British Speedway Forum
boz

Redcar Bears V Somerset Rebels - 1/5 - Pl

I think you will find that if Konopka just knocks in the scores he is doing at the moment, he won't be going anywhere else. :wink:

i would love to think this is true - there seems room for improvement whereas we have some riders who have reached their level and will go no further

does anyone know if it is possible and how it could happen?

Apparently not once the team has been declared, it seems. That was the reason given tonight.

Im not sure that is correct,Lewis Rose wasnt declared at Scunny last week but re entered when rained off at Newcastle

Quite rightly so to,he is their rider so if available should be able to ride for them

• Like 1

From what I can gather Nick attempted to get back into this meeting, but his request was rejected (by Brian HavelockI believe). Pretty poor whatever reason is given.

Your right,he is a member of the the Team and if he is available should be able to take his place.We have riders coming to meetings from abroad who MIGHT not make it but are declared in case they do.Cheating the paying public IMO Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

I think, (could be wrong), once the team is declared, it would be up to the discression of the opposing management to allow a change!!

From 2014 Rulebook:

TEAM NOTIFICATIONS

16.4.1 The Home Team must notify their Opponents of the Team Line-Up at least 5 days before the Meeting to which the Away Team must respond within 24 hours with their Team Line-Up. All notifications must be in writing, include the MA’s and if a Facility is being used, the reason for the Facility being used must be made known.

16.4.2 At least 3 days before the Meeting, the Home Promotion must log the declared (inc. NJL/MDL) Teams at the nominated SCB Website, including each Riders MA, details of all Riders missing from a Teams’s current Declaration, including the full reason for absence and the Facility being used including name and MA of any Guest Rider.

16.4.3 Further necessary changes must be notified, with reasons given, to the nominated SCB Website, Opponents, BSPA Office & Referee as soon as they are known.

From 2014 Rulebook:

TEAM NOTIFICATIONS

16.4.1 The Home Team must notify their Opponents of the Team Line-Up at least 5 days before the Meeting to which the Away Team must respond within 24 hours with their Team Line-Up. All notifications must be in writing, include the MA’s and if a Facility is being used, the reason for the Facility being used must be made known.

16.4.2 At least 3 days before the Meeting, the Home Promotion must log the declared (inc. NJL/MDL) Teams at the nominated SCB Website, including each Riders MA, details of all Riders missing from a Teams’s current Declaration, including the full reason for absence and the Facility being used including name and MA of any Guest Rider.

16.4.3 Further necessary changes must be notified, with reasons given, to the nominated SCB Website, Opponents, BSPA Office & Referee as soon as they are known.

I note the "further necessary changes must be notified" but no requirement to seek permission from the officials named. Morris should have been riding last night.

I note the "further necessary changes must be notified" but no requirement to seek permission from the officials named. Morris should have been riding last night.

If it's correct that Brian Havelock refused thats disgraceful, surely better have the full team instead of a guest, perhaps he thought if Morris rides Somerset would in all probability taken all 3 points,

could only happen in Speedway

That is what most people would interpretate the rule..Riders making a late decision coming back from injury always seem to be able to ride under this rule IMO.Typical speedway decision the sport just keeps shooting itself in the foot with its rule book .What makes it more ludicrous is that Somerset were allowed a guest up to Nicks average so on paper it should have made no difference to the Teams.I am quite sure the fans would be able to write in the programme change Edited by Fromafar

This one should definitely, go to a last heat decider. Just wonder if Nick Morris comes back into the mix. Now that Swindon is off. That would give the Rebs, even more edge.

Please can you tell me the lottery numbers for tonight!

Reading the match report on the Rebels Website. No mention at all about Morris.

Take it from that, that Garry May and the Somerset Promotion have no gripes.

Reading the match report on the Rebels Website. No mention at all about Morris.

Take it from that, that Garry May and the Somerset Promotion have no gripes.

Rarely do regardless of the result, what`s getting to be a pain is this heat 15 business , points lost against P/Boro (twice), Scunny and now Redcar through getting stuffed at this time. To add insult to injury they were all 1-5`s aswell.

Yeah, don't recall Hall. Simple.

Doesn't Hall have a Contract? If so - Contracts work both ways. You can't just opt out of a Contract whenever you want - or can you? This IS Speedway after all.

I don't know wether anybody noticed, but Ty Proctor, didn't have any EL commitments, last night. Oops! sorry Somerset sacked him.

Doesn't Hall have a Contract? If so - Contracts work both ways. You can't just opt out of a Contract whenever you want - or can you? This IS Speedway after all.

Your point being? Didn't David Moyes have a 6 year contract at Man Utd?

Didn't Roynon have a contract at Sheffield?

People can be sacked at any point. Not wanting to get into the rights and wrongs of Halls actions at Scunny again but if they wanted to release him from his contract i think they have a damn good reason to!

• Like 1