British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh (lc) 20/4/13 @ 3pm

Sad to heat Iris

Yes there was an internet fan campaign to raise money for him and from hearing(only part) of his interview yesterday it seemed someone stepped in with financial help to save his career.

Get grieves back in... he was solid as a rock

My favourite tiger...

Along with les collins and trent leverington

• Like 1

Yes there was an internet fan campaign to raise money for him and from hearing(only part) of his interview yesterday it seemed someone stepped in with financial help to save his career.

I wasnt there on Friday , but apparently he was superb at Armadale on Friday . Which makes today's lamentable performance all the more puzzling

If Richard Lawson was riding, No way Cook would have scored 14.

If Charlie Monk, Ove Fundin and Barry Brigg were riding King Kenny (Kenni?) Bjerre wouldn't have been born. :t::cheers:

• Like 1

I wasnt there on Friday , but apparently he was superb at Armadale on Friday . Which makes today's lamentable performance all the more puzzling

He was incredible on Friday.

Heat 1 he was only 0.5 outside Cook's track record for the new measurements and that was on a wet track.

In one of his latter heats heats whilst leading he flew into bend 1 / 2 so fast he almost overcooked it, but controlled it and got back on track. There was none of this trailing in at the back business, he was on the pace and trying in every heat. Even heat 15 when last he kept in touch. See for yourself - EM:TV on Monarchs website for heats 13 and 15.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Maybe low on confidence?

Maybe low on confidence?

Far from it on Friday. See previously mentioned EM:TV

Maybe, no likey Ashfield?

Edited by george.m

Maybe, no likely Ashfield?

These enigmatic riders are the bane of us speedway fans' lives.

• Like 1

Maybe, no likely Ashfield?

Hes had good meetings there in the past and im sure he said after his first time there he loved the shape. Guess its changed a little now with more banking

Hes had good meetings there in the past and im sure he said after his first time there he loved the shape. Guess its changed a little now with more banking

The bulk of the banking is long gone. Confidence/machinery issue or both.

Track wasn't that slick , he just didn't look interested

track was mate absolutely bare bends 1 and 2 a bit on 3 and 4 not decent track prep for a team of guys who arent best gaters but love dirt and can pass when its there....if you get what I mean. Wheres the dirt? track needed to be heavy to start with to produce some dirt...I would have soaked the f##k out the track to be fair

Is Doc still involved with the track or is it Stewart on his own now?

A few post meeting practice laps (including Wolbert - tells us what we need to know) here courtesy/credit of original poster on Facebook.

Also a few heats, including Dimitri TR in heat 8.

In all the post meeting emotion today, I'd forgotten to mention what a great prospect he looks.

Also, forgot to say ...

All due respect to the Monarchs .... they really do look a good side, fully deserved their win and fair dues to the promotion for the team assembled.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/172700049508814/?ref=ts

Hope posting this link doesn't break any forum rules .... not sure!

Edited by george.m

Is Doc still involved with the track or is it Stewart on his own now?

Given the amount of time Stewart spent driving the tractor yesterday , it would appear he's on his own .