British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Adam Roynon Dropped By Sheffield

I get what you are saying guys but if Sheffield go through by 1 or 2 points I think you might find that Berwick feel they have been penalised although you can never say what an NL rider would have scored.

To be honest, I was just trying to be logical about it as I read it as 'poor Sheffield being treated badly' which was probably a misinterpretation!

Some fair comments, and in a way very difficult to argue with, the one thing could be said is that the Sheffield Promotional team is new to the game and I would say a little naive at the moment.

But the Management Committee, are experienced Promoters and should now the rule book inside and out, so why have they allowed it to happen?

But while the BSPA refuse to allow an independent Governing Body to run and set the rules for the sport I think we see these sort of situations happen over and over again.

• Like 6

Some fair comments, and in a way very difficult to argue with, the one thing could be said is that the Sheffield Promotional team is new to the game and I would say a little naive at the moment.

But the Management Committee, are experienced Promoters and should now the rule book inside and out, so why have they allowed it to happen?

But while the BSPA refuse to allow an independent Governing Body to run and set the rules for the sport I think we see these sort of situations happen over and over again.

While I take on board that the Sheffield promotion are still “Wet behind the ears “as new promoters they should have a mentoring promoter to guide them through the rules & regulations of promoting a speedway club and staying within the rules.

Berwick should place a complaint on file now & not wait for the return leg the illegal granting RR for Ty Proctor as he hadn’t ridden for the club or for Adam Roynon who was sacked by the club, this is a matter of principal that the rules are adhered too not to see if the aggregate score requires a complaint

I think that the Speedway public deserve a statement from the BSPA explaining their actions in this charade

Edited by starshooter

While I take on board that the Sheffield promotion are still “Wet behind the ears “as new promoters they should have a mentoring promoter to guide them through the rules & regulations of promoting a speedway club and staying within the rules.

Berwick should place a complaint on file now & not wait for the return leg the illegal granting RR for Ty Proctor as he hadn’t ridden for the club or for Adam Roynon who was sacked by the club, this is a matter of principal that the rules are adhered too not to see if the aggregate score requires a complaint

I think that the Speedway public deserve a statement from the BSPA explaining their actions in this charade

That is fair enough, but the fact remains Sheffield were given permission by the BSPA, surely the BSPA should have if the team was illegal refuse permission to Sheffield to use Rider Replacement.

I don't have a problem with people saying the Sheffield was not legal, the question for me is why, how did the powers that be not only give Sheffield permission to track what appears to an illegal team, but then tell them to track another illegal team.

People seem quick to blame the Sheffield Promotion, but for me the BSPA Management Committee, has more to answer to.

• Like 4

That is fair enough, but the fact remains Sheffield were given permission by the BSPA, surely the BSPA should have if the team was illegal refuse permission to Sheffield to use Rider Replacement.

I don't have a problem with people saying the Sheffield was not legal, the question for me is why, how did the powers that be not only give Sheffield permission to track what appears to an illegal team, but then tell them to track another illegal team.

People seem quick to blame the Sheffield Promotion, but for me the BSPA Management Committee, has more to answer to.

The way I see it (and may be wrong) is that for whatever reason the Ty proctor inclusion into Tigers team has not been approved in time for Thursday and Saturday past? So when that happens the original line up inc Roynon, dropped or not dropped, comes back into play. So if he not riding a facility could be granted. There was no way a facility could be granted to Proctor, surely.

Surely roynan is not to blame for this debacle and in no way should he be penalised if he gets fixed up elsewhere

The way I see it (and may be wrong) is that for whatever reason the Ty proctor inclusion into Tigers team has not been approved in time for Thursday and Saturday past? So when that happens the original line up inc Roynon, dropped or not dropped, comes back into play. So if he not riding a facility could be granted. There was no way a facility could be granted to Proctor, surely.

Ithink the rain -off on Thursday caused the problem for Procter because the rules state you cannot use R/r for a rider who has not ridden for the club ,which was the case with Procter.Why they got R/r for Roynon after sacking him is the mysteryIMO

Was Ty Proctor EVER approved in a re-declared Sheffield 1-7? We know they trumpeted in the papers he was, and told Berwick he was in their line up on Thursday and would be covered by r/r on Saturday. But was the new 1-7 ever approved by BSPA? Did Sheffield maybe forget something in their excitement about making, and announcing, the deal?

Perhaps a need for a different kind of visa, or something?

The BSPA would picked up on what was going on when Berwick (presumably) pointed out on Saturday morning the rule about no facility being available for a rider who has never raced for a club. The BSPA then realised Sheffield's "old" 1-7 was still valid and presumably offered a sop to the Tigers by ruling that r/r could be used for Roynon, who will hopefully be spared the usual 28-day ban in view of the circumstances.

At that point the authorities would have immediately told the Sheffield promotion/ownership, along with the referee and Berwick promotion/ownership what was to happen. Around lunchtime on Saturday?

Amazingly, the Sheffield ownership/promotion then failed to inform either of their two team managers of this, who then turned up at Berwick expecting to be using a facility for Proctor! How very embarrassing.

One feels that a certain Mr Hoggart just might be smiling into his Ovaltine tonight.

Edited by smod
  • Like 1

Was Ty Proctor EVER approved in a re-declared Sheffield 1-7? We know they trumpeted in the papers he was, and told Berwick he was in their line up on Thursday and would be covered by r/r on Saturday. But was the new 1-7 ever approved by BSPA? Did Sheffield maybe forget something in their excitement about making, and announcing, the deal?

Perhaps a need for a different kind of visa, or something?

The BSPA would picked up on what was going on when Berwick (presumably) pointed out on Saturday morning the rule about no facility being available for a rider who has never raced for a club. The BSPA then realised Sheffield's "old" 1-7 was still valid and presumably offered a sop to the Tigers by ruling that r/r could be used for Roynon, who will hopefully be spared the usual 28-day ban in view of the circumstances.

At that point the authorities would have immediately told the Sheffield promotion/ownership, along with the referee and Berwick promotion/ownership what was to happen. Around lunchtime on Saturday?

Amazingly, the Sheffield ownership/promotion then failed to inform either of their two team managers of this, who then turned up at Berwick expecting to be using a facility for Proctor! How very embarrassing.

One feels that a certain Mr Hoggart just might be smiling into his Ovaltine tonight.

This reads like an "I know something you don't" post ???????

• Like 1

Who knows... Put it to bed! Meaningless KOC anyway..

Not possible, because this has ramifications for the whole sport. The "Management Committee" seems to be able to ignore it's own regulations, which means any aspect of those regulations suddenly become irrelevant. These people don't care about their own sport or the fans, or the impact their actions have.

• Like 8

Not possible, because this has ramifications for the whole sport. The "Management Committee" seems to be able to ignore it's own regulations, which means any aspect of those regulations suddenly become irrelevant. These people don't care about their own sport or the fans, or the impact their actions have.

I don't think it is the case that the BSPA don't care, just that they were backed into a corner when Sheffield announced their changes to the world before they were maybe rubber-stamped.

In the end, with the old 1-7 in force, they BSPA allowed r/r for Roynon, who was not surprisingly unavailable. Hopefully he won't pick up any suspension.

Next thing is, what will Sheffield's team be on Thursday?

I wholeheartedly agree with your point that there must be a strict adherence to the regulations, and there must never be rule-bending by the Management Committee to solve one problem when it opens the door for a hundred more problems down the line.

• Like 1

Funny how Local Boy disappears and Smod appears spouting the same stuff. Yaaaaaaawn!