British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Coventry 14/4/14 Ela Sky Meeting.

Thought the track was garbage, way too slick and bumpy, and only one dirt line up against the fence...

• Like 3

Unlucky boys you deserved a point

Edited by Game On
  • Like 1

Thought the track was garbage, way too slick and bumpy, and only one dirt line up against the fence...

it produce some great entertainment though.
  • Like 1

I predict that. Hansen has a 0% chance of beating Holder, Pawlicki or Janowski around Wimborne Road.

Really

• Like 2

I've defended Harris over and over but that can't be justified. 2 truly terrible rides, a decent enough ride when he made a gate and then beat a clearly finding his way back into the swing of things Chris Holder. It's ok saying away 5 is a hard position and looking at other riders scores but you're looking at Hougaard and Bridger for about half of them FFS!

Harris needs to pull his finger out. He's just not doing it. Hans is only slightly better. While Sarjeant continues to plod along nicely, rode well again IMO, Howarth did about all I'd expect of him and Ryan has been a revelation this season so far. Hansen has been pretty solid but tonight really come to the party. Garrity just doesn't seem to be doing it after his big off down at Plymouth, started well with a couple of good meetings this season and has struggled since for the Bees and for Rye House - I've no doubt given time to settle he'll do just fine.

Considering this team was built on having a good top 2 and a decent reserve who has under performance recently, the teams not doing that badly really.

Track was rubbish but entertain. Certain a leveller and allowed the "lesser" riders to show up some of the bigger boys.

Edited by SCB

Blimey was that the same Kyle Newman who I watched at Foxhall last week and score only 4+1, and then only score only 3 on his home track on Friday night??!!!

EL-TV obviously suits him, and if it hadn't been for some inspiring riding by Kenneth Hansen who was definitely my MoM, Newman would have got it!!

• Like 2

Poole have ridden poorly tonight, Holder and Pawlicki both ridden below their levels but still look like they are going to take 3 points.

Big concerns about the Bee's side.. Why keep Harris in when Larsen and Sundstrom are both flying in Poland?

What planet are you on............What about how well Janowski and Newman did and Josh G towards the end...........

Janowski and Milik are far better than MJJ and Dudek will ever be...........

RP

• Like 1

Struggling to remember a meeting where a team deserved a point and missed out as much as tonight's! Gutted we've left empty handed after putting up such a good fight. Still, never expected us to get anywhere near Poole tonight and can comfortably say it was a really entertaining meeting, regardless of the disappointing scoreline in the end from a Bees point of view.

Newman baffles me though, not for the first time he was flying around Wimborne Road and yet is a rider who's hardly pulled up any trees in about 3 years of Premier League racing! Clearly found his special track but looks a completely different rider! If he can take that to other tracks then GB have a good one there.

Hansen may struggle some nights but boy will there be some entertaining races along the way! Inspired ride to hunt down Grajczonek and Holder all race and then swoop around Holder. It was like watching Bomber 7 or so years ago!

Just hope we can get some points on the board against Leicester at the weekend, really can't have any excuses for those meetings. Sure they've got some capable riders but we need to start getting the points to match our potential.

• Like 1

........ bomber is fit ....

I hear that all the time from fliss44. Personally I don't know what she sees in him. :D

You keep on about this no5 position how many did the Poole no5 score if you are good enough comes to mind

Agree if the No 5 is such a difficult position stick your best rider there.the truth is Bomber is just rubbish these days.Whether the form will ever return is the question.this isn't a minor blip he has been poor for the last 2 seasons.

Kenneth Hansen. Young, Danish and good. He should be very afraid.

SuperKennethRacing on the way?

• Like 9

Enjoyed the meeting, lots of action from the youngsters, also from Magic, Hansen and Fisher. Cov did deserve a point but they are going to have to either get Harris scoring or replaced.

Well first of all why do the BSPA demand that Ronnie Russell prepares the track for Sky meetings? I thought the track was far below its best. Made a comment that it was far slicker than normal with no grip up the insides to make passes. All passes were out wide. Hopefully the dirt and grip will be back for Friday. Shamek clearly struggled with conditions as did Milik bucking and rearing and Holder struggling to make up ground.

Under normal circumstances Poole would have had this sewn up earlier but Coventry battled. I poo pooed Hansen but he was the pick of the opposition and deserved his points.

For Poole.

Holder very rusty and it showed. Can and will get better.

Josh started slowly but came to the party when it mattered.

Shamek was woeful. His worst ever meeting.

Milik did good but threw away a paid win.

Magic was Magic.

Newman was motm. Brilliant Kyle.

Smart least said the better.

For Coventry.

Hans was OK

Fisher battled.

Hansen was pick of the Bees.

Howarth battled

Harris had one good ride..

Both reseveres did OK.

So a misfiring Pirates march on to Friday with what looks like a tough couple of meetings.

Really great to see Kyle Newman showing his proper EL potential. He has been in the doldrums for the most part and even up at Brough we only saw glimpses of his real talent last season. Hopefully the lad has now fully regained his pre-life threatening form when he was a Diamond. Never forget that without us having three doctors in attendance on that fateful night he would have died, a sight I was so very thankfully spared.

• Like 1