British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Swindon & Poole Home And Away On April 18

Perhaps if you didn't mention my name in nearly every other post you might not come across as the obsessive type.

Like you say, got a life and its a great one. :t:

Jesus. Bloody. Wept.

. E/F equals chance removed. It ain't rocket science :)

When you're already on a 5-1 ? Are you for real ? Sounds like its more than rocket science for you , deary me !

After watching both meetings it wasnt bad entertainment , with heat 15 at Blunsdon being as epic as any. A few gripes , Poole needs to get those few ruts sorted or risk more riders getting injured , plus they need more bacon at the food outlets ! As for Swindon , good night at a good track , but slightly soured by a few morons cheering at crashes by Poole riders , and the bizarre cheering at a Poole E/F when Swindon were on a 5-1 anyway which left one wondering if they received any education at all when/if they went to school.

You have a way with words and calling people morons won't endear you to the general population! There weren't many crashes and the ones there were were pretty innocuous - I think Simon's crash in heat 14 was possibly the worst. With regards to the bizarre cheering at a Poole E/F (I believe it was for Milik) where I think your education is lacking is that one or both of the Swindon riders could have fallen or had E/F themselves so points could be dropped during the race and an E/F for Poole reduces the impact of this.

I generally think that calling people morons and belittling their education is a poor reflection on one's own social standing!

• Like 3

Last home match Gusto was top scorer, give them both a bit more time, then if still struggling kick 'em out pronto! Remember 2010 when Rosco's Coventry were rock bottom then stunned Poole and the rest of the speedway world winning the Grand Final! It's not over till the fat tart sings! People saying it's just a 2-horse race, Kings Lynn and Poole, too early to say that yet methinks.

That's cos they had Pawlicki at reserve. Obviously not an option for any team this year!!

Gustaffson reminds me of daniel davidsson in many ways

He's not that bad!! Simon has always struggled at Poole.

Jesus. Bloody. Wept.

You'd get more sense from a brick wall!!

You have a way with words and calling people morons won't endear you to the general population! There weren't many crashes and the ones there were were pretty innocuous - I think Simon's crash in heat 14 was possibly the worst. With regards to the bizarre cheering at a Poole E/F (I believe it was for Milik) where I think your education is lacking is that one or both of the Swindon riders could have fallen or had E/F themselves so points could be dropped during the race and an E/F for Poole reduces the impact of this.

I generally think that calling people morons and belittling their education is a poor reflection on one's own social standing!

It really depends what they were saying! If they were being abusive (a few people on other sites said some Swindon fans were in the evening) then calling them morons is quite polite!

You'd get more sense from a brick wall!!

Pot and Kettle spring to mind.

Edited by stevebrum

When you're already on a 5-1 ? Are you for real ? Sounds like its more than rocket science for you , deary me !

Oh dear, you are sounding a bit desperate there. Its almost as if you are arguing the point even after you've realised you are wrong. In case you still haven't grasped it i'll explain again.

As SteveO has said above, an e/f for an opposition rider removes a possible threat, even if the threat isn't, apparently, there at that precise moment. A threat removed is often going to excite a response from fans.

If you are still struggling with the concept the next time you get along to a meeting just ask the person standing next to you, they'll happily explain how it works.

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 1

Sorry I don't get the fact you shouldn't cheer if an opposing rider has an engine failure on a 5-1. The ef takes a rider out the race who could pass one if your riders or take advantage if one of your own gets an ef. So yes even on a 5-1 there is nothing wrong with cheering if the rider in third or fourth break down. The sport is getting duller already without taking out a bit of sport and a boo hiss here and there

So Holder gets 19 points from home and away against Swindon and we hope that dispels the lowering average rubbish but probably not!

• Like 1

Oh dear, you are sounding a bit desperate there. Its almost as if you are arguing the point even after you've realised you are wrong. In case you still haven't grasped it i'll explain again.

As SteveO has said above, an e/f for an opposition rider removes a possible threat, even if the threat isn't, apparently, there at that precise moment. A threat removed is often going to excite a response from fans.

If you are still struggling with the concept the next time you get along to a meeting just ask the person standing next to you, they'll happily explain how it works.

I bet heat 14 at Blunsdon got some of the biggest cheers of the night then??!! :shock::wink:

3 highlights form the meeting ...Getting Dietbowers a pint not seeing philplop :wink: and then seeing one of the greatest darts players of all time and Bdo legend in Poole's very own Scotty dog Mitchell .

• Like 2

I also meant to say how disappointing Milik was. Time will tell if he comes good but certainly wasn't good at a Blunsdon (probably just as well too)

• Like 1

I also meant to say how disappointing Milik was. Time will tell if he comes good but certainly wasn't good at a Blunsdon (probably just as well too)

He was hardly going to do very much on his first ever visit to Blunsdon. Did you expect him to beat Swindon heat leaders? He would have no doubt scored more but for an ef at the tapes in one heat. Led all three reruns of heat 14. Took some good scalps in the morning. Didn't he beat Kildemand?

All new to him and he is a real talent. Poole fans have already seen his potential which will only get better as the season progresses. Sure he will struggle big time at Eastbourne, Lakeside, Monmore and Belle Vue, but the playoffs might not come from those clubs anyway.

Pirates fans are certainly NOT disappointed with his displays so far.

I thought he did OK. He was very good at Poole when he made it past the second bend (50% of the time) and although he struggled in his first two rides and had an EF, he looked comfortable in all three attempts at heat 14 when the pressure was really on.

milik should be on the point of being axed by the nasty matt ford

he has only scored 9, 8, 8+1 and now in serious decline with only a 3 (a heat win) at swindon

or maybe not!!!

holder started to decline at swindon in the last two races and ward hasn't even scored

so two more for the axe!!

josh quite clearly is cheating in the dust - typical australian gamesmanship

the other two poles are secretly talking to one another in their own language so they should be banned

There you are!!! That should even things up a bit for you all.

• Like 3