British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Berwick (pl) 23/05/14 19:30 Hrs

A message from Laura Morgan the owner of Workington Speedway

Tonight Steve, Tony and I have had to do one of the hardest jobs is speedway and that is to tell a rider he doesn't have a team place anymore. We told Chris Mills tonight at the Berwick rain off meeting that we have found it necessary to change the team to try and strengthen it for the remainder of the season. As always from the beginning, when Chris joined the team, he was a gentleman to deal with and understood the reasons behind the change. We have found Chris to be professional and a delight to deal with and he will always be a friend of Workington Speedway. I hope you will join us in wishing Chris well for the future and he is welcome back at Derwent park anytime.

Laura

News of Chris's replacement will be made in the next couple of days.

Taken from the Workington official site.

Have sympathy for Chris but inevitable really. All the best for the future Chris.

Edited by comet49

A message from Laura Morgan the owner of Workington Speedway

Tonight Steve, Tony and I have had to do one of the hardest jobs is speedway and that is to tell a rider he doesn't have a team place anymore. We told Chris Mills tonight at the Berwick rain off meeting that we have found it necessary to change the team to try and strengthen it for the remainder of the season. As always from the beginning, when Chris joined the team, he was a gentleman to deal with and understood the reasons behind the change. We have found Chris to be professional and a delight to deal with and he will always be a friend of Workington Speedway. I hope you will join us in wishing Chris well for the future and he is welcome back at Derwent park anytime.

Laura

News of Chris's replacement will be made in the next couple of days.

Taken from the Workington official site.

Good to see you giving credit to your source , Screm haha :P

• Like 3

Good to see you giving credit to your source , Screm haha :P

We don't want to be upsetting people. ;)

We don't want to be upsetting people. ;)

Who said that. :P Putin ?

worky can only replace chris with a 3 pointer because thats the average that chris started with in the team building plans..its either got to be another 3 pointer or someone else has to go. i think it will all become clearer after the away meet at sheffield. tough luck chris, it happens. hope a door opens up for you..

worky can only replace chris with a 3 pointer because thats the average that chris started with in the team building plans..its either got to be another 3 pointer or someone else has to go. i think it will all become clearer after the away meet at sheffield. tough luck chris, it happens. hope a door opens up for you..

No, you can get someone in either 3.05 or lower to replace Chris.

Edited by Tsunami

oh, i thought it was done on the average that the started with. now that leaves the door wide open to manipulation.

Wow, just seen this result, well done Berwick...Is Rene above criticising??( Seems to be wells that's copping the flak??)... He's been living on his reputation he built prior to his injury... Very inconsistent these days.... But he's a nice lad I suppose and a fans fav.

Really thought Howarth would rip the league up this year aswell but he seems to be standing still...

Has stoneylegend did a rallying call yet? :)

• Like 2

Wells is taking the flack Koz he simply isn't trying, I respect all speedway riders for racing but I pay my money to watch racing & riders trying 100% for the comets. Wells ain't doing this, if I we t to work and put lite effort in I'm afraid I wouldn't be employed much longer?

• Like 1

Wells relies heavily on his gating ability. ...he doesn't have the same fight about him that other riders do, he is a rider I have never really understood the hype about. Howarth on the other hand is a real trier, you could tell on Friday that he was busting a gut and it just wasn't his night...he was unlucky IMO.

• Like 1

Wow, just seen this result, well done Berwick...Is Rene above criticising??( Seems to be wells that's copping the flak??)... He's been living on his reputation he built prior to his injury... Very inconsistent these days.... But he's a nice lad I suppose and a fans fav.

Really thought Howarth would rip the league up this year aswell but he seems to be standing still...

Has stoneylegend did a rallying call yet? :)

Nice to see you backing the comets still ;-)

Wells is taking the flack Koz he simply isn't trying, I respect all speedway riders for racing but I pay my money to watch racing & riders trying 100% for the comets. Wells ain't doing this, if I we t to work and put lite effort in I'm afraid I wouldn't be employed much longer?

Wells relies heavily on his gating ability. ...he doesn't have the same fight about him that other riders do, he is a rider I have never really understood the hype about. Howarth on the other hand is a real trier, you could tell on Friday that he was busting a gut and it just wasn't his night...he was unlucky IMO.

Wells style reminds me very much of Scott James, very upright, almost armchair like and completely missing the dynamic factor you get from a racer?

Quite agree about the starting though, very much an EL trait, miss it and your toast!! :sad:

• Like 1