British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Panthers 15-5-14 ( Pl ) 7-30pm

Risager riding for Ipswich but we are without Ulrich.

Our side looks pretty empty in the middle order without Ulrich and with Lasse, Ales, Blackbird and the reserves taking his rides; It won't cover his scoring power.

Can see us being turned over sadly, due to the fixture list more than this inept Witches side.

Nice to see you're on the ball as ever

With the Panthers reserves failing to beat an opponent tonight, it was plain sailing for the Witches...

Im sure many will see the fact that the Panthers lost Dryml when already using R/R and put the result down to that.

In reality the Witches looked sharp from 1 to 7 and the score didnt flatter us.

With a couple of tapes offences and falls along with being on a 5-1 when Dryml fell that as often happens turned into a 3-3 in the re run it could easily have been 60+.

Plenty to be positive about not least of which was Cams superb night. Heart in mouth time when he hit the deck in 15 - didnt look good for his wrist. Fingers crossed that there will be no delayed reaction.

Congrats to Ipswich....

We were up against it with no Ulrich....... Is Dryml ok?

Hope Lasse is ok ?

Could Panthers have used a guest for Ostergaard, riding in a national championship, and if they could, why didn't they. Was it another cost cutting exercise?

Could Panthers have used a guest for Ostergaard, riding in a national championship, and if they could, why didn't they. Was it another cost cutting exercise?

No and no

SR 18.10 FACILITIES
a) Absent #1: G or RR
b.) 1 Absent Rider (2 – 5): RR
c) More than 1 Absent Rider (1 - 5) 1 x RR facility and G for all others
d) Absent #6: G
e) Absent #7: NL G*
f) Absent #6 and #7 Riders: G (for the absent #6) / NL G* (for the other)
g) “No Facility”: NL G*
NL G*: a Rider eligible for a NL Team who has never achieved an actual PL MA of 4.00 or above

Congrats to Ipswich....

We were up against it with no Ulrich....... Is Dryml ok?

Hope Lasse is ok ?

Track was a lot more "Ipswich like" which is good to see. Witches helped the Panthers by again Worrall and then Tungate touching the tapes in heats 1 and 13. Hawkins and then Heeps fell in points scoring positions. Panthers up against it with starting with 6 riders and then reduced to 5 then 4 then 3!

Dryml took a heavy fall in heat 7, locked up and high-sided on 1st/2nd bend 1st lap. seemed to land on shoulder/head. (5 riders)

Don't think Blackbird will be too popular in the Panthers camp tonight. Heat 5 he took Fisher off but the American was wrongly excluded.Heat 11 saw them both race each other for 2nd and 3rd, Blackbird only just letting Fisher (on b/w tac) through at the last minute. Heat 15 then saw a tough 1st bend, Heeps (Witches mom) ending up in 1st bend airfence, then Blackbird taking Bjerre into 2nd bend fence . Bjerre landed on top of fence and then fell to the floor. (4 riders)

As Bjerre was unable to take his place in 4 rider rerun, it should have been Fisher in but was unable to as had no bike to compete with! So the Panthers unfortunately finished with 3!

Heeps got 3 race wins, Risager after poor 1st heat went unbeaten and Manzares i such an intelligent rider. Worrall and Tungate went un-noticed really and the reserves got stuck in.

Mention of Baby Bjerre too, showed his liking for Foxhall again and must have loved the extra dirt on the track.

Don't think Bjerre qualified

No Ully = no chance of any points complete turn around of the Good Friday result is on the cards

At least someone saw it coming damm near spot on as well

Panthers need to strengthen up as other PL clubs have done or its going to be another fruitless year

• Like 1

A more convincing performance from the Witches tonight . No doubt now that all will be rosy in the garden again as far as the promotion is concerned .

However , the truth of the matter is that the Panthers didn't really turn up with the exception of Bjerre . Blackbird scored in every ride but managed to take down two of his team mates (Fisher and Bjerre) at various points . They really missed Ostergaard and ultimately we only had a 5 man team to beat again . ( hope Dryml and Bjerre are OK btw )

One real plus for me tonight was the return of some form and confidence for Cam , hope this really kick starts his season ! Great to see some of his passing manoevers .

Richie W , he really really needs to stop jumping the starts , although he may get away with a few it could end up costing us at times . I've seen at least 3 exclusions recently .

Gino , another excellent nights work completed , just hope he can start repeating his home scores away .

Morten , shocking 1st ride then looked unbeatable , that's Morten all over .

Rohan , for me he still remains unconvincing but I'm sure will come good ( well hopefully ) .

Adam and Ritchie H , both did precisely what was required of a reserve pairing .

Now the real test comes to see if anything has changed , two away meetings at Edinburgh and Berwick in the next 2 days . The possibility of a league point of any kind looks pretty slim to me but maybe just maybe the team might have a tad more belief after this win .

Forever hopeful .

Don't want to appear negative but personally I don't think this win was any indication of how good the Witches were, it was down to the fact that the Panthers were practically a one man team.

On the plus side it was great to see Cam getting somewhere near back to his best & Gino continues to impress.

Credit where credits due. You can only beat what turns up and that's what the Witches did tonight. Peterborough turned up with 6 riders not 1 and the Witches riders beat them. Heat 3 Cam had to pass both Panthers to win and this continued through the night with lots of good racing. Yes Peterborough had some bad luck but so did the Witches.

I keep reading all this stuff about Ostergaards absence being the key but RR for him scored 9 which isn't many points away from what he'd of got. Take away the two tapes exclusions and the Witches might have won by more!

I predicted a comfortable win for Ipswich tonight cause being an evening meeting the track would maintain moisture creating a grippy track with an outside line that would favour the home team. Good Fridays mauling by the Panthers was down to it being a daytime meeting which limited the quality of the track grip wise which played into the faster trapping Panthers side!

I keep reading all this stuff about Ostergaards absence being the key but RR for him scored 9 which isn't many points away from what he'd of got. Take away the two tapes exclusions and the Witches might have won by more!

I predicted a comfortable win for Ipswich tonight cause being an evening meeting the track would maintain moisture creating a grippy track with an outside line that would favour the home team. Good Fridays mauling by the Panthers was down to it being a daytime meeting which limited the quality of the track grip wise which played into the faster trapping Panthers side!

What nonsense, That 9 score was helped by a 6 point double points ride which we ended up using thanks to no Ulrich.

R/R scored 2,6,0,1 and the 1 in the last ride was a 0 where we got 5-1ed

Ulrich scored in the last meeting 3,3,1,3,3 from 5 rides.

Not overly concerned, We have ridden 3 away and only 1 home so our position in the league is false and a run of 4 home meetings should provide us with plenty of points and today we were weakened without two heat-leaders.

It looked like the Witches wanted it more tonight like the Panthers did on Good Friday. Have to laugh at some of the Panthers fans calling for changes after one bad result like they did at the start of the season. They have a decent team and will be there about at end of season.

Back to tonight's match another inept performance from Chris Gay who again holds the tapes for an eternity. 9 reruns is too much and the meeting dragged on too long. It's as he wants to get riders excluded for touching the tapes and then fails to see that Fisher hit the tapes with his front wheel before it hit the peak of his helmet. He also didn't notice that Richie was half way to the tapes off 15m before the tapes went up in the rerun of heat one. Then he excludes Fisher for being knocked off by Blackbird. I think I would rather of had the original ref Christina Turnball as printed in the programme and that's saying something!!! He just never gets any better.

Hope Lasse and Ales are okay and what a joy it was to watch Lasse blasting around in the dirt like he did the season he rode for us.

Not overly concerned, We have ridden 3 away and only 1 home so our position in the league is false and a run of 4 home meetings should provide us with plenty of points and today we were weakened without two heat-leaders.

You only had one heat leader missing as Ales is number 4 in your averages which means he is a second string.

Heads have to roll, we are the Peterborough Panthers.

But I thought you were not overly concerned. Make your mind up.