British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Catch Me If You Can

Redcar V Berwick 29 May - Off

Apparently its been non stop rain on teeside, totally understandable

I think we would have been victorious tonight however Redcar have an opportunity to strengthen up which I'm happy about because I want a stronger PL and a stronger Redcar

Not too disappointed that this is off. Weak team and that track must still be soaked through after 36-48 hours of constant rain that only stopped in the early hours of this morning. Would have been a struggle to get it fit enough to produce good racing.

It looks as if they were late in getting it to powers that be? Was still not showing as Off on BSPA sites at 1pm?

Yeah, someone at Redcar or the BSPA were slow in that regard as it was on Twitter before 12

usual reason ,self interest , you would think a club with its own stadium could sort out a track for tonight . IF the forecast is favourable,plus it is a local derby so could have later call off if required.the promotions will soon be wondering when fans don't Turn up in late Sept for meaningless meetings.These days it needs a WEEK of dry weather or the fixtures are in doubt,sad days for the sport.

Just to clarify, we had heavy rain last night til 4am (I know as I was on nights and work next to the track) - the roads where flooded at 6am when I left work. So there's no underhand dealings the track was likely more underwater than waterlogged.

An early call off was the correct decision.

• Like 2

Just to clarify, we had heavy rain last night til 4am (I know as I was on nights and work next to the track) - the roads where flooded at 6am when I left work. So there's no underhand dealings the track was likely more underwater than waterlogged.

An early call off was the correct decision.

you're spoiling the conspiracy theorists fun!

I travelled up to Berwick for a PL meeting 3 or 4 years ago. It had rained a little in the morning and the meeting was quickly called off despite a good forecast for the remainder of the day. Sure enough it was sunshine and blue skies at 7pm, so I drove to the track and looked over the wall. Track looked fine. No coincidence that the Bandits were missing a couple of riders and Rye were in decent form.

What comes around......

Edited by Shadders

I travelled up to Berwick for a PL meeting 3 or 4 years ago. It had rained a little in the morning and the meeting was quickly called off despite a good forecast for the remainder of the day. Sure enough it was sunshine and blue skies at 7pm, so I drove to the track and looked over the wall. Track looked fine. No coincidence that the Bandits were missing a couple of riders and Rye were in decent form.

What comes around......

Sleeping on the couch tonight, mate?

• Like 1

What comes around......

was that the famous 3rd bend flood

redcar doing a berwick. making use of the 6 points plus on the teams average to strengthen up against BERWICK. wonder who thought of that idea.. er, peter waite. karma..

You may very well be right though the question has to be ask, what in the name of all that's holy has Peter Waite got to do with Berwick Speedway these days. The answer leaves your post null & void.

• Like 2

What comes around......

me too, I was at the caravan and went to the track , worst call off I've ever seen :)

me too, I was at the caravan and went to the track , worst call off I've ever seen :)

You ain't been due at Rye lately where it was called off and weather was fine all day? :lol:

And Ned Kelly... Yep, couch job tonight! :approve:!

If theres a genuine reason for the call off then thats fair enough...I think its frustrating for the Bandits as we cannot seem to keep our momentum going due to call offs etc

In Berwick's e-newsletter last night, Dennis McCleary was waxing forth about the frustrations and complications caused by having had ten matches postponed in the first two months of the season.

Average for an eight-month season is apparently four or five.

Impressive PR by Berwick, getting e-newsletter out to supporters, telling them of cancellation, before eleven o'clock.

What exactly is an E-Newsletter?

What is it Berwick do that is so wonderful, it keeps getting mentioned on here?