British Speedway Forum

The SWC isn't far off in the distance now. Rosco has been beating his chest about GB having the World Champion (like it was any of his doing) and other "excellent riders" like Chris Harris Danny King and Craig Cook, and how he "expected" them to beat Australia at Kings Lynn and go straight through to the Finals at Bydgoszcz, where he expected them to be very competitive.

So, where are we now? Anyone impressed with Chris Harris this year? Apart from a one-off maximum yesterday, is Danny King the answer? Ben Barker and Edward Kennett are not cutting the mustard beyond PL level any more. Scott Nicholls has retired from the international scene. Craig Cook is a rolling gating tart that if he misses the start ends up nowhere. So who else is there?

Is the nations fate going to rest on the shoulders of Lewis Bridger? Are the Worralls up to it yet?

And the biggest question is left to last. Our World Champion - Tai Woffinden. What the fish'n'chips is going on there? The man that Rosco was pinning his hopes on to get 12 points out of the teams overall total is a pale shadow of his former self. Can anything be done to rescue his season?

So who should Rosco pick, and what do you think are Tame GB's realistic prospects this year?

Edited by The Pedaler
  • Like 2

Clearly it's all gone to pot since Rosco took over. Bring back Middlo!!!

• Like 3

If we had God as team manager He would not have a chance in hell of qualifying directly nor winning the play off. With the team choices he has I doubt he would get to the finals even if we hosted the bloody thing :)

With ward possibly out, and holders form hot and cold, maybe gb have a very slim chance, if tai can get his form sorted.

Tai harris cook and king would seem the logical team, or do you try r worrall or lambert going for the future on their home track (last year's for worrall obviously).

Bring back the Aussies and Kiwis and ride as Great Britain as before!

Oh, Australia have gone it alone, and NZ have gone

OMG

Can we use guests, in the best interests of ....... ?

Its a good job the World Cup is at the end of July and and not beginning of May. Plenty of time for riders form to change around, a good showing in the race off is the most we should expect. The U21 side looks promising though!

why all the negativity people?....Rosco has a cunning plan that has worked on previous occassions for him, once things start to come on top(which they will) he will play his ace card....tears for the cameras.

We have now got some of the worst riders in the world at the moment in time. Maybe in a few years we may have a few riders to make a team that will bring so hope to British speedway, as things stand though we are well and trully in the mire. That is putting it very politely. We as a team are at the best somewhere around the bottom of the world listings. What ever happened and where did it all start to wrong.

If Russia don't bring there A team I can see GB coming second in event 1 and then I think they stand a chance of beating Sweden in the run off. With the riders we have 4 place is about the best we can hope for, its almost inevitable some people will blame Rosco for not winning just like they blame the mangers that came before him. I think most people know the reason GB aren't competitive lies at the grassroots of the sport not with the team manger.

• Like 1

The key is for Rosco to pick the best four we have available OR commit to blooding three youngsters alongside Tai. Last year the selection represented neither really. We ain't going to win the thing but if the strongest side is selected we have to be beating USA and Latvia this year.

I cannot understand why GB have no team in the `World Pairs` ?

All the top countries are In it,sponsored and shown on British Eurosport.

Really poor show and undersight by the GB authorities. IMHO.

• Like 1

There are too many tried and failed contenders. I would pick a few riders who are improving and young enough to have a lengthy future. I would stick with them for maybe three years, I would have group training sessions particularly on the types of track that they are likely to come across. Currently they just pick the form riders, but many of them have little or no experience of riding abroad or even with each other. We KNOW that we aren't going to win it, so why not use it as a training ground, things can't get any worse?

• Like 5

There are too many tried and failed contenders. I would pick a few riders who are improving and young enough to have a lengthy future. I would stick with them for maybe three years, I would have group training sessions particularly on the types of track that they are likely to come across. Currently they just pick the form riders, but many of them have little or no experience of riding abroad or even with each other. We KNOW that we aren't going to win it, so why not use it as a training ground, things can't get any worse?

True - A very good idea that. Eventually me might have a Team of which we could be proud.

Riders would have to be persevered with though. It would be no good dropping someone after one or two failures. We might get clobbered a few times - but in the end I am sure something good would come of it.

• Like 1