British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pete cc

Who's Got The Best Reserve?

Amazing how Skidder has so much to say on Josh's situation as it seems talks have already taken place between him & another Elite lge club which happens to be wait for it the club Skidder supports.

Yes it's the right decision for Josh to ride for a Premier Lge down the road from him especially as he was clearly going to travel with Ashley Birks whilst on Robins duty until that fell through.

The main issue should be that it doesn't matter whether it's a foreign rider coming in on a dodgy average or a draft system there always seems to be a loophole some want to exploit.

Josh will get plenty of chances to guest in the Elite lge in 2014 which is fair enough but there is no way he should be allowed to join a team permanantly.

I thought only unattached Draft riders could guest for other Draft riders, surely he isn't still a Draft rider?
  • Like 1

I thought only unattached Draft riders could guest for other Draft riders, surely he isn't still a Draft rider?

Sorry didn't realise that was the case & that makes no sense at all as surely any national lge rider not in the draft should be able to be a guest.

Sorry didn't realise that was the case & that makes no sense at all as surely any national lge rider not in the draft should be able to be a guest.

I'm not sure, but there were quite a few riders who would have been near the top of the list who ruled themselves out as unavailable, for a variety of reasons. There are also a few oldies in the NL, giving them a guest spot rather defeats the object.
  • Like 1

Neither have pulled up any trees at PL level so disagree.

Have a look at Bates' NL average and compare it to those of some of the other second picks.

As has been correctly pointed out the lad needs to sit out this EL season otherwise the whole draft system is undermined. The draft idea is quite a simple one which can be kept airtight and manipulation free easily if everyone plays fair and the SCB do their job correctly.

• Like 4

It is clear he hasn't `reneged`

Good god.

Was he drafted by Swindon? Yes.

Did he go and sign for another club KNOWING there was a clash with his commitment to Swindon? Yes

Is he now riding for Swindon? No

That means he has reneged. 100%. It's not even up for debate.

• Like 1

Good god.

Was he drafted by Swindon? Yes.

Did he go and sign for another club KNOWING there was a clash with his commitment to Swindon? Yes

Is he now riding for Swindon? No

That means he has reneged. 100%. It's not even up for debate.

Stop debating it then

• Like 2

A wheel has only just turned in the new season & you pair are squabbling like 6 year olds. Re read your posts & take a good look at yourselves.

• Like 1

Amazing how Skidder has so much to say on Josh's situation as it seems talks have already taken place between him & another Elite lge club which happens to be wait for it the club Skidder supports.

Yes it's the right decision for Josh to ride for a Premier Lge down the road from him especially as he was clearly going to travel with Ashley Birks whilst on Robins duty until that fell through.

The main issue should be that it doesn't matter whether it's a foreign rider coming in on a dodgy average or a draft system there always seems to be a loophole some want to exploit.

Josh will get plenty of chances to guest in the Elite lge in 2014 which is fair enough but there is no way he should be allowed to join a team permanantly.

I'm sure that Matt Ford (and many of the other EL promoters, if they are doing their jobs properly), will already have had contact with a number of NL/PL riders to cover for any future fixture unavailability by either reserve.

In fact when I was in his office paying my season ticket money a couple of weeks ago, he took a call from one of them!! :wink::t:

NB. Its a shame Robert Lambert can't be a guest reserve whilst on his 3 point average!!! :P

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Not really Bates will be lot better than the kid Swindon have had to bring in and Bates will be a lot better than smart .

It's between a 3 and 5 point swing .

The kid? Do you mean Ritchings? I think you be better off with hom personally

Not really Bates will be lot better than the kid Swindon have had to bring in and Bates will be a lot better than smart .

It's between a 3 and 5 point swing .

Only got one Richings(lol)

• Like 1

So you would be happy if Kyle Newman signed for Wednesday PL club (ok I don't actually think there are any but still...) or a Danish team so had to quit Poole then signed for another EL club replacing their weaker reserve?

The fact that Newman is on the draft list at all a complete mystery

• Like 1

Agree with TMW Newman is far to experienced to be a draft rider Same goes for Simon Lambert both could be classed as old hands and not what the draft system is all about in my opinion...

The fact that Newman is on the draft list at all a complete mystery

Not really, he obviously met the criteria needed..