

And some moan for moanings sake!

• Like 3

Arrived at 11.30am and parked up at the Stadium with no problem although I heard of others arriving shortly after and turning back as they couldn't find / be bothered to find alternative parking.

There were long queues to get in and that side of things certainly could have been better organised as it was clear there would be problems two hours before the start time. Unfortunately I also heard of those who were unable to / couldn't be bothered to queue and heading for home.

Racing was about what I would expect for Leicester with Craig Cook and Nick Morris the stand out riders.

Big turnout, lovely day and lots of money raised for a great cause!

• Like 1

As far as i am aware they do, think it has to be pre arranged? I think you are directed to the pits end of the stadium?

Yes disabled bays are thru the pits area. Don't know about pre-booking though. we only found it by chance !!

A lot longer I am afraid if you are not so mobile as I found out to my dismay on my first visit there !!!

Edited by whippy

your comments made me laugh when you said (it wasn't the best racing I have seen but I wasn't expecting it to be) so you went there today expecting it to be crap as normal at BP lol

Also are you saying the riders went there for a practice session and not to risk racing each other as it was only pre season event even though people have paid good money to watch real professional racing, are you for real? Lol

My first visit to Leicester and have to say I enjoyed it. The racing wasn't fantastic but the crowd was great and a lot of money will have been raised for a great cause.

Had to park maybe a ten minute walk from the stadium but it probably saved us being held up on our way out.

Also have to say I really enjoyed the chat I had with the gentleman next to me...a nicer guy you couldn't meet and an absolute credit to Leicester Speedway. Great guy!

How dare you enjoy yourself? :mad: Hang your head in shame.

• Like 2

interstingly i had a similar bet, for an ice cream no less, on who would come out with the most asinine response to being told the racing was crap and i bagsied you, my 9 year old went with tsunami and and 5 year old was so positive Long Eye would nail it he even bet the red sauce that mrcts would like the comment. I have a feeling we'll all end up that little bit fatter.

Edited by volty
  • Like 3

Yes and with 15 minutes to go before the start of the meeting they had spaces to spare. I guess you should contact thte stadium in advance for further information. Hope this helps.

your comments made me laugh when you said (it wasn't the best racing I have seen but I wasn't expecting it to be) so you went there today expecting it to be crap as normal at BP lol

Also are you saying the riders went there for a practice session and not to risk racing each other as it was only pre season event even though people have paid good money to watch real professional racing, are you for real? Lol

I dont think anybody told messrs Cook, Morris or Pedersen about the none racing bit - even Bomber had a go. But overall I strongly suspect that for many of the riders, it was a pre season friendly and like such events in football the participents abide by the unwritten rule that "today is not for full contact do or die antics" - I think it will be the same at KL when the Polish club visits on the 19th. But lets not forget, the purpose of the meeting was to raise funds for BEN and what a great result that was.

Meanwhile I will hold back from commenting on the quality of racing in 2014 untill the meetings where the result matters come along.

• Like 1

The racing at this event has been pretty ordinary in the past at both Rye & Scunny, its never going to be a classic, cut and thrust kind of meeting being the first one of the season.

Raising lots of money is the main objective so its great to see so many people turning out.

• Like 3