British Speedway Forum
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Mildenhall Nl 5/5/14

Jack Kingston has come on a lot since last year - looks smooth, fast and stylish, not as impetuous as last year. Will find out just how good he is when he's up against Ben.

Should be a cracking race!

... if we ever get to it!

• Like 1

Mildenhall have ridden 4 meetings now and I make their averages:

Jacobs 8.71*

Bates 7.49*

Halsey 7.43*

Coles 6.54

Mountain 5.75

Kingston 5.56

Johnson 4.84*

* Jacobs, Bates, Halsey and Johnson haven't ridden 4 meetings yet.

How did Kent win that farce of a meeting ?

We left before the re-run of Heat 11.

If ever a meeting was a advert for driving away what few fans are left - this was it.

I know you get spills etc in this League - but this was something else.

Riders were having trouble just staying on the bike to get a point etc.

We was near the pits and it seemed just chaos - nobody seemed to know what was going on.

It is bad enough with both teams having R/R - but this was just ridiculous !!!!!

Very poor advert for Speedway. :mad:

• Like 3

People who leave meetings, amazing. There were 15 year olds out there. Some were of course more experienced but for gods sake. If you want elite speedway then don't go to NL speedway.

Edited by Dave Stummings
  • Like 2

People who leave meetings, amazing. There were 15 year olds out there. Some were of course more experienced but for gods sake. If you want elite speedway then don't go to NL speedway.

All the more reason to have a half decent track surface, surely?

• Like 2

Was you at the meeting ?

After 2 hours and only at Heat 11 - we had enough - AND OTHERS WERE LEAVING AS WELL.

You could be right about Elite - as most are run much better than today.

I will say again - Meetings like today will drive people away.

• Like 2

Left after ht7, 4:20, (10mins+ /ht) to get to Coventry v Lakeside - was hoping to see a few more heats. Unfortunately a few too many crashes, hope Daniel Halsey's OK, so unlucky in his first 2 heats.

Hope Simon Lambert gets to Swindon on time...

• Like 1

Today was a disgrace in more ways than one. Jack Kingston came right though the fence in front of me missing the airfence by two panels. He was clearly very shocked and battered. He was down for a very long time but no ambulance on track. Eventually he was prompted to get to his feet which looked like a terrible decision as he was so unsteady and ashen faced. Almost immediately he collapsed. About another fifteen minutes passed still no ambulance on track and they picked Jack up again he still looked awful and by now was being administered oxygen, he was made to stagger the length of the back straight and into the pits being supported and still on oxygen. At the pit gate Len Silver was ranting as he explained on the phone to Roger Cearns that the Ambulance staff would not take the Ambulance onto the track as the entry over the dog track was unsafe for their vehicle. Apparently damage to the underside of the ambulance had taken place before. Silver wanted to know why the Ambulance staff didn't take a stretcher out and also asked for keys to unlock the access gate on bend two which would provide access for the ambulance onto the dog track but this never happened. Robert Henry was unhappy that racing would continue if the Ambulance could not get to the track, inexplicably the meeting continued with total disregard to rider safety.

The track was awful with so many incidents and an experienced rider like Danny Halsey having two big incidents when all alone. Major concerns from Len Silver that they wouldn't beat the six oclock curfew almost prove correct. I don't pay money to watch racing on such a poor track with the riders safety seriously being put in jeopardy. I don't blame anyone who walked out

Frankly the referee who presided over this debacle should also be ashamed of herself. One final thing who was the moron who chose to dump water on the track while Jack Kingston was being treated causing consternation from other track staff that led to a row amongst themselves

What a poor advert for speedway this was.

• Like 4

Today was a disgrace in more ways than one. Jack Kingston came right though the fence in front of me missing the airfence by two panels. He was clearly very shocked and battered. He was down for a very long time but no ambulance on track. Eventually he was prompted to get to his feet which looked like a terrible decision as he was so unsteady and ashen faced. Almost immediately he collapsed. About another fifteen minutes passed still no ambulance on track and they picked Jack up again he still looked awful and by now was being administered oxygen, he was made to stagger the length of the back straight and into the pits being supported and still on oxygen. At the pit gate Len Silver was ranting as he explained on the phone to Roger Cearns that the Ambulance staff would not take the Ambulance onto the track as the entry over the dog track was unsafe for their vehicle. Apparently damage to the underside of the ambulance had taken place before. Silver wanted to know why the Ambulance staff didn't take a stretcher out and also asked for keys to unlock the access gate on bend two which would provide access for the ambulance onto the dog track but this never happened. Robert Henry was unhappy that racing would continue if the Ambulance could not get to the track, inexplicably the meeting continued with total disregard to rider safety.

The track was awful with so many incidents and an experienced rider like Danny Halsey having two big incidents when all alone. Major concerns from Len Silver that they wouldn't beat the six oclock curfew almost prove correct. I don't pay money to watch racing on such a poor track with the riders safety seriously being put in jeopardy. I don't blame anyone who walked out

Frankly the referee who presided over this debacle should also be ashamed of herself. One final thing who was the moron who chose to dump water on the track while Jack Kingston was being treated causing consternation from other track staff that led to a row amongst themselves

Well said.

This meeting and things that went on was a disgrace.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but that is just about bang on.

• Like 1

Agree as well - big shot in th foot today for the Kings!

no doubt parsloes 1928 nearly will be on here to explain everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Have to concur with most of the comments on here , the track was patchy and rutted up quite quickly, and was marbally on the outside and with the number of young tearaway riders on the card it was easy to predict the outcome of the many crashes.... It all played into the hands of kents two smooth riders Ben Morley 15 point max and David Mason a very solid 14+1 from 6 rides..Both teams were weakened,,Mildenhall without Jacobs and Bates at the top end and Kings being without Benji Compton (wrist) and Brandon Freemantle( concussion).... ,It was going Mildenhall,s way and they looked likely winners early on,, Untill Ben and David pulled out all the stops to see the Kings home to 48-40 victory claiming all the points... Of the other Kings Simon Lambert looked really uncomfortable with the track conditions ,,we did not see much of Luke Chessle after his fall ( withdrawn from the meeting ) both the reserves, Luke and Danny did ok in conditions that were difficult for them,..,The meeting did drag on with the ongoing problems and i do hope the Kings will not lose support from the normally brilliant fan base,,I know quite a few left well before the end ,,In my honest opinion the track needs further considerable investment to become a good racing surface... But that would be difficult to achieve during the racing season.

Agree completely.

Hope none of the riders who had crashes are too seriously hurt.

No ambulance coming onto the track for Jack was beyond a joke.

Kent has the potential to be a top place for speedway.The stadium in general is fantastic.The track is the complete opposite.I don't think I could stand watching speedway there if its like that every week.Have only been twice and both have been poor meetings and track.

Need to get it sorted before people do lose interest.

Have to concur with most of the comments on here , the track was patchy and rutted up quite quickly, and was marbally on the outside and with the number of young tearaway riders on the card it was easy to predict the outcome of the many crashes.... It all played into the hands of kents two smooth riders Ben Morley 15 point max and David Mason a very solid 14+1 from 6 rides..Both teams were weakened,,Mildenhall without Jacobs and Bates at the top end and Kings being without Benji Compton (wrist) and Brandon Freemantle( concussion).... ,It was going Mildenhall,s way and they looked likely winners early on,, Untill Ben and David pulled out all the stops to see the Kings home to 48-40 victory claiming all the points... Of the other Kings Simon Lambert looked really uncomfortable with the track conditions ,,we did not see much of Luke Chessle after his fall ( withdrawn from the meeting ) both the reserves, Luke and Danny did ok in conditions that were difficult for them,..,The meeting did drag on with the ongoing problems and i do hope the Kings will not lose support from the normally brilliant fan base,,I know quite a few left well before the end ,,In my honest opinion the track needs further considerable investment to become a good racing surface... But that would be difficult to achieve during the racing season.

the track should have been sorted out during the winter months. I thought it looked really poor for the king's Lynn meeting, this helped me decide to go to Ipswich today instead. If thing's don't improve at Central Park, I will have to consider cutting down on the amount of meetings I attend there.

There's still some improvements to be made at Kent - hopefully the rest of the meetings this season will run a bit smoother and the track will hold up a bit better.

As I mentioned earlier, I was very impressed with Coles and Kingston - if only Jack's work commitments hadn't kept him out of our team this season! Ben looked awesome today, his experience in the EL is obviously making a difference. Well done to David Mason too!

• Like 1