British Speedway Forum
iris123

Now That Must Be A Record

Can't remember the final score but Ben Howe scored 22 points for Mildenhall away at Wimbledon in 2002/2003.Never seen a performance like it

Bjarne Pedersen scored an 22+1 paid maximum for Poole at Arena Essex (Lakeside) in July 2005.

Bjarne Pedersen scored an 22+1 paid maximum for Poole at Arena Essex (Lakeside) in July 2005.

Yes, that's correct... and quite a feat. But didn't he adopt some of his haul from the crazy double points ploy?

Back to topic, Billy, Johnny, Graham Hole rode for Bristol 1949 plus Eric Salmon brother in law.

Yes, that's correct... and quite a feat. But didn't he adopt some of his haul from the crazy double points ploy?

Heat 12 he did a 15 metre TS. He passed both hammers but the up to then pointless Matej Ferjan, his team mate, won the race. So 6 races from the tapes (R/R and heat 15) and a TS from 15 metres for 4+1.

As it stands, it's impossible to beat that score.

As it stands, it's impossible to beat that score.

You mean you don't foresee the introduction of a tactical treble or quadruple in the near future?

Steve

You mean you don't foresee the introduction of a tactical treble or quadruple in the near future?

Steve

Give over!!! :shock: :shock: :mad: :mad:

..................................don't give them ideas. :shock:

Another 'only in speedway' classic..........in the 1978 Midland Cup the first leg of the final was staged before one of the semi finals had been completed!!! Wolves and Coventry had drawn their semi final and the replay was arranged for the 4th and 6th of October..........but Leicester and the Bees raced the 1st leg of the final at Blackbird Road on October 3rd :o .....the semi still went ahead on the 4th and 6th, just as well Coventry won....speedway!?...gotta love it!! :t:

• Like 3

In 1968, Nigel Boocock scored 16pts out of the Coventry team total of 24, as the Bees lost 54-24 at Wimbledon.

Impressive to say the least.

Dave Trownson scored half of Edinburgh's match total (34) in a home match in 1982 (can't remember who against).

Gordon Kennett scored a 21pt maximum in a cup tie at Swindon (1980, I think) with Kai Niemi scoring 19. Eastbourne still lost.

• Like 2

I think the Alan Mogridge story relates to a Rye House v Canterbury fixture where both sides used rider replacement for him or one side did and he rode for the other. Can't remember the year though to check it out.

Henny Kroeze was the first to do the seven ride maximum, in 1976 and not long before the John Boulger instance mentioned earlier.

1986 I think

1986 I think

Think your right, RJ72.....he actually rode with FOUR different NL clubs that season. I remember the inside cover of the Star having a photo of him sporting the four different race jackets :o

Think your right, RJ72.....he actually rode with FOUR different NL clubs that season. I remember the inside cover of the Star having a photo of him sporting the four different race jackets :o

Reidar Eide rode for four different teams in the BL during the 1980 season.