British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Premier League Pairs - Friday 11th July

What an awful decision by the referee in the final. Surely the logical decision would be all four back. So we have an excellent meeting ruined by a poor decision. What an anti climax

• Like 2

Well done to Jom McGregor as just when speedway need new fans he makes a decision like that.

What a prize prat!!!!

• Like 4

Totally agree BCD ref has completely spoil't a very good meeting.

• Like 1

Someone remind me where Mr McGregor is from!

Macgregor has been a joke most of his refereeing career,has to be the centre of attention,I even known him to try and interfere at meetings where he has not been the ref,just attending as a spectator . Clown.

• Like 3

In a normal meeting it would have probably been the right thing to do but in a meeting like this a bit of common sense was needed.

Speedway and common sense parted company decades ago.

I turned off after that as I know who won without bothering to watch.

Damn shame as speedway needs exciting finals like that would likely have been.

Speedway deserves it's fate sadly and won't be missed by many when it disappears.

• Like 3

An exciting nights racing ruined by a barmy decision

Good crowd , good tv and the ending ruined.

Perplexing stuff for the neutral

• Like 1

In a normal meeting the referee made the right decision. Morris was ridden out of it and beaten, so he decided to put the bike down and hope for another go with all four back...

...But considering the fact that an exclusion for anyone ends the meeting, the common-sense decision in this meeting would be all 4 back, even if the technically correct decision was to exclude Morris.

Daft comment from Tatum before the final "It's good to see it come down to a last heat decider"....What other finish can you have in the pairs? I predict tomorrow's GP will also go to a last heat decider.

• Like 2

That was one of the worst referee decisions I think I have ever seen, the SCB should take him off the list. That soiled a good nights racing by giving such a stupid decision. It should have been all 4 back again.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 2

Not so sure, for the spectacle maybe, but Morris could have easily avoided that! Was there any contact from Max? Not so sure.

once they entered the bend Morris had to keep it wound on.

To knock off the throttle in the deep stuff mid bend wouldve just seen him catapulted into the airfence.

There was contact but no way Fricke could be excluded. All 4 was the right choice but not made.

• Like 1

Jim Mcgregor is from erskine near Glasgow he is a man who likes to be the big I am the decision was a terrible mistake on his part but Mcgregor is never wrong

• Like 3