British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

You must be the only one on the forum that doesn't get it. :party:

Have you stopped taking the tablets again ?

:D:D

Nope, and im really not interested.

At the end of the day even Darcy said the track was crap and the only passing was between Smart and Greenwood and that was because they kept on making mistakes. Swindon will win tonight and take all 3 EL points on a proper race track with many different ways to get around the place unlike Wimborne Road or should I just say FTG.

Well because Darcy says there wasn't any overtaking that must be right - or more to the point, seen as he was calling for Smolinski to get a 'yellow card' for his move in the GP the other week I don't see him slating Milik for his move on Pawlicki. Near enough exact carbon copies and IMO just one of those incidents where Milik (or Smolinski) can't be blamed as it was just one of them things, but double standards from Darcy perhaps.

Anyway, for the meeting itself I thoroughully enjoyed that and anyone who said there wasn't any passing/racing is talking complete rubbish - Batchelor was usually involved in the thick of it and was good value, his race with Holder and then Grajczonek where they passed and repassed being his highlights. Janowski very good value after two poor opening rides but his team riding with Milik whilst Kildemand tried everything to get through and then passing Kildemand in heat 13 too. These were just the highlights and there was plenty of other passes too and as it turned out, a great one for the neutral.

I'd be massively disapointted if I was a Swindon fan who travelled to watch their team ride like that though - Kildemand was always in the mix but couldn't get out the gate for love nor money. Klindt was about as poor as any other time I've seen him, how was this rider once 'the next big thing'? Batchelor as mentioned was always in the mix and good value and Gustafsson was average. The biggest surprise was Nick Morris who I have never seen ride so badly - from Somerset's point of view it's a good job he's riding for Swindon tonight as he was terrible today. Greenwood had a very nasty get off in his final ride and Worrall was again average at best.

Poole look a great side though especially at home and a very strong top 5 if Grajczonek can continue to ride for them like that. Charles done what was needed and more at reserve which was great to see at this level.

Overall, good match and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Well because Darcy says there wasn't any overtaking that must be right - or more to the point, seen as he was calling for Smolinski to get a 'yellow card' for his move in the GP the other week I don't see him slating Milik for his move on Pawlicki. Near enough exact carbon copies and IMO just one of those incidents where Milik (or Smolinski) can't be blamed as it was just one of them things, but double standards from Darcy perhaps.

Anyway, for the meeting itself I thoroughully enjoyed that and anyone who said there wasn't any passing/racing is talking complete rubbish - Batchelor was usually involved in the thick of it and was good value, his race with Holder and then Grajczonek where they passed and repassed being his highlights. Janowski very good value after two poor opening rides but his team riding with Milik whilst Kildemand tried everything to get through and then passing Kildemand in heat 13 too. These were just the highlights and there was plenty of other passes too and as it turned out, a great one for the neutral.

I'd be massively disapointted if I was a Swindon fan who travelled to watch their team ride like that though - Kildemand was always in the mix but couldn't get out the gate for love nor money. Klindt was about as poor as any other time I've seen him, how was this rider once 'the next big thing'? Batchelor as mentioned was always in the mix and good value and Gustafsson was average. The biggest surprise was Nick Morris who I have never seen ride so badly - from Somerset's point of view it's a good job he's riding for Swindon tonight as he was terrible today. Greenwood had a very nasty get off in his final ride and Worrall was again average at best.

Poole look a great side though especially at home and a very strong top 5 if Grajczonek can continue to ride for them like that. Charles done what was needed and more at reserve which was great to see at this level.

Overall, good match and really enjoyed it.

Amazing though when you look at their scored Nicolai & Simon did ok & that's where this new format is rubbishe.

Not many good scores for any away no 5 & Nick will always have the odd off meeting.

Swindon are in trouble tonight as well in my view but hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Crazy robin

Thats the trouble with just looking at the scores Nicolai only beat Lee & Charles. Simon started ok then went awal. Whereas Peter deserved a lot more than 7

• Like 2

I think it was an appropriate claim of mine. Poole riders speeding off into the lead creating a dust 'smoke screen' to hide other illegal and devious tactics. The poor robins riders couldn't see where to ride.

Or were they just rubish today??

Wonder what the excuse will be if they lose again tonight??

rubbish - like wot i wrote !!! ha ha!!!

Well done Poole for the thrashing of a somewhat under-performing Robins outfit...

Didn't see the meeting so can't really comment on the racing or the track, but judging from previous meetings and the various comments made on here, I will - and it was most probably crap...(the same for both teams though).. :D

Good new rule with this immediate R/R mullarkey, meaning that the Pirates didn't suffer from the loss of Pawlicki

Hope Swindon manage to scrape 3 points tonight, but that may be 'a bridge too far'.for this Swindon team.

Rather strangely Mr. Shovlar's hapless predictions continue...

Edited by yerropes

So Matt Ford prepared the track did he? Let me tell you something matey, Neill was pouring bowers on that track from 6.30 this morning. i know, i was there at 7.00, and he's already put one full bowser down. in the sun and the wind and sea air that track will dry out within 20 minutes, he was pouring water down and half filling the bowser to get more down, the track was drying quicker than he could get it down. so you can forget that as an excuse. Basically your team was just not good enough, and from a Swindon prospective, things need to change, and the only person who can make that happen is your riders, with a little help from Uncle Rosco, because they were not even there..

Walked right into that one didnt you?....what a plonkeeeeerrrrr

I actually think Swindon will win this evening!!! Most - not all -of their riders were on the pace this morning, just not able to gate!!

Poole's good start this season has all been at home, so we'll see how they adapt to their first away meeting on a big track (Thank goodness its not on a small one!!).

Shamek rides after the all clear from the docs - so hopefully that proves to be the right decision! Milik will probably have a couple of Fx's - its par for the course!

Here's hoping I'm wrong! :t:

• Like 1

What happened to the Bet365 coverage of this meeting that was on their schedule for tonight? Its vanished from the list!

Surely out of principle matt ford will stand milik down from this meeting after injuring another rider earkier today?

• Like 2

Shovlar is on the wind up and you bite every time!

Some call it wind up, some call it trolling.

You must be the only one on the forum that doesn't get it. :party:

He rarely gets it. :D

Rather strangely Mr. Shovlar's hapless predictions continue...

Like most of his posts, they are hapless. :P

How can any team be winning 26-16 and then be losing 28-29...(2-13)..

Sadly I think this team are capable of anything & there lies the problem & the signings of Nicolai & Simon really look iffy when there's pressure.

Simon & Nicolai have scored 7 points between them & all points have come against reserves.

It might be early but big decisions have to be made as it's simply not good enough.

Congratulations to Poole who did what most of except Steve Shovlar knew was going to happen anyway.

Edited by Crazy robin