British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Monarchs Pl 29th May 7-30pm

paranoid about what exactly ?

I'm sure a visit to your local shrink will confirm your envious obsession with the Mighty Monarchs :D

I'm sure a visit to your local shrink will confirm your envious obsession with the Mighty Monarchs :D

oh i see , oh well when i eventually lift that water fountain and throw it at Nurse Ratchett , i'm sure i'll be cured

• Like 1

oh i see , oh well when i eventually lift that water fountain and throw it at Nurse Ratchett , i'm sure i'll be cured

Good taste in films, but I see you more resembling Jack Torrance :D:P

This weather forecast looks promising for Thursday:-

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Ipswich/

Re the result, Monarchs winning run has to end sometime and the Witches have upped their game recently.

On that basis, expect a home win, whilst hoping to be proved wrong.

BBC forecast not quite so cheerful - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2646057

Probably not enough to stop the meeting being on but it might be a bit heavy.

Heavy drizzle at the moment where I am in Essex.

Ippo should have too have all round strength.

Unless Deek can get back to the form he showed the last time he was at Ippo (16 +1) and Max improves on his 1 from 3 last time there!!

I don't think the weather on the day is going to be the main issue, I think it's going to be about the rain we've had in the last 24 hours (which is alot) and whether the water has drained away enough to get the track ready. With it being absolutely torrential yesterday, random flash flooding and fountains coming out of drains there is no doubt it would have been more lake Foxhall than a a motorsport stadium. Does anyone live close enough to check it out?

Do they ever try to pump the water off when the track is flooded 12 hours prior, but the weather forecast is then favourable ?

Previously when Armadale has been waterlogged on matchday,, Doc Bridgett & his track crew have pumped the water off in the morning, then relaid & graded the track, resulting in the meeting going ahead in the evening.

Do they ever try to pump the water off when the track is flooded 12 hours prior, but the weather forecast is then favourable ?

Previously when Armadale has been waterlogged on matchday,, Doc Bridgett & his track crew have pumped the water off in the morning, then relaid & graded the track, resulting in the meeting going ahead in the evening.

I suppose it depends on getting access to the track on a non speedway day, and also the availability of the track staff to do it. At Brough, we can't get on the track on a Saturday, unless be beg and plead on hands and knees in an emergency. Usually we have to start at say 7.30am, take off say about 35000 gallons, and sometime mid afternoon the track is workable in time to get it raceable for 6.30pm.

I drove past the stadium today and the front gates were open, so maybe someone was there sorting the track out? Weather has got better today but will be the damage already done over the past 2 days. Ipswich has has 31mm of rain over the last couple of days!

Spooky how the man giving advice on track clearing of water goes by the name Cylone !

And also Tsunami has chipped in as well . is this some kind of sign or omen ? Hmmmm

• Like 1