British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Birmingham V Poole Ela 23/4/14

It's a no win situation. I went to rye house on Sunday where it rained from start to finish. The meeting was run but the crowd was awful, with plenty of people giving it a miss due to the poor weather.

As the score is 0-0, can we just call it a draw and take the shared league points? Pleeeeeeeeeease.......!

• Like 1

Hopefully the Birmingham team will have strengthened or improved form by time its restaged to make it more competitive

They're still doing the 50/50 draw....£97 to the winner!!

194 tickets sold? Big attendance then ...

Well I looked at the forecast this morning and thought it too risky to make the trip and at 4 pm was watching a huge lump of rain move towards Brum on the radar, so I knew I had made the right call. Frustrating to the Poole fans that made the trip but it was never going to clear in time.

Heard the interviews on the radio and Brum are looking to strengthen. Good for them we don't need whipping boys in the league. Even the team finishing bottom needs to be competitive at home.

• Like 2

More like SteveBrum and Gavan ;)

I see your post was liked by Statler and Waldorf or any pair of Muppets. :t:

I bet Steve Brum won it!! Or wouldn't he have bought a ticket??!! :D

No idea why you feel a need to mock at someone who doesn't bet. Must be the Poole thing.

Birmingham Speedway is a joke right now. 2 new families i know of went along tonight for there first ever sighting of Speedway. A bit of rain before the meeting started and then light and consistent till it was announced at 7.40 that it was `too dangerous`. Get real!! Stopped raining at 8.30PM so track work could have been done. Surface water on track but no pools of water on the corners. They even watered the track knowing rain was due! AMATEURS. You don't deserve any new fans if this is how you treat them. LIVID!

• Like 1

.......stevebrum........Birmingham Speedway is a joke right now. 2 new families i know of went along tonight for there first ever sighting of Speedway. A bit of rain before the meeting started and then light and consistent till it was announced at 7.40 that it was `too dangerous`. Get real!! Stopped raining at 8.30PM so track work could have been done. Surface water on track but no pools of water on the corners. They even watered the track knowing rain was due! AMATEURS. You don't deserve any new fans if this is how you treat them. LIVID!

As I've said on Facebook I don't think the majority of fans would want to hang around waiting until the rain stopped at 8.30pm and then watch track work taking place in the hope the match could go ahead. Otherwise you make some good points - it was stupid to water the track beforehand.

Edited to put the quote in.

Edited by Gemini

My girlfriend who goes Birmingham University attended this meeting and she was very angry with the amatuer set up.

Rick Frost once gave cash refunds to Lakeside fans who had made the journey to EOES.

• Like 1

My girlfriend who goes Birmingham University attended this meeting and she was very angry with the amatuer set up.

Rick Frost once gave cash refunds to Lakeside fans who had made the journey to EOES.

Is this a Quiz Question ? ......................Which of these statements are TRUE ? ......Sorry there are NO PRIZES !!!!!

• Like 1

When KKB grows up, he wants to become a presenter on Jackanory. And kiddies, you can watch Jackanory through the Arched Window along with KKB's other cuddly toys!

• Like 2

KKB what is she studying, Psychology ?

The poor girl is Probably studying how to cope with Dissociative identity disorder (which was previously known as multiple personality disorder)

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 1

`. Get real!! Stopped raining at 8.30PM so track work could have been done.

Forget the 10pm curfew then.

• Like 1

No idea why you feel a need to mock at someone who doesn't bet. Must be the Poole thing.

Birmingham Speedway is a joke right now. 2 new families i know of went along tonight for there first ever sighting of Speedway. A bit of rain before the meeting started and then light and consistent till it was announced at 7.40 that it was `too dangerous`. Get real!! Stopped raining at 8.30PM so track work could have been done. Surface water on track but no pools of water on the corners. They even watered the track knowing rain was due! AMATEURS. You don't deserve any new fans if this is how you treat them. LIVID!

"Statler and Waldorf" ....Well that sure wins hands down instead of being known in your case as: Dumb & Dumber!

And talking of dumb, haven't you ever heard about the 10PM curfew at Perry barr......And then we have the unnecessary Insults towards the Brummie management, just because you was inconvenienced, which is rather blinkered and self-centred. :rolleyes:

Edited by Poole Quay 7
  • Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

I do feel for you and the 'new' would be fans!

But I was there and I'm so glad they didnt attempt to ride.......it would have been a complete farce !

Not sure if you've seen a meeting on a waterlogged track? but it would have been very processional and you're newcomers would have been bored stiff!

I know in the old days they'd have put sawdust down, put overalls over their leathers and battled it out, but the modern engines are probably far too advanced to stand a chance of doing that now!?

The track was in no way raceable at 7.45pm, so to expect them to start at 8.30pm after yet 45 mins more rain ? was never going to happen !

I'm just glad they didnt try and rip us off by racing the minimum heats etc.....So well done to the management for that IMO!