British Speedway Forum
Tsunami

Newcastle Diamonds V Somerset Rebels - Sun 6th April, 2014. Premiership

Well Sunday should see the first silverware of the PL decided with the second leg of the Premiership Trophy. Will Rebels bring a big lead from tonights meeting at Somerset, or will it be all to play for with a reasonable deficit to overcome.

Should be a good meeting between two competitive teams, if previous meetings are an indicator.

Looking forward to it.

Can sheeter's note that sheeting is planned for 3.00pm, and hoping that there is a reasonable number left at the end of the meeting to pick them back up. It really is important, as the more the merrier and, the easier the job is for everyone. Hope to see you all there.

wrap up warm,,, think it's gonna be a loonnngggg nite,,, :-(

n keep the spare bits ov air fence handy,,,

Tie decided already I think. If Somerset can't defend that score they'll want shooting

• Like 1

The good side, looks like it's going to be a bit warmer tonight. We need a Sheffield.....and then some!

Updates for tonight's meeting: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/13150/newcastle-somerset-premier-shield-30pm

Team Line-ups:

Newcastle Diamonds: Ludvig Lindgren, Christian Henry, Stuart Robson, Lewis Kerr, Anton Rosen, Chris Schramm and Lewis Rose.

Somerset Rebels: Nick Morris, Todd Kurtz, Brady Kurtz, Pontus Aspgren, Olly Allen, Charles Wright and Paul Starke

Edited by Elliot Hunt

As others have said, I think the deficit from Fridays meeting is going to be just too much for us to overcome, although I do think that we will get a decent win. Friday was a bad day at the office for too many Diamonds, and I think there will be a smart reversal of both teams performances tonight. A good competitive meeting with no injuries will do, as we say goodbye to a trophy that we have recently had a good relationship with.

I think we have better performers around our track, but it will be interesting to see how the Danish lad performs. Big performance on Friday with paid 15, but I don't expect to see that sort of score from him tonight.

Let's hope the celebration of the Rebels promotion is a bit more respectable in their moment of glory. Should be a good meeting.

Reminder that we need every sheeter to stay behind and pick the sheets up after the meeting. Thanks.

If we continue to throw away point after point from scoring positions or daft falls then we will get beat.

Weather report for those who are travelling. Sun is out and the forecast is for a tropical 16 degrees for the rest go the afternoon, before cutting in to 12/13 degrees. Bit overcast at 7.00pm, but nothing else for the rest of the day.

Any change and I post it on here.

Weather report for those who are travelling. Sun is out and the forecast is for a tropical 16 degrees for the rest go the afternoon, before cutting in to 12/13 degrees. Bit overcast at 7.00pm, but nothing else for the rest of the day.

Any change and I post it on here.

Cheers Dave. :t:

Can you believe it, racing haulted due to setting sun, the only thing we have in Dorset is setting rain.. Nice lead for the Rebels..

Can you believe it, racing haulted due to setting sun, the only thing we have in Dorset is setting rain.. Nice lead for the Rebels..

That's happened a couple of times at Berwick, if only we could find a way to stop the sun setting in the west.

Well done Somerset on picking up the first silverware of the season winning both legs.Doyley and the rest of the 2013 team will be well chuffed.

• Like 2