British Speedway Forum
northyorksbear

Redcar V Newcastle (lc) Thursday 10th April

I Got bored! :oops:

To be honest, though, I thought most overtakes were down to riders making mistakes (therefore not what I would call genuine overtakes).

I also (in my opinion) thought the couple of times Anton was passed, he was 'bullied' by the opposition, but, I must stress, not in a bad way, but in a good clean racing way, which I didn't see coming for this season.

It is still early in the season, but the Diamonds have to sort themselves out, otherwise we might be in for a long 'mid-table' season.

Thanks for genuine reply - I did have you down as one of the more sensible posters.

I was also surprised at lack of pace Rosen showed, last season Bears couldn't catch him , last night he was caught, passed and then left behind, but it is early days - maybe too much expectation has been placed on him.

Don't knock mid-table seasons, I would have grabbed some of those in years gone by :wink:

You were clearly watching a different meeting to me then. 2 genuine overtakes all night.

For those wanting rid of Lewis Rose - he is getting his average most meetings so far. That is all you can ask of the kid.

We lack a 'top end' 'big hitter' that is true, but when it comes down to it, who do you replace and who with - and, most importantly, can we afford one?

I am glad you seem to be saying that's a wind up.

I thought it was a highly entertaining meeting - enough certainly for me to go back and a massive improvement on previous seasons.

As to the other two points, I think you're right and, as you point out, Rose is scoring his average (at least). If someone is being considered for replacement (and I'd say its a bit early for that) he is quite possibly the last one I'd get rid of.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Although Rosen is struggling, we must remember that he blew his no.1 engine on Sunday, also he is now into his first full season in this league so a learning curve is to be expected. Results at the moment are disappointing, however, a knee jerk reaction will serve no purpose, let's just see how things settle down over the next few weeks.

Although Rosen is struggling, we must remember that he blew his no.1 engine on Sunday, also he is now into his first full season in this league so a learning curve is to be expected. Results at the moment are disappointing, however, a knee jerk reaction will serve no purpose, let's just see how things settle down over the next few weeks.

I will only say that I am being proved right about Lindgren - certainly not a Number One sadly. :sad: :sad:

I will only say that I am being proved right about Lindgren - certainly not a Number One sadly. :sad: :sad:

And sadly you have raised it again. Pedantic or what.

If Newcastle are looking to make a changes, Rosen would be the last one I`d be dropping, the lad clearly has ability.

What....

cantankerous,,, I'd say, lol

• Like 2

Very?

They mean "very average"

Well we should be seeing an acid test of Ludo on Sunday against Simon Stead and can Rosen tame either Roynon or Lanham. Surely George will have had his man management hat on, but that can do nothing to ally any mech. probs. the lads are suffering.

They mean "very average"

Aha, sorry I'm don't so much get subtle talk :lol:

Not pedantic at all. This is a discussion Forum Dave. I just opened the discussion by saying that Lindgren is not good enough to be Number One. You may not like that but it is true whether you like it or not.

When Averages allow - he should be at Three, Four or Five and Robson should be the Number One. I have been consistent in my view since around Christmas time.