British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Lakeside V Kings Lynn 19 May El A Sky Match

Because the facility is a BSPA UK facility for an EL meeting - nothing to do with Finland or indeed any SGP location!!

Pardon? I ask why there is a facility for a rider too injured to ride tonight but having been fit enough to ride last Saturday

Either he is fit to ride or he isn't

As he is [was] why is there a facility?

Your response didn't appear to answer this question

• Like 1

Red, maybe he thought he was fit to go on saturday, but it turned out he really wasnt after giving it ago, so then declared himself unfit for tonight, with of course a doc's note to prove it. Take Ward he hasnt been fit for Poole but has done a Polish meet and a couple of Grand Prixs.

• Like 1

Whether its our promotion who can't be arsed or all of the riders who could have guested its a poor old show that one couldn't be found and once again the public suffer. Would have been a comfortable home win anyway but should be a landslide now. No doubt Sky won't be chuffed either.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

As you know GRW, I am a pragmatist, a realist whereas you are more of a romantic, a dreamer!

There is no way, even with Jarek Hampel guesting for Kenneth, that we would take a point from Lakeside. Why waste the cash tonight (and lets face it it is in limited supply) and instead use it too book at top guest for Thursday as that meeting is much more important.

Would take a 20 point defeat tonight, if it meant a 7 point win on Thursday.

That said, if we can get something tonight I will be as happy as anyone. AND if we are R/R for Kenneth on Thursday then I will be fuming.

I am neither a romantic, nor a dreamer. I believe if you enter a competition, you do so to try and win every time.. Taking your attitude about Lakeside match, why bother to send a team at all, just give them the points. Why cheat the public out of their hard earnt cash.

I know that Lakeside is a hard place to go to. It offers massive home advantage. But we have to raise above that and compete. Yeah I know we have been rubbish there in the past, but we have a new team this year who are learning fast. I'm sure giving them the chance we will do well. There are teams who go there with a win mentality and have been successful, whereas other teams go with this defeatist belief and come away with nothing. Its obvious which ones we are.

Whether we like Lakeside or not, while they are in the league, we have to treat them like everyone else. Once you start picking matches to win, and others to lose, we might as well pack up.....

'PMPO' , You say you will be FUMING if we have RR on Thursday against Poole. So why the double standards??

Pardon? I ask why there is a facility for a rider too injured to ride tonight but having been fit enough to ride last Saturday

Either he is fit to ride or he isn't

As he is [was] why is there a facility?

Your response didn't appear to answer this question

Maybe he not fit enough after Saturday ..just a thought

Trouble with missing riders is no matter who is around that could ride, if they turn around and say sorry not interested as ive got a Swedish meeting Tuesday, or my bikes are in bits etc etc there is not a lot anyone can do.

Lynn have to come with the attitude of give it their best shot and who knows a bit of luck here and there and a point is perfectly possible for them.

I would think Rob and Buster sat down and targeted certain away matches as winnable, also others where we could nick a point. Then the rest were maybe considered dead in the water rubbers. Lakeside has been a real dessert for Lynn as far as points gathering goes over the years. If Buster is saving up the cash ready for a real top liner ( No disrespect to the likes of Watt & Nicholls) to give us a real chance against Poole On Thursday, then as fans are we really that bothered ?

Well Tai should be a good enough guest for KL on Thursday.

While I am unhappy we haven't got a guest tonight,maybe just maybe they can't actually get a good enough guest and the best option is to go R/R.There is only Poole,Swindon,Eastbourne and Leicester to choose from.

From Poole you can't have Darcy I would imagine there next top two would be at home in Poland so that them out of the equation.Swindon Batch and Kildemand are ok but would they be in Denmark as they haven't got a meeting in the UK until Thursday(Does Batch ride Denmark?).Eastbourne is Kylmakorpi spending time in Finland,B Pedersen no thanks Woodward? Michelsen?.That leaves Leicester and only really Mads but could he also so be in Denmark.Realistically these riders are the best options but are any of them available.It's pretty much a nightmare for the promotion with so few options to choose from.

Dakota North may have taken the booking but just imagine the uproar from fans then.

So maybe we should trust the promotion in what they are saying,and that they couldn't get a good enough guest on this occasion

LGF

Davey Watt to score over 9 tonight with the bookies what do you think good bet?

Thanks

VV

NKI will be fighting a lone battle tonight. Easy win for the Hammers and DW will actually win at least one race!!

Vega Verdict: Lakeside 56 Stars 38

While I am unhappy we haven't got a guest tonight,maybe just maybe they can't actually get a good enough guest and the best option is to go R/R.There is only Poole,Swindon,Eastbourne and Leicester to choose from.

From Poole you can't have Darcy I would imagine there next top two would be at home in Poland so that them out of the equation.Swindon Batch and Kildemand are ok but would they be in Denmark as they haven't got a meeting in the UK until Thursday(Does Batch ride Denmark?).Eastbourne is Kylmakorpi spending time in Finland,B Pedersen no thanks Woodward? Michelsen?.That leaves Leicester and only really Mads but could he also so be in Denmark.Realistically these riders are the best options but are any of them available.It's pretty much a nightmare for the promotion with so few options to choose from.

Dakota North may have taken the booking but just imagine the uproar from fans then.

So maybe we should trust the promotion in what they are saying,and that they couldn't get a good enough guest on this occasion

Dunno about Denmark but most of those will be in Sweden tomorrow, so its possible that yes - there simply isn't a suitable guest available.

Red, maybe he thought he was fit to go on saturday, but it turned out he really wasnt after giving it ago, so then declared himself unfit for tonight, with of course a doc's note to prove it. Take Ward he hasnt been fit for Poole but has done a Polish meet and a couple of Grand Prixs.

But earlier on you suggest Lyon had had 3 weeks to book a guest for this injury

No, I fully understand what you and others have said - I'm just so p155ed orf with riders not committed to "bread and butter" league racing for their contracted teams as opposed to this dreadful "Ole Olsen All Stars Extravaganza Series" which has helped (albeit with the assistance of the BSPA of recent years) to ruin the sport in this country

Let's get things back on track in this country and run only with riders 100% committed to the leagues - not to OOASES, European Championships, foreign leagues - we used to, and it worked, and if it means reverting to low-cost kit and semi-professional riders, them so be it

And stop creating problems with doubling up and down - have enough racing in the UK for all who want to ride

Dunno about Denmark but most of those will be in Sweden tomorrow, so its possible that yes - there simply isn't a suitable guest available.

Bugger yes totally forgot about Sweden :o Even more reason to struggle getting a guest.

True and that attitude by KL is the reason why when it it comes to the play-offs Poole will have the psycological edge over Lynn . No way would Ford be turning up without a decent guest if Pawlicki had been injured 3 weeks ago.

Lynn are weakened with r/r but there is no reason for them to be completely out of contention for a point if they really get their heads down. Six rides for NKI should bring 16/17/18 points or 19/20/21 with a likely t/r. As VOR has already said, Rory makes no secret of the fact that it is one of his favourite tracks and has guested enough to know his way round. Nine points from six rides is more than possible . The other four only have to get 18 points from 18 rides and it's game on. Throw in the fact that most matches have gone down to heat 14or 15 at lakeside this year before the final league point has been decided and all things are possible. Hammers start as favourites but if KL show the sort of grit they will need to show if they are serious about the play-offs it's not beyond the realms of possibility they could get someting out of this.

Totally agree E I Addio. Lakeside will pile on the early points, loose big-time to a TR, and then struggle against Iversen & Schlein in the closing heats. Lewis Kerr should do well here and the rest of the team only need a few points. We need PK & Watty to be firing if we are to get all 3pts

I am neither a romantic, nor a dreamer. I believe if you enter a competition, you do so to try and win every time.. Taking your attitude about Lakeside match, why bother to send a team at all, just give them the points. Why cheat the public out of their hard earnt cash.

I know that Lakeside is a hard place to go to. It offers massive home advantage. But we have to raise above that and compete. Yeah I know we have been rubbish there in the past, but we have a new team this year who are learning fast. I'm sure giving them the chance we will do well. There are teams who go there with a win mentality and have been successful, whereas other teams go with this defeatist belief and come away with nothing. Its obvious which ones we are.

Whether we like Lakeside or not, while they are in the league, we have to treat them like everyone else. Once you start picking matches to win, and others to lose, we might as well pack up.....

'PMPO' , You say you will be FUMING if we have RR on Thursday against Poole. So why the double standards??

I'm delighted we have saved our pennies tonight, and booked the WORLD CHAMPION on Thursday night : )