British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Belle Vue 16/4

I get the thing you believe about assets (which I don't believe has any legality). However, you either have a draft system that is fair to all or it's not a draft system. How can it be fair that the certain riders in the draft were pre-selected (or reserved)? Anyway, I hope you have a great season and finally win some silverware at the highest level but don't try defending the indefensible and then shouting "sour grapes" - it makes you sound like a Poole fan!

so you'd be totally happy having helped to produce two riders like Kerr and Rose and then loaning them out to other clubs ? You'd be happy with that if that was your club ?

Can see both sides to this argument. As has been said a draft can't be totally fair to all if teams can lay claim to assets, but at the same time those who grow their own should be able to use them. In an ideal world a couple of years notice for teams to produce/sign one reserve each in readiness for the draft would have helped.

Unfortunately there appears to be quite a disparity if reserve strengths throughout the EL when really you want ten evenly matched pairings allocated in the fairest way possible. I also think the form of Lewis Rose has made our pairing seem a lot stronger, he has ridden and scored much better than many thought having not even been in the Young Stars 1-7 this time last year and ending the season with quite a modest average...... I don't think too many Stars fans expected him to have scored so many points already in the EL.

Edited by Bagpuss

now that's were your argument falls flat on its face win at all costs ? So in Kings Lynn history how many EL or BL titles has the club won ? 0 that's how many so win at all costs fits in well with the club - yes we've won the PL twice , as I say if your team / club had helped to produced two riders like our 6/7 you'd be totally happy to loan one or both out to other clubs ? If you say yes to that question I think you've eaten to many Easter eggs . 2014 just might be the year of the Stars just maybe .

How long have you been watching Speedway ? teams have to loan out there assets all the time that is how the sport runs . if we were all allowed to used are assets then the points limit would have to go .

As I said my beef is not with kl it's with how the drafts are picked . Anyone with any sense of fair play should understand that . of course your happy with the rules because it suits your side I doubt your attitude would be the same if were starting -8 every match .

No one in there right mind can think that it's fair that the champions and the richest club in the uk can somehow get a pl second string and the best rider in a so called draft system . And what happens next year ? don't tell me Poole somehow find so more assets that fit into the reserve birth while the others are left to fight over the remains .

Edited by orion

Baggy I saw a bit of Rose last season and there looked a huge amount of improvement in him. So this season Kings Lynn appear to have the drop on other clubs. Next season who knows which club will benefit the most.

I am amazed that fans of other clubs should be p'eed off that a little Club like Lynn have a chance of mixing it with the big boys, for once. Lynn have had a lot of poor seasons in their history, but are still alive and kicking. If we were lucky enough to win the thing this season we as fans will enjoy the experience, if we don't then so be it we will be back again next Year.

Baggy I saw a bit of Rose last season and there looked a huge amount of improvement in him. So this season Kings Lynn appear to have the drop on other clubs. Next season who knows which club will benefit the most.

I am amazed that fans of other clubs should be p'eed off that a little Club like Lynn have a chance of mixing it with the big boys, for once. Lynn have had a lot of poor seasons in their history, but are still alive and kicking. If we were lucky enough to win the thing this season we as fans will enjoy the experience, if we don't then so be it we will be back again next Year.

How can KL be a little club ? they own there stadium so in terms of money they can make that makes them a massive club ..People are pissed off with the rule not KL .Thou the KL fans we are all right jack attitude will no doubt not go down well .

A little club in terms of Silver ware and success. No match for The Belle Vues and all conquering Pirates. It's sometime nice to be invited to dine at the big table.

I'm quite astonished that a couple of Swindon fans are calling us a win at all costs club / fans. That is laughable to be fair.

No other club or fans have had any issues at all and that says far more to me.

I think we're a pretty level headed bunch of fans

Here's the thing though. When the rankings of the draft riders were introduced I think what we got was very very fair to the rest of the league and that's why they agreed to it

Lewis Kerr topped the list of 23. Lewis Rose was 20th on the list of 23 riders. Seeing as the are 10 teams we got the best and worst from the top 20 so what really is the problem?????

I'm quite astonished that a couple of Swindon fans are calling us a win at all costs club / fans. That is laughable to be fair.

Here's the thing though. When the rankings of the draft riders were introduced I think what we got was very very fair to the rest of the league and that's why they agreed to it

Lewis Kerr topped the list of 23. Lewis Rose was 20th on the list of 23 riders. Seeing as the are 10 teams we got the best and worst from the top 20 so what really is the problem?????

First of all yet again the problem is with the rule not Kings Lynn that been explain 5 times .. by the way I don'tthink aces 51 is a Swindon fan. I think there is a clue in his name to what teams he follows .

Yet again the problem have been explained about 5 times is that the champions got the first pick (best rider ) in the draft the moment that happens the rule is a unfair joke ... also if the draft had been done fairly you would not have got Lewis Kerr ..it's not hard to follow the logic ,

Edited by orion

From a Diamonds point of view you have two of our riders [ regs not withstanding} who we signed prior to you and are now restricted from riding for us thanks to another ruling made purely to benefit the EL. I wish them both well, but wish that the effort shown by Swindon in helping Stevie W. make BOTH his prior commitments had been forthcoming from KL.

From a Diamonds point of view you have two of our riders [ regs not withstanding} who we signed prior to you and are now restricted from riding for us thanks to another ruling made purely to benefit the EL. I wish them both well, but wish that the effort shown by Swindon in helping Stevie W. make BOTH his prior commitments had been forthcoming from KL.

How do you know that it wasn't considered? There are four and a half hours between start times and according to Google Maps the journey takes two and three quarter hours without allowing for Bank Holiday traffic. Was never a realistic option to do both meetings IMO.

I agree, he has always looked like he's got something about him but I didn't envisage him doing so well so quickly. His gating and on track composure is excellent for one so inexperienced. Edited by Bagpuss

How can KL be a little club ? they own there stadium so in terms of money they can make that makes them a massive club ..People are pissed off with the rule not KL .Thou the KL fans we are all right jack attitude will no doubt not go down well .

I think we are all getting carried away here, and thread now reeks of jealousy of the standing of the Lynn Stars. The Elite league this year, 2014, Is not just about Draft riders, it is about survival. Draft riders were included to bring down the cost of promoting this sport. We as a club have been running a second team purely to give the young , new riders the opportunity to progress. This principal was to benefit Kings Lynn in the future when these riders improve to Elite status. The idea of all this was because the Stars were thinking of the future and for the good of the sport.

During this time Buster could have spent his money differently and wasted it, on top riders just to buy success that will evidently kills off the opposition and the sport. Nobody likes a 'Money' club . But Buster has done it right. Now you are saying, because the league are incorporating draft riders into each team, Buster has to lose the riders he has nourished over the years because other teams didn't think it was important. Talk about Sour grape.

I except Lynn are now in a fortunate position this year and have assembled a team capable of winning. So good luck to them, they have done it the right way. The crowds are coming back, the excitement of watching these young riders, the environment it creates, everything about it feels right.

Instead of pillaring the club and the fairness of the Draft system, aim your discontentment towards the BSPA and about the way they run our sport. How can clubs/people plan ahead when no-one knows what is happening next year. The 3 leagues cannot even work together on a draft system. Isn't it about time we had a structure in place for all the leagues to have a united front and promote the sport forward, when thinking ahead was of paramount importance.

Everyone would then know what the future held..

I have been reading this with interest may I just ask what all the clubs doing to bring on the next bunch of graded riders ? I don't see Swindon helping develop any new talent ? I also don't agree with what Kingslynn are doing this year with there young stars. not many are young assets and most have been around years. If all the clubs have agreed to bringing on young riders why are not all clubs doing this? They could all be running junior races after every meeting and helping bring talent on. Also Lewis Rose is very dedicated and will rise very quickly looks so smooth this year and not making the mistakes he was making last year. Might have something to do with building a mini speedway track in his garden that's dedication for you !!!

I have been reading this with interest may I just ask what all the clubs doing to bring on the next bunch of graded riders ? I don't see Swindon helping develop any new talent ? I also don't agree with what Kingslynn are doing this year with there young stars. not many are young assets and most have been around years. If all the clubs have agreed to bringing on young riders why are not all clubs doing this? They could all be running junior races after every meeting and helping bring talent on. Also Lewis Rose is very dedicated and will rise very quickly looks so smooth this year and not making the mistakes he was making last year. Might have something to do with building a mini speedway track in his garden that's dedication for you !!!

Must be some Garden.

I think people have a problem with the draft pick and not with Kings lynn.(look at the problem as a whole and not as a Lynn fan)The way things have gone with assets etc it is fair to King Lynn that they have got the riders that they have spent time and money on but not fair on the rest of the teams.By the so called fair draft pick rules is it fair that the league winners of last year who should have had last pick end up with who i m o is the best reserve in Newman ?

If you are going to call it a draft pick the only way it can be fair to all clubs is if all the riders in it are available to be picked by all the clubs.Next year will show how flawed the draft pick is as clubs including mine are already starting to buy young riders for the pick next year.

So this opens up the system to the money clubs winning again.Say rose has a great season and becomes the best rider in the pick next year what is stopping say Poole offering this rider a far better deal than Lynn can match and he leaves after the time and money lynn have put into him will you see the draft as being fair then(i know you could lose him to the draft any way but he would go to a team that needs to be strengthened and not to an already strong team that has the money to buy him).In a way this has already happened up until last year Garrity was a Belle vue asset and for what ever reason he wanted to leave and go to Rye house but i would think that they offered him a package that was more than Belle vue could or were not willing to match.All people are saying is that if every rider is in the draft it is fair for every club but the way things are going like all sports the system is flawed and is open for the money clubs to come out on top again.

I think people have a problem with the draft pick and not with Kings lynn.(look at the problem as a whole and not as a Lynn fan)The way things have gone with assets etc it is fair to King Lynn that they have got the riders that they have spent time and money on but not fair on the rest of the teams.By the so called fair draft pick rules is it fair that the league winners of last year who should have had last pick end up with who i m o is the best reserve in Newman ?

If you are going to call it a draft pick the only way it can be fair to all clubs is if all the riders in it are available to be picked by all the clubs.Next year will show how flawed the draft pick is as clubs including mine are already starting to buy young riders for the pick next year.

So this opens up the system to the money clubs winning again.Say rose has a great season and becomes the best rider in the pick next year what is stopping say Poole offering this rider a far better deal than Lynn can match and he leaves after the time and money lynn have put into him will you see the draft as being fair then(i know you could lose him to the draft any way but he would go to a team that needs to be strengthened and not to an already strong team that has the money to buy him).In a way this has already happened up until last year Garrity was a Belle vue asset and for what ever reason he wanted to leave and go to Rye house but i would think that they offered him a package that was more than Belle vue could or were not willing to match.All people are saying is that if every rider is in the draft it is fair for every club but the way things are going like all sports the system is flawed and is open for the money clubs to come out on top again.

Like I said in post No 90 I believe all the problem have to lay at the BSPA door. I understand the idea of a draft system, but long term it can never work for the reasons you outlined above. Firstly we need all the league teams to be working together, that's all the clubs from all three leagues. Forget the draft system, but implement a progression through the leagues system. eg, Each Elite team must field a British PL rider at 6 and a British NL rider at 7; Each PL must run British NL rider at 7.. There would be no need for a new League format and all CMA would have been representative of the riders ability.

There would be a continuality for both teams and riders, without losing the original concept we had.