British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Workington (lc) 11/4/14 @ 7.30pm

Josh G did ok but Richard Lawson would have hit a maximum.

You clearly have never seen Richard Lawson ride Armadale then! :rofl:

Josh G did ok but Richard Lawson would have hit a maximum.

Of course! as in his previous Armadale meetings ;)

• Like 1

Josh G did ok but Richard Lawson would have hit a maximum the fence

FTFY...no need to thank me :P Edited by HenryW

Oh well, it's back to the drawing board for us again, just never get any better up there, disappointing result?? :cry:

Wasn't far off in my prediction!!! 22 points for Edinburgh reserves against 4 for Comets (excluding Bonus points) tells everything that is wrong with the team and why we will fall just short of the big prizes. Still think we will give some teams a real going over when those top 5 all fire but with only 3 performing tonight it left too big a gap. Cookie a class apart again

I think you are right here. Comets top 5 are as good as anyones (I was impressed with Campton and Grajczonek last night) but the reserves are poor. I don't think they will be convincing at home never mind anywhere else and that will cost Workington dear.

Not sure why we build ourselves up when we visit Armadale, because it always ends in dissapointment. However, that dissapointment is expected. Just seems like a track that none of our riders, no matter how hard they try can't master (Josh and Ricky excluded).

Not sure why we build ourselves up when we visit Armadale, because it always ends in dissapointment. However, that dissapointment is expected. Just seems like a track that none of our riders, no matter how hard they try can't master (Josh and Ricky excluded).

It took Josh a few years to master Armadale, I think that last night was his best ever score there

My ramblings from the Chatzone.....

This was a big test tonight and we passed with flying colours.

The turning point was heat 7 when just 2 points ahead Howarth went haywire on the last 2 bends to allow both Monarchs through for a 3-3 rather than a 1-5.

Both teams had some bad luck/bad calls from the ref - Derek was elbowed off by Scrabbleman in heat 5 I felt, could have been all 4 back, Aaron came off when Campton parked his bike 1 yard in front of him in ht 8 after slowing to a crawl on every corner then Bach went down in heat 9 as Worrall lifted on bend 2. Surely if a rider falls due to one in front mucking it up the one in front should go?

Cookie was rubbish, never got a full max, never got the track record lol. Aaron showed he can gate, a few more meetings and he'll be doing fine. Max was superb, just beaten once in his 2nd ride when outnumbered in the re-run. Derek ran out of room in heat 3, then was unlucky in 5. Sam still has to Master the bends but his speed is there for all to see. The reserves were great, maybe Stevie tired a bit in his last two.

For Worky, I thought they looked solid but they couldn't win enough heats - only one apart from the Joker ride. Grajczonek won two, Wells one and Bach is still not back to his pre-injury form. Campton is much improved and had a good night, Howarth had a good second in 14 after spinning out on a paid win in 7, Morris scored a few thirds with Mills earning a 100 lines for arriving late!

So a meeting where I predicted a 10 point win ended up as a 20 point one excluding the stupid 3 extra joker points. We hammered Berwick home and away last week, this team look very strong, but there's a long way to go. Luckily, r/r for Derek tomorrow doesn't really weaken us, hopefully he'll get his back sorted for next week.

Edinburgh do look strong and will be up there come end of season. Just to be pedantic, Monarchs didn't hammer Berwick at Shielfield!!!

Edinburgh do look strong and will be up there come end of season. Just to be pedantic, Monarchs didn't hammer Berwick at Shielfield!!!

lol, a 4 point win for Monarchs is a hammering, a 20 point defeat is a narrow loss ;)

Best thing about this result........ A certain Taylor j silenced........ Priceless : )

Heaven

Best thing about this result........ A certain Taylor j silenced........ Priceless : )

:rofl::rofl::rofl: . Never!! , its water off a ducks back with what you or any other keyboard warrior throw .

Onwards , upwards :party: #BELIEVE :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Taylorj

One thing that made me smile on Friday night was one fence panel with 'Yes, Scotland' on it and another with 'Better Together' on that.

Nice to see that the Monarchs are not only unbiased but gaining financial benefit from the independence vote. :D

• Like 4