British Speedway Forum
robert72

Riders Begging Fans For Money

It's not a collection I would contribute to but those who have done so haven't been forced to, have known and understood exactly what the money is being collected for and how it is to be used.

So what's it got to do with anybody who didn't contribute? What right has anybody to know what the Polish have or haven't contributed? I think we all get that you don't agree with it but there must be something that actually affects you that you could obsess about.

• Like 5

I assume six dozen man works for somebody, would he expect that if his employer was bought out by a company from say, India, he would have to apply to the Indian government for permission to continue to work for it. Ryan had a completely valid visa to reside and work in the UK with his employer or because a visa was imvolved he required an employment sponsor to support his visa. That person is responsible for paying a living wage each week to the visa holder so they are not dependant on UK government benefits. As the owner of Coventry Speedway that person was Mr Sandhu, however whilst the ownership of the actual stadium remained with Mr Sandhu the racing rights at the stadium passed to Mick Horton, in the complex world of speedway promotion Mick took over the operating rights of Coventry Speedway HOWEVER has he actually bought all the assets of the club or is he merely leasing them from Mr Sandhu. It is this complexity of who actually OWNS and is still ultimately responsible as Ryans 2014 Visa sponsor where the family problem has arisen. Since 2004 the family have been in the uk as ryans dependants and have all been covered by one document, due to changes in conditions at the Visa agency when Ryanb renewed his own visa during 2013 he wasnt told that wife and kids now required their own separate bit of paper, when they returned to the UK after Christmas Daelyn and the kids were held in custody at Heathrow for hours before being sent back to the US because it was considered that they had been illegal immigrants because they were no longer covered from the time that Ryan had renewed HIS visa. Because they were considered to be illegal under conditions as they now are they have to return to the uuuus and cannot apply for a new visa until they have been out of the UK for a year, however they have never lived in Poland so they can apply to go there because they are not illegal there. Complicated isnt it. Basically they are caught up in Camerons political campaign to show he is reducing non EU immigration, (US and Australia are NON EU) they are just numbers of bodies on a bit of paper who have been refused entry. As of this week no more Aussies will be allowed in for speedway this year and the conditions will all change again before the start of next season

Getting involved with government agencies is enough to drive evn the most sane of people screaming up the road, a family just adds to the complexities of dealing with them I remember coming back into a cross channel ferry port to discover all the immigration staff were asian. I probably shouldnt have written this but knowing what a super family they are I really am cheesed off that they should be caughjt up in a numbers game that is being used as a n election tool.

• Like 3

Basically they are caught up in Camerons political campaign to show he is reducing non EU immigration, (US and Australia are NON EU) they are just numbers of bodies on a bit of paper who have been refused entry. As of this week no more Aussies will be allowed in for speedway this year and the conditions will all change again before the start of next season

And here we see the reality of it, but over on other threads, some of the same people as on this thread are demanding that the government keep out immigrants and urging us to vote UKIP.

It seems that as with crime though, the same rules aren't expected to apply to speedway riders...

• Like 5

I assume six dozen man works for somebody, would he expect that if his employer was bought out by a company from say, India, he would have to apply to the Indian government for permission to continue to work for it. Ryan had a completely valid visa to reside and work in the UK with his employer or because a visa was imvolved he required an employment sponsor to support his visa. That person is responsible for paying a living wage each week to the visa holder so they are not dependant on UK government benefits. As the owner of Coventry Speedway that person was Mr Sandhu, however whilst the ownership of the actual stadium remained with Mr Sandhu the racing rights at the stadium passed to Mick Horton, in the complex world of speedway promotion Mick took over the operating rights of Coventry Speedway HOWEVER has he actually bought all the assets of the club or is he merely leasing them from Mr Sandhu. It is this complexity of who actually OWNS and is still ultimately responsible as Ryans 2014 Visa sponsor where the family problem has arisen. Since 2004 the family have been in the uk as ryans dependants and have all been covered by one document, due to changes in conditions at the Visa agency when Ryanb renewed his own visa during 2013 he wasnt told that wife and kids now required their own separate bit of paper, when they returned to the UK after Christmas Daelyn and the kids were held in custody at Heathrow for hours before being sent back to the US because it was considered that they had been illegal immigrants because they were no longer covered from the time that Ryan had renewed HIS visa. Because they were considered to be illegal under conditions as they now are they have to return to the uuuus and cannot apply for a new visa until they have been out of the UK for a year, however they have never lived in Poland so they can apply to go there because they are not illegal there. Complicated isnt it. Basically they are caught up in Camerons political campaign to show he is reducing non EU immigration, (US and Australia are NON EU) they are just numbers of bodies on a bit of paper who have been refused entry. As of this week no more Aussies will be allowed in for speedway this year and the conditions will all change again before the start of next season

Getting involved with government agencies is enough to drive evn the most sane of people screaming up the road, a family just adds to the complexities of dealing with them I remember coming back into a cross channel ferry port to discover all the immigration staff were asian. I probably shouldnt have written this but knowing what a super family they are I really am cheesed off that they should be caughjt up in a numbers game that is being used as a n election tool.

MANY THANKS for posting your message,blimey being detained at Heathrow must have been terrible experience and shock for the family to go through,also having to answer questions from border staff and the shock of having to be returned to the usa must have been a nightmare.really hope the family can get back together as soon as possible.

It is sad that this forum and incident is now being used to score political points. Unortunate as Ryans situation is I can assure you it would be far worse if the situation was reversed and it was a British person trying to enter USA.

And here we see the reality of it, but over on other threads, some of the same people as on this thread are demanding that the government keep out immigrants and urging us to vote UKIP.

It seems that as with crime though, the same rules aren't expected to apply to speedway riders...

oh dear, i dont think anybody has ever urged you to vote ukip HA. We have just disagreed politically

MANY THANKS for posting your message,blimey being detained at Heathrow must have been terrible experience and shock for the family to go through,also having to answer questions from border staff and the shock of having to be returned to the usa must have been a nightmare.really hope the family can get back together as soon as possible.

Heathrow can't be as bad as flying into the states even with the correct visas customs are not the nicest of people and give people a hard time.

• Like 1

Heathrow can't be as bad as flying into the states even with the correct visas customs are not the nicest of people and give people a hard time.

It's the States then, instead of OZ for you

It's the States then, instead of OZ for you

Tsunami you can pay for me to go to Aussie then I will get the speedway public to pay for my family to travel out as I would miss them ;)

• Like 1

So why has fisher accepted the money it's wrong whoever started it,he has 3 decent pay packets plus a business.

Nobody has mentioned how much the polish have contributed to the fisher family moving to Poland ?

So you stick up for Americans but run down English people from Leicester,your not the brightest of people then.

I am not sticking up for Americans and running down the English (most of my relatives come from Leicester anyway). Had Fisher been Polish (look a capital P, polish is used as a cleaner), or any nationality I would have sided with him against your daft comments. By the way "your not the brightest " should have been "you're not the brightest" as well. Glasshouses and stones come to mind.

I am not sticking up for Americans and running down the English (most of my relatives come from Leicester anyway). Had Fisher been Polish (look a capital P, polish is used as a cleaner), or any nationality I would have sided with him against your daft comments. By the way "your not the brightest " should have been "you're not the brightest" as well. Glasshouses and stones come to mind.

I think your user name sums you up.

Any news yet on how much was raised in Poland ?

I think your user name sums you up.

Any news yet on how much was raised in Poland ?

For pete's sake - give it a rest. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Only in British Speedway I am thinking ;)

That's the problem, you're not capable of it.

• Like 2

I've been on the forum since 2001 but I've never known anyone quite so repetitive as Robert72, having also seen multiple posts on the Leicester threads continually moaning about the track. Why go on and on about the same thing when you've made your point because it's totally boring for everyone else.

You've made the choice not to donate anything to Ryan Fisher - and why should you be interested anyway being as you don't support either Coventry or Peterborough - but others have chosen to. That should be it, we get the message, so as The White Knight has said give it a rest now.

• Like 4