British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NeilWatson

Peterborough V Scunthorpe - Tuesday 20th May 7.30pm

The Premier League KO Cup meeting has been re-arranged for next Tuesday, 20th May.

PETERBOROUGH chiefs have moved swiftly to re-schedule their Premier League KO Cup first round, first leg clash against Scunthorpe.

The meeting, postponed last night (Tuesday) after a thunderstorm left the East of England Showground track waterlogged, will now take place next week on Tuesday, May 20.

The KO Cup clash replaces a Premier League fixture against Plymouth which will be rescheduled for later in the season.

Club bosses feel it is imperative to re-stage the KO Cup clash promptly as Plymouth are waiting in the wings to face either Panthers or Scunthorpe in the quarter-finals which are pencilled in for early June.

The second leg of the KO Cup tie is at the Eddie Wright Raceway on Spring Bank Holiday Monday, May 26.

The 'TC Harrison' Panthers thank the Scunthorpe and Plymouth promotions for their co-operation on this matter.

Good one :D

You're easily pleased!

Is this a defo, or subject to any H&S inspection ? :wink:

Both wouldn't you say? And just to avoid confusion, it's definitely taking place and like all meetings will be subject, I'd assume, to a H&S and ref's inspection, both of which will hopefully not throw up any issues.

Edited by Crump99

Showers still forecast for today so I suppose its a case of how much and how often but Panthers really need to get this match on after 2 successive postponements.

wouldn't surprise me if panthers get turned over tonight , scunny have riders who ride the showground well , with fitness worries about blackbird , certain riders will have stand up and be counted if panthers have to go r/r

Good luck to all SCORPIONS tonight!...Especially Josh who rode his heart out for his points last week! . Come on lads were on it!!!!!!!

Whats weather like??--could do without a trip down there like last week!!

Whats weather like??--could do without a trip down there like last week!!

I'm 10 mins away from showground , short sharp shower this morning blazing sunshine now .showers are forcast from 5 Edited by hans fan

Both wouldn't you say? And just to avoid confusion, it's definitely taking place and like all meetings will be subject, I'd assume, to a H&S and ref's inspection, both of which will hopefully not throw up any issues.

Yet not subject to being told which "Health & Safety" rule was applied in the event of cancelling a meeting!!! :oops:

They are still not getting my money out of me after the Truckfest shenanigans.

Will be the second one I have missed all season.

Can't understand how the reasons haven't leaked out yet.

Or is it that there was a prior booking?

PETERBOROUGH duo Lasse Bjerre and Ales Dryml have been passed fit to race in the club’s re-arranged Premier League KO Cup quarter-final clash with Scunthorpe on Tuesday.

The duo both crashed during the Panthers’ defeat at Ipswich last week but have received the all-clear to return – although the home side do have a concern over Lewis Blackbird following a heavy fall at the weekend.

Peterborough co-promoter Trevor Swales said: “Touch wood Lewis will be okay too. He was involved in what sounds like a nasty crash at Eastbourne on Saturday and his shoulder has really stiffened up since. We will have to use rider-replacement if Lewis doesn’t make it, but we certainly hope to be at full-strength for what will hopefully be our first home meeting for some time.

“We need to make sure we are a lot sharper away from the tapes than we were at Ipswich last week because we need to build up a good advantage to take to Scunthorpe for the second leg.”

Scunthorpe are looking to improve upon on a disastrous KO Cup record which has seen them lose 18 of the 19 first-round ties they have contested at second-tier level since 1972.

Promoter Rob Godfrey said: “It’s about time we had a bit of success in this competition. Peterborough are a welcome addition to the Premier League. They will be worthy opponents, but of course we want to overcome them and progress.”

Peterborough are running their reduced admission offer for members of the armed forces and emergency services tonight, with entry available for £10 on production of the relevant identification.

Shows you how interest in Pboro has fallen with the change of leagues last season there would have been several pages on a Panthers on lead up to a home meeting.

Have to say Neil is very good with his press releases for all things Peterborough, Likes to keep the speedway public up to speed. Well almost all things. :wink:

• Like 1