British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ghostie

Chris Bomber Harris Performances

I think Harris wants to stick to league racing he is not cutting it in the GP and never will

I agree with that although he was World number 6 in 2010. Riders can all of a sudden find the right set up and be international class, look at Smolinski for example. Harris does have the talent but his set up hasnt been right for a few years now.

Also reading the speedway star I found it interesting that he was in the EL top 20 averages, boosted by bonus points though.

I agree with that although he was World number 6 in 2010. Riders can all of a sudden find the right set up and be international class, look at Smolinski for example. Harris does have the talent but his set up hasnt been right for a few years now.

Also reading the speedway star I found it interesting that he was in the EL top 20 averages, boosted by bonus points though.

Don't think Martin was as quick last night without his magic ignition button on his handlebars though.

What is all that about?.

• Like 1

Don't think Martin was as quick last night without his magic ignition button on his handlebars though.

What is all that about?.

I don't think it was used in NZ - I thought I heard them say he tried to use it for the first time in Poland. Also, he did well enough to make the semis - who'd have thought?!

I don't think it was used in NZ - I thought I heard them say he tried to use it for the first time in Poland. Also, he did well enough to make the semis - who'd have thought?!

From what I've read he was advised to disable/remove it in NZ which he did - to avoid any complaints/protests. His performances have NOT surprised me in the slightest (although I wasn't expecting the final win in NZ).

He's now level with Bunyan after 2 GP's.

• Like 3

Get off the blokes back you people who slag him off just come out every time he scores poorly .... Loved watching the bloke in the league last year yes wasn't brilliant but always rides hard and makes for a good spectacle. Is he good enough for gp ? Probably not but he's there so support him there's even people running woffy down now saying he's blown it and he's rubbish I find it staggering the criticism the british riders get....

And on the back of that people wonder why the wonder kid lambert doesn't want to ride for gb this thread explains maybe why he doesn't want to....

• Like 4

Though that is poss. an indication of the currant state of the Elite League in this country.

Guest GiveusaB

Chris is struggling and it's no surprise! But I cant wait for Cardiff and I'm glad I've got '3' riders to cheers for (wild card included) !

I love watching Bomber when he's on form in the EL, but he's had a succession of knowledgeable people 'helping' in his GP pitcrew - Norrie Allan, Rosco, Phil Morris and probably others - but something is clearly not working!!

Don't know what the answer is?!

• Like 2

I also dunno the answer but I hope he finds it soon it breaks my heart to see him failing to put in decent scores we all know what Chris is capable of, I for one support him in the GP's who would he is a brit of course.

• Like 2

The power generated by the engine is only one component of the bike setup. A rider who can get his whole bike set up well and make starts can win races on a standard engine from the manufacturer.

On a standard motor at GP level???

On a standard motor at GP level???

I think so yes and there are a whole host of reasons why. I remember once having a professional rider asking me what clutch springs and plates I used because my bike was so much faster off the start than theirs - had to tell them the springs were 5 years old and the plates standard Jawa that had been in all season. You should have seen the look on their face!

There is a lot of keeping up with the Joneses which doesn't necessarily mean you are any quicker on the track - the rider themselves make a huge difference. Again, examples in the past of top riders using someone else's bike and still winning, despite that bike being pretty much 'out of the box' and getting a lower BHP figure on the dyno.

Personally i cannot see the inclusion of Phil Morris into the Bomber camp has had any positive benefit whatsoever.

Get off the blokes back you people who slag him off just come out every time he scores poorly .... Loved watching the bloke in the league last year yes wasn't brilliant but always rides hard and makes for a good spectacle. Is he good enough for gp ? Probably not but he's there so support him there's even people running woffy down now saying he's blown it and he's rubbish I find it staggering the criticism the british riders get....

And on the back of that people wonder why the wonder kid lambert doesn't want to ride for gb this thread explains maybe why he doesn't want to....

At the end of the day your only as good as your last race like it or not.If comments on a forum some based on what fans are watching upsets a rider he is in the wrong sport IMO.He should show the fans what he is earning, then we know who has the last laugh.
  • Like 1