British Speedway Forum
iris123

Now That Must Be A Record

4 members of the Rempala family lined up for the same team yesterday in Poland.3 brothers and a son/nephew.As the title say's,now that must be a record :t: Unless someone know different of course.

4 members of the Rempala family lined up for the same team yesterday in Poland.3 brothers and a son/nephew.As the title say's,now that must be a record :t: Unless someone know different of course.

I believe the Collins Brothers in the Seventies once rode as a Team. I may be wrong - I am sure someone will confirm or deny. It was not a League Team though, my memory of this is very hazy.

• Like 6

Yes,i was thinking of an official meeting and proper teams,rather than an open meeting with a made up name.But interesting none the less

• Like 1

If the Collins boys didn't do it then I doubt anyone did! Didn't at one time 3 Collins ride for Workington in the early 00's?

I believe the Collins Brothers in the Seventies once rode as a Team. I may be wrong - I am sure someone will confirm or deny. It was not a League Team though, my memory of this is very hazy.

They did TWK and I'm sure it was sometime during the 1977 season. I've searched through my yearbook and can't find it! I also seem to remember that their sister Ann had a match race or two with Steve Bastable's sister, as the picture of all five of the Collins' appeared in the Speedway Star. As soon as I locate the where and when, I'll let you know....
  • Like 2

Nice bit of trivia, about the Rempala brigade. The Collins boys, if I recall, rode as a team at Crayford in a 1980 4TT and also lined-up in the same quartet when Peter Collins held his testimonial, also 1980. Steven was too young to race competitively then but was listed as reserve.

Speedway doesn't have enough trivia-type questions and facts, in my opinion. I recall the Guiness Book Of Record has(had) Hans Nielsen as being highest scorer of league points in a season - but, again I may be wrong, Sam Ermolenko took the honour during his often six and seven rides a season, 1993.

Anyone else know of any Bryan Seery-type facts?

Edited by moxey63

Gordon Kennett scored 639 points plus 17 bonus for White City in 52 matches in 1977, which I believe is a record for the old 13 heat format. The Rebels were a six man outfit for most of that season.

BTW, does anyone know if Dag Lovaas actually received his championship medal? :D

• Like 2

659 from 43 matches, is what Sudden Sam bagged for Wolverhampton. While on the Gordon Kennett subject, he ended his career at Monmore Green - 17 years after helping White City to the league! Kennett and Ermolenko were both together in the Wolves' line-up in 1993 and 94.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 2

Brokstedt were formed in 1983.A year later Matthias Kröger joined and has been with the team ever since and is due to line up this season yet again.Think Conny Samuelsson is the rider generally quoted as being the longest serving rider for one club.Has kröger beaten the record or how many seasons does he have to go?

• Like 2

If the Collins boys didn't do it then I doubt anyone did! Didn't at one time 3 Collins ride for Workington in the early 00's?

All four lined up together for a test match for England at Leicester in 1982, with the Grahame brothers also appearing (Kenny Carter and Chris Morton were the others).

Brokstedt were formed in 1983.A year later Matthias Kröger joined and has been with the team ever since and is due to line up this season yet again.

That is truly extraordinary.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

The five Serrurier brothers - Harry, Doug, Bob, Alan and Jack rode together for several South African league teams.

• Like 2

The five Serrurier brothers - Harry, Doug, Bob, Alan and Jack rode together for several South African league teams.

That just goes to show you learn something every day. I only knew of Doug Serrurier as a racing driver/constructor. He built many LDS 'formula' cars powered by various capacity power plants, the last one being fitted with an Australian Repco V8 engine, the type as used by Jack Brabham. Sam Tingle DNFed it at the 1968 South African GP.

He was also famous for racing large capacity Lola-Chevrolet sports cars and a Formula 5000 Lola in South African Formula 1. Painted in red and white stripes, the cars were sponsored by Walls Ice Cream. The sports cars had the catchphrase 'Stop me and buy one' emblazoned in large letters across the rear spoiler. Happy days!

The Templeton brothers and the McMillan brothers rode in the same Glasgow team. The Templetons were Uncles of the McMillans.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that in one meeting in the 60's Wilf Jay and 2 sons (Alan and ???) rode for one team while Wilf Plant and son Graham were on the other team. Seem to remember that it was at or involved Sheffield.

Not quite Rempala or Serrurierlevel but maybe the Jays are a British record.

Quite open to correction here as that is totally from memory.

:)

Edited by Wessex Wanderer