British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

King's Lynn V Wolverhampton (23/04/14)

Fair comment , but Worrall had looked quicker from the gate all night. In heat 5 led Kenny B and NKI from gate. Most around me had him penciled in for heat 12.

Wolves fans you can be well proud of your boys tonight. They put on a great show and were dead unlucky not to have got at least a point.

Puks ride in heat and Lamberts in 14 really were something else. Worth the entrance money alone is a well worn out phrase, but boy were both heats deserving of that comment. Lynn 6 points behind at heat 10 did well to turn it over by 14 points.

wow s that the worst decision by a manager ive ever seen.

Unless Tai was injured or blown up all his bikes why was he not in heat 15?

Only rider to beat Iversen. Unbeaten in first 2. Tried to team ride Wells home and got caught on the line in a close race. Then a retirement.

Surely you put the world champ in a crunch race????

To be honest I called Thorssell ahead of Tai.I know it took until the last bend but when Schlein went by him it was like he was standing still.And heat 13 he wasn't in it,it looked like he just give up in the end on the back straight of the last lap.

So i'll give Adams his due for that.But I probably would have given Worrall another ride,his gating was superb pretty much all night.

In the end Lynn just clicked at the right time and managed to get all 3 points,which was probably a bit harsh on Wolves.

Well pleased with that result. Wolves were really unlucky not to get at least a point. Not sure where I'd have used Worrall again tbh, all the Wolves riders were gating at one point or other and even if he was gating he wasn't always fast enough to hold the points. Also not sure of Pawlicki's partner in heat 15, none of the others were really gonna come up against NKI and Kenny. Woffy certainly wouldn't have been a good choice, he just moved over and let NKI pass him up the inside going into bend 1 in heat 13 without even putting up a fight...summat ain't right with the lad, maybe his injuries are still affecting him more than he's letting on? Pawlicki's silencer coming adrift a the start of an earlier heat probably cost Wolves at least a losing point in the end.

Thought we might lose tonight during the meeting, but we turned it round and heats 13, 14, 15 were a cracking finish

Kings Lynn making hard work of a very mediocre Wolves team. Certainly don't look the stand out team to me.

But by the sounds of it an entertaining meeting which is all the fans can ask for.

As for Tai, it looks like something is seriously wrong. Using last years gear is not very good for starters. But he seems all over the place. Last night he was rubbish, and tonight again failed to deliver. Don't hold much hope of him doing anything in Saturdays GP. Hope I am wrong there.

Awesome match tonight, best of the season so far imo with plenty of passing and close racing. We certainly left it late to get the 3pt win but those last 3 heats were very special indeed, with Niels twice coming from last around the boards and Robert showing class above his age to do the same. Having said that all the top 5 had their moments and of course Kenneth was virtually untouchable. Lynn were very fortunate that he suffered no ills from the alarming fall in his first ride. The reserves too did their job and surely would've scored more but for good choice of guest Worrall.

Wolves were certainly sharper from the gate for most of the match but thankfully the track was perfect for Lynn to come from behind.

Phew!

• Like 1

It was perfect for the last five heats once Buster had ripped it up a bit and watered it, too dry and slick early on. Always likely that the Lynn boys would be caught out early on as the track was so different to last week, a big pile of material on the centre grey presumably having been removed from the track with rain forecast.

Racing average early on but after the interval it was top drawer, Lambert's heat fourteen effort being the pick. As Haza says this team has nowhere near peaked yet, let's hope we can keep everyone fresh and come collectively good for the Play Offs.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn making hard work of a very mediocre Wolves team. Certainly don't look the stand out team to me.

Lol?? Why don't you wait till Wolves have visited Poole before commenting? Any team is going to struggle against a side full of fast trappers like Wolves were tonight!

• Like 3

Superb meeting tonight! Them last 5 heats were brilliant, 13 and 14 were outstanding! Boy if young lambert can do that at only 16, with the right guidance and progression he will be something special! Though Bjerre was faultless and NKI is usually dynamic self. Wolves put up a good fight and the 2 young reserves looked good.

Woffy was disappointing by high standards. Personally think it's time he starting to look after himself and get his head down. The amount of promotion and media the boy has done has been fantastic for British speedway but it's time he got himself back to his best, which i have no doubt he will do!

Back with the reserves, I know it's early days but them 4 boys tonight certainly didn't look out of place. If you had been asleep for the past 8 months and didn't realise about the draft system you wouldn't of known any different. Really hope this continues to impress.

Finally a word for buster and his boys, who put on an outstanding racing surface as always, you can tell the guys were all confident chucking it into the corners, knowing full well there was a perfect line to ride on. Made for a cracking meeting.

Who said British speedway was dead ey?!?!

• Like 3

Had to smile at this....

[From Wolves report on British Speedway Official Website]

"Parrys International Wolves boss Peter Adams said: “Piotr Pawlicki was struck by Kenneth Bjerre, then lost an exhaust in another race...."

He obviously failed to notice that it was Pawlicki who locked up in front causing Bjerre to clip him and fall for which PP was rightly excluded??

And Pawlicki's silencer coming adrift is surely the mechanic's fault??

I smell sour grapes..... but I will concede that when Tai sorts himself out Wolves will be an even greater danger.

Interested in what you're angling at with the Worrall comment Scream???

Remove the last reserve race Morris offered nothing to Wolves whereas Worrall won his first, proved more than capable with superb gating against our 2 heat leaders in the next, then won the next one. Was showing terrific speed. Morris's win in heat 9 clouded Adams judgement of what went on within the meeting as a whole. With Worrall in heat 12 I'm sure a point or more would have been there for Wolves taking.

You would have to of been there to see the contrast between the two rider's and I have no idea what Peter Adams was watching.

Taking out / not using Woffy in heat 15 was the right call. I and Wolverhampton fans should be too, am concerned that Woffy is already suffering from burnout. The season's barely started and he just looks tired. All the racing + commercial pressures look to be taking there toll I fear

Yet another poor display from Woffy ..really poor for a World Champion ..should just stick to the GP'S Where his best bikes are .

Were they in New Zealand then? Must have missed that one. :icon_smile_clown:

Mediocre teams don't win 3 meetings on the bounce.

Now if Poole get nothing in Norfolk my point will stand.

Worry about your own issues of being as good as Kings Lynn. You aren't.

Great performance again from the boys with YET AGAIN Tai letting us down. It is a good job for the rest of the teams that Woffy is well under scoring and we can still take take the best team in the EL to a last heat decider.

Said i was confident of a top 4 place at the start of the year and once Tai gets sorted most teams will see us as the threat we are.

Underdogs right now despite no points out of the meeting but an incredible performance all the same.

Kings Lynn making hard work of a very mediocre Wolves team. Certainly don't look the stand out team to me.But by the sounds of it an entertaining meeting which is all the fans can ask for.As for Tai, it looks like something is seriously wrong. Using last years gear is not very good for starters. But he seems all over the place. Last night he was rubbish, and tonight again failed to deliver. Don't hold much hope of him doing anything in Saturdays GP. Hope I am wrong there.

wait until you ride Wolves and see how you get on before commenting. The difference is Lynn is a proper racetrack riders aren't afraid to race and its fair to all unlike the potato field at your place.

Iversen and Bjerre won't get near Ward and Magic for the Pirates, Darcy's in a different league and Magic on his day is as good as anyone.

lol your are a numpty of the highest order. Iversen is a match for Ward as proved in the elite league averages and the gp's last year. Bjerre is riding well at the moment and had a good first gp. How is Magic doing in them? Janowski is good at home not away. And is also a gating tart. Of course Poole could beat Lynn but over 2 meetings Lynn would be favourites. Wolves could still be a threat. We saw last year if a team makes changes what could happen. Tai and Ty's averages drop and a good replacement comes in and they have 3 strong heat leaders backed up by Wells and Thorsell.

Shovvy Is right, Lynn are no match for Poole. I think it would be an honour for a small club in a tiny backwater of rural Norfolk to even be competing in the same League as the Mighty Pirates. As for meeting them in the play-off final. OMG By chance to dream. That would be the greatest honour we could have in Speedway circles. I can see it now. Open top Bus, Civic Reception. Buster being given the Freedom of the Borough and being able to graze his sheep On The Walks. All for just being allowed to ride against the Mighty Poole.

General Knowledge question. Whats the connection between Shovvy and a Chef who keeps dropping his pancakes ?

and if a Rhino was as big as a Whale could it beat it ? :wink::D

Edited by semion
  • Like 4

Looking at our first 3 home matches before the season, It looked like a tough start. Lakeside, Belle Vue and Wolverhampton will all be in the play off mix at the end of the season IMO so to take 3 points again last night was a great performance from the riders and management. Not seen a team consistently out gate us at home like Wolves did to begin with last night for a very long time....yet we still ground out the win. Fantastic!

Another decent crowd too, it's almost like if you get a team with a mixture of top top riders and young/local riders, racing on a brilliantly prepared race track, you get entertaining racing which attracts more spectators - WHO KNEW?!?!