British Speedway Forum
robert72

Riders Begging Fans For Money

Paul ... dear, dear Paul.

Gemini was trying to help you out by drawing your attention to the fact that Paulco's contribution had been one of pure sarcasm.

I don't want to say 'lighten-up, for God's sake, Paul!'

But you do seem to take others' posts a little bit too earnestly, to say the least.

Grand Central....dear, dear Grand Central (hee,hee) there's nothing being taken 'earnestly' at all. No need to lighten up i'm well chilled. Must admit though i wasn't aware that Paulco's post was a jokey one (mind you many a time i've forgotten to add a smiley to clarify), i was quickly glancing through the thread maybe i didn't take in previous posts to that one and indeed i don't think i carried on past that page. I was just casually pointing out my dislike of this business you see everywhere of claims that sportspeople are doing it for the public's entertainment etc. I just presumed Gemini was saying my comment could ignite strong disagreement and i found her post quite funny, again no strong emotions or anything earnest, i just smiled and chuckled quietly to myself (ok i know the next stage is talking to oneself!).

Incidentally, i notice that Gemini's and my own reply both had smileys attached.Not sure why you taking them so earnestly lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

:rofl::rofl::rofl: oh ma sides

• Like 3

Grand Central....dear, dear Grand Central (hee,hee) there's nothing being taken 'earnestly' at all. No need to lighten up i'm well chilled. Must admit though i wasn't aware that Paulco's post was a jokey one (mind you many a time i've forgotten to add a smiley to clarify), i was quickly glancing through the thread maybe i didn't take in previous posts to that one and indeed i don't think i carried on past that page. I was just casually pointing out my dislike of this business you see everywhere of claims that sportspeople are doing it for the public's entertainment etc. I just presumed Gemini was saying my comment could ignite strong disagreement and i found her post quite funny, again no strong emotions or anything earnest, i just smiled and chuckled quietly to myself (ok i know the next stage is talking to oneself!).

Incidentally, i notice that Gemini's and my own reply both had smileys attached.Not sure why you taking them so earnestly lol.

Classic.

You never disappoint.

Keep on taking the tablets!

• Like 2

Classic.

You never disappoint.

Keep on taking the tablets!

Lol. Noooo it's you lot who aren't getting the joke geee it's youuuuuu who is so not getting it...anyway whatever lol. Sorry for any typos it's hard to type as they fastened up my straitjacket too tight again.

Any news yet how much his polish club made for mrs fisher & family to go on holiday or is the collection just in England ?

well,,, had a bit of a bad night yesterday,,, our house was stuck by lightning, (not Ludvig),,, anyway, the young-uns new telly blew up and we got no phone or broadband :-(,,, don't suppose there's any chance of a whip round on Sunday at Brough to help aid the course ???,,, thanks in advance :-)

• Like 1

From what I hear the reasons his family are not here are entirely down to him.

whats the reasons then??

Didn't the fish used to plead poverty when at Edinburgh about the standard of his equipment etc?? Or am I mistaken??

And he started a new business not so long ago, so can't be short of a few quid.... Unless it's gone down the swanny??

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

whats the reasons then??

Didn't the fish used to plead poverty when at Edinburgh about the standard of his equipment etc?? Or am I mistaken??

And he started a new business not so long ago, so can't be short of a few quid.... Unless it's gone down the swanny??

I am reliably informed that it was stressed to him when he sorted his own visa out he must also do it for his family. For reasons unknown he did not seemingly follow this advice.

You would happily accept anything gem,people like you are why the sport is dying.

I hear ryan fisher wants another collection to fly other family members on holiday,get your bucket ready gem,Only in Speedway lol

Think you should really get your facts right. Fisher has spent over ten grand trying to get his family here (not on holiday)His words to me, not mine.

Is robert72 your age, if so, you should be ashamed, but coming from Leicester, then the 72 must be your IQ, out of 1000!!

I know when Jepsen Jensen was a young rider in Denmark, he was struggling to attract sponsors and funding for his speedway career so in the weekends while all his friends were out partying, He spent Saturday and Sunday digging out potatoes for the local farmer and in return, He got 200 Krone which equates to £20 in UK terms and he used that to fund his speedway career.

Now he's earning silly money in Poland and Sweden (£600+ a point) yet he still chooses to help that same farmer in the Winter for his 200 Krone.

So he gets £600 a meeting, or nothing

Your right it's up to the fans if they want to give money but I just think it was bang out of order to even ask fans to pay for his wife's airfare to another country.

How many times do you need telling, he didn't, Horton did

• Like 2

Think you should really get your facts right. Fisher has spent over ten grand trying to get his family here (not on holiday)His words to me, not mine.

Is robert72 your age, if so, you should be ashamed, but coming from Leicester, then the 72 must be your IQ, out of 1000!!

So he gets £600 a meeting, or nothing

How many times do you need telling, he didn't, Horton did

So why has fisher accepted the money it's wrong whoever started it,he has 3 decent pay packets plus a business.

Nobody has mentioned how much the polish have contributed to the fisher family moving to Poland ?

So you stick up for Americans but run down English people from Leicester,your not the brightest of people then.

So why has fisher accepted the money it's wrong whoever started it,he has 3 decent pay packets plus a business.

Nobody has mentioned how much the polish have contributed to the fisher family moving to Poland ?

So you stick up for Americans but run down English people from Leicester,your not the brightest of people then.

Bottom line is, it's nothing to do with you what Coventry / Boro fans and sponsors do to assist one of their own...

• Like 4

Bottom line is, it's nothing to do with you what Coventry / Boro fans and sponsors do to assist one of their own...

so I and others are not allowed an opinion ?

You wouldn't get this happening in any other sport or any other job.

Any update on how much was raised in Poland ?

so I and others are not allowed an opinion ?

You are, but you're like a dog with a bone. If it's not this, it's the track at Beaumont Park.

You wouldn't get this happening in any other sport or any other job.

Know that for a fact?

Edited by Leicester Hunter

I could not agree more.....I thought it was very cheeky to ask.....nobody has a collection for me in my work place

If a rider is badly injured I have no problem chucking £20 in a bucket but when I hear a rider begging for a new engine or money to repair his bike or van it's wrong to ask supporters IMHO as they should of got enough sponsors during the winter.

As for the ryan fisher collection wanting British fans to dig deep to pay for his wife and kids to fly to Poland to live I am gobsmacked,the guy is earning a good wage,whatever the circumstances fans should not be asked to dig deep for this it's wrong and wouldn't happen in any other work place.

I think riders begging needs to stop and promotors need to crack down on it.

But he did not say no did he

Think somebody should get their facts right from the start Ryan Fisher has never asked for a Penny Mick Horton the Promoter at Coventry and Peterborough decided to start this Collection so APOLOGIES all round me thinks and PLEASE scrap this thread

• Like 1

i once handed emmerson fairweather a sum of money at peterboro, personally cos i thought he was ..imo..harshly picked on, his efforts were clear, but what he scored that day, wasnt much..I now sponsor someone whose got there feet on the ground and truly genuine, when you find these people, is great to help

• Like 2