British Speedway Forum
tilersrus

Newcastle Diamonds V Ipswich Witches 25/5

Well , we couldn't beat a 5 man Newcastle team at home and lost to what was effectively a 4 man away ! As I said to Baldyman that just about sums us up this year . Very disappointing to say the least !

Barker had 9 or more ave!

Rolling average, yes. But he was poor for us by his standards.

Worrall has also been disappointing for us so far this season to be honest. I was expecting more.

Hopefully he'll get better as the season progresses.

Edited by CardinalSin

It's a pity that Ipswich fans (so far) can't give any credit to Newcastle, who I thought battled well and deserved to get something out of the meeting, especially when the odds are against them, but, hey ho!

Let's hope we can carry this victory through to next week (it's only Edinburgh, after all!! :P ).

• Like 3

It's a pity that Ipswich fans (so far) can't give any credit to Newcastle, who I thought battled well and deserved to get something out of the meeting, especially when the odds are against them, but, hey ho!

Let's hope we can carry this victory through to next week (it's only Edinburgh, after all!! :P ).

Aye intae them :wink:

• Like 3

Surprising but welcome win for the Diamonds against a disappointing Witches side. Seemed unlikely early on, particularly when Robbo and Lewis conceded a 5-1 in heat 5 but we hung in there and got a deserved win with that last heat 5-1.

King, for the fist time really looked like the powerful number 1 we thought he'd be and Lewis K was flying all night, that one heat apart. Had Lewis been in that form from the start of the season I doubt the team changes would have been necessary. Will be interesting to see them both up against Cook next week.

Chris Mills battled hard for his points tonight and picked up some valuable third places. If Chris Schramm is going to be missing for a while yet then there must be some mileage in offering him a short-term deal as a replacement as guest options so far have looked poor. The value of having an experienced reserve made all the difference tonight.

Ipswich were poor and must be disappointed at missing out on what looked like a great chance of an away win. Expected a lot more from Richie. He left to further his career but the Polish rides don't seem to have been coming and if anything he looks to have at best stalled this year. Hope he can turn it around. I was very impressed though with Gino Manzares who was worth more than his paid 5 and was unlucky to be excluded for bringing down Mills in heat 8 - not convinced there was any contact.

Finally, interested to hear Robbo's comments on the track in the programme. I've said for weeks that it has not produced good racing so far this year and it seems that is because of work carried out in the winter which now needs to be rectified. Hope they can get it sorted because at the moment it is seems very difficult to pass out there, with only Ludde able to manage it tonight. Typically it was his only decent ride.

• Like 1

Surprising but welcome win for the Diamonds against a disappointing Witches side. Seemed unlikely early on, particularly when Robbo and Lewis conceded a 5-1 in heat 5 but we hung in there and got a deserved win with that last heat 5-1.

King, for the fist time really looked like the powerful number 1 we thought he'd be and Lewis K was flying all night, that one heat apart. Had Lewis been in that form from the start of the season I doubt the team changes would have been necessary. Will be interesting to see them both up against Cook next week.

Chris Mills battled hard for his points tonight and picked up some valuable third places. If Chris Schramm is going to be missing for a while yet then there must be some mileage in offering him a short-term deal as a replacement as guest options so far have looked poor. The value of having an experienced reserve made all the difference tonight.

Ipswich were poor and must be disappointed at missing out on what looked like a great chance of an away win. Expected a lot more from Richie. He left to further his career but the Polish rides don't seem to have been coming and if anything he looks to have at best stalled this year. Hope he can turn it around. I was very impressed though with Gino Manzares who was worth more than his paid 5 and was unlucky to be excluded for bringing down Mills in heat 8 - not convinced there was any contact.

Finally, interested to hear Robbo's comments on the track in the programme. I've said for weeks that it has not produced good racing so far this year and it seems that is because of work carried out in the winter which now needs to be rectified. Hope they can get it sorted because at the moment it is seems very difficult to pass out there, with only Ludde able to manage it tonight. Typically it was his only decent ride.

Standing on the terraces at the fourth bend and we all saw contact-the ref was right[for once]

• Like 1

see you've had my glasses on again, lol,,,

I think Mills signed a deal with his ride in ht 14, it gave us a chance of a win and we did :-),,, don't think he'll pull up many tree's, but,,, a think he could probly pull the skin off a rice pudding,,, gotta start somewhere,,,

Caught up with the result late after seeing Dick and Dom at Butlins and al I can say is BOGIES!!

Well done to the Diamonds and Danny in particular.

• Like 2

Standing on the terraces at the fourth bend and we all saw contact-the ref was right[for once]

I agree

I seen it from entering bend 3,,, that's why I swore !!!

dunno how Ludo managed to pull off his pass on 'Gino',,, he came round bend 4 on his back wheel, dunno how a little bit of poo did'nt come out, maybe that's why he was wiping his bum in ht 13, lol

Excellent result for Newcastle, didn't expect this so, well done, side may be cobbled together but you've still gotta do it on the track!! :t:

Deciding factor though was clearly the re-emergence of "Diamonds" team sheet putting fear into the "Newky" management, a very potent weapon, be afraid, be very afraid!! :D

Edited by Lord Lucan
  • Like 1

Newcastle fans should be hugely proud of their team this morning giving the effort they put in last night, a victory all the more remarkable when Newcastle had a weakened team and one of their better riders (Lindgren) didn't exactly have one of his better nights.

Rider of the night was King, his ride in Ht13 from 15m was incredible, to get second was one thing but he was actually challenging for the lead. Credit to for Mills who was only dropped from Workington 24hrs previous, he fought hard throughout and his points went along way to helping Newcastle get their win.

Excellent meeting, decent track, good night of speedway. :approve:

• Like 3