British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Newcastle Drop Rosen....

Speedway has some crazy rules, we are talking about a 16 year old kid, one with massive potential yet we stifle his progress the same with Ellis last season.... Can these numptys not see what the rest of us do??

We should be embracing young Brits correctly and not just using them as speedway slags and a cost cutting exercise to save Elite league speedway...

In a way its a good problem to be coming up against.Its been quite a few years since there have been British teenagers capable of being considered for a spot in the top league.

I think its one of times when Newcastle fans will think its all BSPA claptrap and most others will think its the Diamonds trying to pull a fast one. Much like the Somerset/Brady Kurtz situation.

king class rider to bring in we needed an out and out no1, henry should never have went been our best rider up to now this season with robson. shram should have gone along with lingren, given time rosen would have got better and better and pushed for no1 where lingren just couldnt do it. i am 50/50 at the minute on the team at the end of the day its a points game lets hope our heat leaders can carry a reserve cos thats what we will need to do unless we get a decent reserve i.e Lambert rules permiting !!!!

• Like 1

I have an apple and an orange. They are both fruits so must be exactly the same - bar some technicality the grocer clings to.

No because the rules dont allow assessed riders to double up!

oh dear the analogy police will be after you for that one but to continue it, the grocer doesn't stop you from buying both an apple and an orange because that wouldn't be good for his business.

The rules must allow assessed riders to double up because that is exactly what Lewis Rose is doing. Is he not?

Rose is still 3.00 for a few more days.

Also think thats a piss poor team.

Even with rose as a 3 it still comes to 0.19 over the last set of averages.

Or i just have a dodgy calculator. :P

In a way its a good problem to be coming up against.Its been quite a few years since there have been British teenagers capable of being considered for a spot in the top league.

I think its one of times when Newcastle fans will think its all BSPA claptrap and most others will think its the Diamonds trying to pull a fast one. Much like the Somerset/Brady Kurtz situation.

no not just saying it because it's my team... But it highlights how narrow minded the set up is geared towards young Brits.... Wed rather just have them as cannon fodder with a few protected races in the EL....
  • Like 1

yes Mr Blobby but it still fits under the 42.50 limit so is within the rules in that respect

Duh! forgot about the 42.5 limit stupid blobby! :icon_smile_clown:

These things just highlight how bad state the sport is in right now,something controversial happens as a weekly occurrence nowadays and sports has been around along time.Its mainly stupid rules that cause the majority of the problems IMO.Until an Independent body runs the sport it will never improve.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 4

You're right but basically a stupid rule is going to hinder a young British talent whereas we seem to fall over backwards to cater for foreign riders with assessed averages and allowing them to DU. Surely the sport in the UK is about encouraging British riders to succeed and progress and not about pulling fast ones as it makes a team stronger. No wonder we are miles behind Poland, Denmark and Sweden with this attitude. Sad day that an exciting prospect is hindered whereas numerous foreign riders are allowed to DU and make more revenue, Yet the only thing some people can think about is great Newcastle can't put out a better team.

Edited by acclennell
  • Like 3

While changes were needed and the boldness must be applauded I think this makes us weaker especially with schramm or rose in the main body of the team. Would like George to come out and explain the thinking behind it

well I just hope all Newcastle fans don't expect miracles on sunday.. I do think we'll beat p/boro as we would'v with the team of last week lets get behind young Nathan graves..i wonder what num George will put schrammbo at.. and i'm sure clarkia will name danny the ( king of diamonds }

i hear mala douglas is doing a 2nd half having borrowed mcgreevys old leathers?? :)

These things just highlight how bad state the sport is in right now,something controversial happens as a weekly occurrence nowadays and sports has been around along time.Its mainly stupid rules that cause the majority of the problems IMO.Until an Independent body runs the sport it will never improve.

You are 100% correct. Sadly it will never happen. :sad: :sad: :sad:

While changes were needed and the boldness must be applauded I think this makes us weaker especially with schramm or rose in the main body of the team. Would like George to come out and explain the thinking behind it

regardless of it works or not.... King will get a true PL average and we should qualify for the pairs and fours now :)
  • Like 1

King will drop 1.5 or 2 points of his average and he'll swap Schramm for a 5.5 or a 6 point rider, Claes?

Putting Rose back at reserve with whichever 3.00 rider we have.

Non speedway supporters don't understand how riders can ride for different clubs in different countries, their heads almost explode when you tell them that they can ride for three different clubs in THIS country. :o:cheers:

• Like 1