British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Premier League Pairs - Friday 11th July

Under normal circumtances yes, but these were not normal circumtances, this was a final where a lot was a stake, and common sense should have prevailed. Sometimes referees need to engage their brain. he had plenty of time to do so, and assess and the importance of the situation, clearly he failed to do that. He engaged hand before brain..

And from a Neutral point of view, why didn't the BSPA find a Referee from the midlands to take charge? Again, not thought out properly..

The ref took plenty of time to make his decision as it wasn't until Nick Morris got back to the pit gate that the decision was made after the ref reviewed the tv replays. If this had happened earlier in the meeting nothing would be said now.

All refs are neutral so it doesn't matter where he or she comes from. You are just clutching at straws. Next you will be saying the ref shouldn't be English as he might not like Australians and exclude them. As I said earlier in this thread the pairs should be on a neutral track like Swindon the day after the gp.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 2

It was the wrong decision for the sport of speedway and in particular the event itself. The referee had an opportunity to keep the event alive and he let so many people down by not doing so.

I've watched the replay and it was an easy call for all four back (thinking British final type situation here, not heat 2 of a league match) and what adds to my annoyance, the chairman of the bspa was acting team manager of the Monarchs pairing at a bspa event...something not quite right there either.

It was the wrong decision for the sport of speedway and in particular the event itself. The referee had an opportunity to keep the event alive and he let so many people down by not doing so.

I've watched the replay and it was an easy call for all four back (thinking British final type situation here, not heat 2 of a league match) and what adds to my annoyance, the chairman of the bspa was acting team manager of the Monarchs pairing at a bspa event...something not quite right there either.

Even though it was John Campbell's sons who were acting team managers but never mind.

• Like 1

Incidentally, everyone saying all four back, may I just add that young Max would have been excluded by some referees in that situation. Which in effect gives even more of an argument to all four back. Picture Nikki Pedersen in Max Fricke's saddle...he'd be out, no question.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Right decision, it certainly was that. I'm a neutral but it was excellent seeing the faces of all involved at Somerset, fantastic.

• Like 1

Incidentally, everyone saying all four back, may I just add that young Max would have been excluded by some referees in that situation. Which in effect gives even more of an argument to all four back. Picture Nikki Pedersen in Max Fricke's saddle...he'd be out, no question.

not a chance... Think that is a biased view really :)

Another nail in speedways coffin by a so called official,it just ruined the meeting for most fans who by the way paid 20 pounds to see a final no wonder people left before the end.Next year the final race must be run 3 2 1 to avoid such a cock up ,and if the final finish 3 3 ,then a run off between one rider from each team,to decide the winner and please dont have a power struck referee in charge of such a meeting was a incompetant thought less man who made that decision.

• Like 1

And at the same time stuffed another nail into british speedways coffin...

so the referee comes to the meeting with his hammer and nails,,, and just waits for someone to make a mistake, then tries to help put himself out of work ???,,, mental,,,

I NEVER suggested the referee should act in a corrupt manner. There were many who believed that it wasn't a clear cut decision and that all four back was an option and might have brought what was, by all accounts, a good meeting to a more satisfactory conclusion.

you mean 'Somerset win' ???,,

Another one who clearly wants to see Speedway going to the wall.. Why can't we talk about a Neutral Referee? No thats not convienient, is it...The only person talking nonsense is you.. Oh and a few others like you...

why not have the pairs Cardiff the night before the GP, (neutral track),,, and a referee from Wales, (neutral),,, ???

so the referee comes to the meeting with his hammer and nails,,, and just waits for someone to make a mistake, then tries to help put himself out of work ???,,, mental,,,

you mean 'Somerset win' ???,,

why not have the pairs Cardiff the night before the GP, (neutral track),,, and a referee from Wales, (neutral),,, ???

Aye , why not, lets ruin the GP circuit with a meeting, which in world terms would be see as inconsequential, just to satisfy a few conspiracy theory individuals who prob. believe that Nicki Pederson hails from Alfa Centuri and has carnal knowledge of every GP sanctioned referee :rofl::nono:

Its not up to referee to keep the event alive, its up to him to enforce the rules and make a decision, that he did. I agree the easy thing to do would've been to call all four back but surely that would've been a cop out. I applaud the ref for making a definitive decision, I wish we had more refs doing the same on time wasting at the start line etc.

• Like 8

Its not up to referee to keep the event alive, its up to him to enforce the rules and make a decision, that he did. I agree the easy thing to do would've been to call all four back but surely that would've been a cop out. I applaud the ref for making a definitive decision, I wish we had more refs doing the same on time wasting at the start line etc.

Finally a sensible post on the subject.

Junior

• Like 1

What difference does it matter who the team managers are, it's not as if they have a lot of decisions to make. They haven't got another rider to bring in on a tactical ride, and I'm sure the riders can pick their own gates in semis and final without the help of a team manager.

• Like 1

Apart from the regular Somerset critics (yawn) is there any sensible reason why the OTA is not the perfect place for the Pairs and also the GP warm up.If Rebel`s riders were winning it every year,maybe, but the racing is normally good,and it`s a different winner every year.Can`t wait for the 4`s at P/Boro,watch out Panther fans if your team wins.

• Like 3

The scoring system in the final could be 4-2-1-0 that way a reward goes to the rider winning the race and in the event of any exclusion still means there is something to race for in the re-run rather than the farce that was caused the other night in watching Masters poodle round telling Fricke where to ride thus robbing the public of any sort of race

Used to be similar in the previous format, with 3-2-1 and the winner taking the heat win if it was a 3-3. Guess what, was changed after a run of 1 man teams winning.

Apart from the regular Somerset critics (yawn) is there any sensible reason why the OTA is not the perfect place for the Pairs and also the GP warm up.If Rebel`s riders were winning it every year,maybe, but the racing is normally good,and it`s a different winner every year.Can`t wait for the 4`s at P/Boro,watch out Panther fans if your team wins.

Tracks OK i guess but it's biggest problem is it's in the middle of nowhere.