British Speedway Forum
CardinalSin

Ipswich Vs Newcastle Monday May 5th 2.30pm

Neither team seemed they wanted to win! 4 points from Worrall is shocking as was refs decesion in heat 15, but hey ho. Think a lot of teams will be wanting to ride on bank holidays at Foxhall in future!

So it was a draw :P

Anton would have score more than 5 as well and Schramm wouldn't have scored 0

Schrammy has muscle and tissue damage, and has also took the skin off his arse cheek....painful!! Get well soon to both lads hurt today.

• Like 5

So that was my first team match of the season & not a great performance really we were so slow out of the starts but Gino looks good I can't say too much else on the team as I have not seems them ride as a unit before today.

The track looks so slick at the moment & the blue grove was in attendance on the inside. From where I was sitting you could hear the bikes spinning up on the inside line so losing traction but no one seemed to want to head to the outside.

Was the crowd really bumper? it seemed sparse for a bank holiday lots of gaps in the home straight & first/second bend.

It's deceptive now Cookie, as several people sit in the stands, making the terracing look emptier.

Does anyone know how many more meetings we have to have without Adam? Costing us dearly him being missing so much. Pity he couldn't have done both meetings today really.

Sorry editted to add

Glad to hear Schrammy not as bad as feared, and thanks to Tom Perry for guesting, and wish him a speedy recovery.

Edited by Badge

Gutted, but well done all 5 of them.... This team are up and down like yoyos lol.

Did Lewi has bike probs in heat 15??

No.

A decent meeting today that hotted up as the match wore on. Well done to the Ipswich promotion in booking two ambulances, which enabled both incidents to be sorted with minimal delays. Get well soon to both riders

• Like 1

A decent meeting today that hotted up as the match wore on. Well done to the Ipswich promotion in booking two ambulances, which enabled both incidents to be sorted with minimal delays. Get well soon to both riders

We are very fortunate at Ipswich we always have 2 ambulances, and tbh we normally have 2/3 paramedics, however we only had 1 today, but Jason is brilliant.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how many more meetings we have to have without Adam? Costing us dearly him being missing so much. Pity he couldn't have done both meetings today really.

What has cost us more is allowing Ritchie Hawkins to gain an average a fraction over Adam Ellis' so that a NL guest is the only option.

Is it me? ........or does Worrall look slow?

Maybe only one of the twins can be fast at any one time ! Steve is going great guns at the moment.

Is it me? ........or does Worrall look slow?

He'll come good.

Being only at Newcastle he kind of became a one track rider but don't worry he will soon develop a liking for Ipswich week in week out.

Very good result there for Newky especially down to five riders so early on, should draw some heart outta that, tough place to get a result from Ippo? ;)

• Like 1

Very good result there for Newky especially down to five riders so early on, should draw some heart outta that, tough place to get a result from Ippo? ;)

Can I ask why you call Newcastle Newky, just curious?

Glad to see we are not the only promotion to think of both rider safety-in the first instance-and spectator satisfaction.

He'll come good.

Being only at Newcastle he kind of became a one track rider but don't worry he will soon develop a liking for Ipswich week in week out.

Got to say, as I said already on some thread, had Richie doing a number on us. Relieved he had an off day, but to Witches fans-stay with him cos he IS s..t hot.

Looking at this weekend I thought two points would have been realistic knowing we lacked Anton's services. Mind you, a two point homer and a loss at Foxhall was in my thoughts. Predict this bank holiday anybody?

• Like 1