British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Brummies V Stars 18/04/14

The weakest team in the league at home to "the strongest" team, on an easy to ride track was only going to end one way. I remember Ipswich coming to Poole in 98 and smashing us by a similar score. We are still here so the doom and gloomers need to continue to support the Brummies. Things can only get better as long as the fans stay with them.

You really do contradict yourself don't you.King's Lynn rode the weakest team in the league last night according to you,so the result was only going to end one way.Yet Poole are there next week and all of a sudden it becomes a tough match for Poole.Check your post in the Swindon/Poole matches yesterday

I hope if one rule changed next season it is that both reserves have to have 4 rides.

I agree,and I think many fans from other clubs agree with this.But at the moment every team is doing it as most have a reserve that is better than the other.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

suit yourself, keep moaning and criticising.I for one am going to enjoy this season, as I have many in the past. I don't for one minute think everything in the speedway world is rosy, but I also don't see agendas and conspiracies behind every relatively minor decision. Right now my speedway glass is half full, not half empty......

Not moaning at all but just pointing out that it's not right & there was no need to do it as the meeting wasn't tight.

The weakest team in the league at home to "the strongest" team, on an easy to ride track was only going to end one way. I remember Ipswich coming to Poole in 98 and smashing us by a similar score. We are still here so the doom and gloomers need to continue to support the Brummies. Things can only get better as long as the fans stay with them.

Good call Shovlar!

Not moaning at all but just pointing out that it's not right & there was no need to do it as the meeting wasn't tight.

Rob Lyon wouldn't have swapped them unless there was an adequate reason. Rob not for changing for the sake of it and looks at the bigger picture. He could've swapped them against Wolves in Ht 14 but didn't when others thought he would / could. So for him to actually change them over, there had to be a valid reason that wasn't related to the match score....

• Like 2

Sorry but that is a crock of the brown stuff & whilst he might have been right to take Lewis out of his 4th programmed ride he could easily have gave him that in heat 14.

I hope if one rule changed next season it is that both reserves have to have 4 rides.

if you were in the pits last night you might have seen Lewis Rose nursing an injury .. i'm not Rob Lyon but that MIGHT be the reason

I bet Sponsers "Selco" arn't very happy with "THEIR" teams performance.

I think people are being a bit hard on BB, hes a racer and is trying, unfortunately he needs someone to sort his head out ......but Phil Morris has gone

BB was on the center green watching the starts...... not the actions of someone who wasn't trying.

Eastbourne dumped Kennet, Cov dumped him, Swindon dumped him................. can we do the same?.....................Please.......................NOW

same for DN his ht 14 ride was stunning ....was it not

Never mind... the new Phillips "initative" is bound to help .."The Fans Liaison officers" (aka union reps) you can take all your complaints to them, that will save Philips having to listen to the moans............ if they can find volunteers :icon_smile_clown:

Signed .....Pi**ed off of Tunbridge Wells

"You meet the nicest people at Birmingham Speedway"

Barker is at this all the time, messing about in some fashion, one or the other. Riding round to the tapes pre heat, messing with his suspension or waving his hand for someone to show him where the Perry Barr lights are etc...

I don't know about someone sorting his head, someone needs to get it through to him that he isn't God's gift to Speedway and isn't the centre of attention.

Edited by Mini Jack

if you were in the pits last night you might have seen Lewis Rose nursing an injury .. i'm not Rob Lyon but that MIGHT be the reason

'Might'' or 'Would' ???

Edited by blupanther

if you were in the pits last night you would have seen Lewis Rose nursing an injury .. better?

• Like 2

if you were in the pits last night you would have seen Lewis Rose nursing an injury .. better?

I stand corrected then & offer my apologies but you only have to look how regular already this season that the lesser reserve is only getting 3 rides when meetings are already decided.

It is something that should be stopped NOW rather than wait till next season but I know that won't happen.

I actually think Lewis Rose is doing a great job for Lynn when you think what number he was in the draft & that's why I was disappointed.

I stand corrected then & offer my apologies but you only have to look how regular already this season that the lesser reserve is only getting 3 rides when meetings are already decided.

It is something that should be stopped NOW rather than wait till next season but I know that won't happen.

I actually think Lewis Rose is doing a great job for Lynn when you think what number he was in the draft & that's why I was disappointed.

Yes Rose is doing well considering he only came into the sport last season.Incidentally he is currently ranked 25th on the grading list according to the Birmingham programme from last night.

Edited by tellboy

Two meetings I've seen in the last week and nearly £100 spent in total on admission, travel, food/drink, and we've been outscored 129-51. Expected us to lose both, expected both not to be particularly close tbh, but this has been unacceptable. I won't be going again until they show something resembling an attempt to improve the situation. Put your money where your mouth is Phillips, otherwise you might as well just close the club now and save us all the hassle.

Anything but close. But I suppose you are another one who would be happy for us to close again. Lots of people put in a lot of work convincing both Mole and a very negative council that the city wants speedway. It's painful to watch but it is still speedway in our city, things can get better, but it needs continuity.

Anything but close. But I suppose you are another one who would be happy for us to close again. Lots of people put in a lot of work convincing both Mole and a very negative council that the city wants speedway. It's painful to watch but it is still speedway in our city, things can get better, but it needs continuity.

No it bloody don't if that means Kennett and Nermark!!.

You mean Kennett and Barker were on Rosco's short list ? The sooner the likes of Ellis, Kerr Lambert etc come through the better.

Rosco isn't as Daft as Middleditch, I'd expect the first 3 to be Woffy, Cook and Worral currently, might be a season too soon for those you quote, but they are hardly doing worse than Bomber.

• Like 1

Barker is at this all the time, messing about in some fashion, one or the other. Riding round to the tapes pre heat, messing with his suspension or waving his hand for someone to show him where the Perry Barr lights are etc...

I don't know about someone sorting his head, someone needs to get it through to him that he isn't God's gift to Speedway and isn't the centre of attention.

Ouch!!

No it bloody don't if that means Kennett and Nermark!!.

Exactly, I agree. But come on, when did the season start and what month are we currently in? Mole put out some poor teams early doors. Not this bad granted.

We can probably write this season off while Phillips licks his wounds from last season, but give him credit, he could have jumped ship last year.

Edited by Deano

Exactly, I agree. But come on, when did the season start and what month are we currently in? Mole put out some poor teams early doors. Not this bad granted.

True but we had more options/finance to rectify team issues then, I'd like to think we do now but I'm not convinced.