British Speedway Forum
ColinMills

Coventry Meeting Day

Not until you've done your 100 lines

Is that your soaking wet girlfriend from Leicester?

• Like 1

Not until you've done your 100 lines

Is that your soaking wet girlfriend from Leicester?

She MUST be wet. Knocking around with Walter Mitty. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pratt has always maintained a silence, Trump was forced out so why would he have anything to say? As for Alan Boon he's still tweeting and blogging but has been banned from the BSF because the establishment didn't like him.

That'll be the appointed moderators who applied the given rules to someone who thought he was above then.

Still a knob, even on Twitter and blogging.

That'll be the appointed moderators who applied the given rules to someone who thought he was above then.

Still a knob, even on Twitter and blogging.

If that comment had come from anyone with a semblance of credibility I might have considered it. As it didn't I won't bother.

• Like 3

i think we should push to have this meeting at the stadium

why?

because actions not words as my school blazer said!

lets see in reality how "behind the search" the stadium really is.

if they dont want it at Brandon, then we know where we stand dont we!

Phil . I know you will most likely have heard this question before but is there any need for a search ?, no planning permission has been applied for , Sandhu now Apparently owns the whole shooting match , so If he genuinely wants to see speedway stock cars and dogs continue whats the problem ? , Brandon is more than adequate and has all the relevant planning permissions for sport in place , Sandhu appears to be trying to foster the idea than he is somehow being forced to develop , I might be taking too much of a simplistic view here but I cannot see how that can be true , he owns the place so who can force him to build houses on it ?

Phil . I know you will most likely have heard this question before but is there any need for a search ?, no planning permission has been applied for , Sandhu now Apparently owns the whole shooting match , so If he genuinely wants to see speedway stock cars and dogs continue whats the problem ? , Brandon is more than adequate and has all the relevant planning permissions for sport in place , Sandhu appears to be trying to foster the idea than he is somehow being forced to develop , I might be taking too much of a simplistic view here but I cannot see how that can be true , he owns the place so who can force him to build houses on it ?

It's those big pound signs that are forcing him.

would someone like to step forward a be a spokesperson in the meeting with mark pawsey. we clearly need a local voice in that position. it doesnt mean you speak on behalf of everyone, its just clearly better on all concerned to have a local on the platform with the mp..im speaking to mr pawsey in the next 24hrs..thanks

• Like 1

two days ago, and again at 5.34pm tuesday, i have suggested just 1 spokesman needed from rugby/coventry/warwickshire area? im speaking to mr pawsey wed pm, and still no one come forward. i can go ahead and arrange a date for this meeting, but ideally, i wanted a local person on board..never mind

• Like 1

I note that the sale details of the stadium still appear on the agents website. Interesting to note the following paragraph (in italics) perhaps Mr Pawsey can provide some information as to the 'development plan policy' as stated in the document?

'Discussions with officers at Rugby Borough Council indicate that

officers may be willing to consider the redevelopment of the site,

albeit providing that such proposals are acceptable in terms of

development plan policy and other material considerations'

Details can be found at http://www.gva.co.uk/property/5622/ There is a PDF document outlining fuller details.

two days ago, and again at 5.34pm tuesday, i have suggested just 1 spokesman needed from rugby/coventry/warwickshire area? im speaking to mr pawsey wed pm, and still no one come forward. i can go ahead and arrange a date for this meeting, but ideally, i wanted a local person on board..never mind

Speedibee tends to have a lot to say, have you asked him?

Colin, I think the real problem here is that none of us have any answers, only questions. To face a group of fans and not be able to field any of their questions is somewhat daunting. As I said earlier, we need someone from Coventry Speedway preferably Sandhu himself to tell us their plans and then we have 1) something to discuss and 2) a basis from which to start planning any possible future for the promotion.

I along with many fans really appreciate what you're trying to do.

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 2

my line of thinking is to get the MP on board asap. to give as much info as early as possible. If he is to be of help to us, i believe its best he knows the starting point and be on board all the way through. He could be far more informed if hes with us at the start. we only have to see how long belle vue stadium has taken, leicester, birmingham, some of which like bristol, cradley, long eaton dont even return..

From the fans point of view, surely someone from the supporters club would best represent our interests

• Like 2

right then, saturday 5th of july 2-3 oclock Mr Pawsey will be in Rugby (venue as yet to be decided)..

can all bees/speedway fans who can get their, PLEASE be their..Any questions/comments/info for Mr Pawsey he is pleased to help, and im told he wants to safegaurd speedway in the area..can all people interested spread the word, as i surprised howquiet this is. the advertiser and midlands tv will be reporting on this meeting, and im pleased to say Mr Pawsey is right on you bees fans side on this issue..

can 1 person PLEASE come forward as a local spokesman on the day, you cant let a "outsider" chair the day. thanks

• Like 3

Why are you bothered about Brandon when the National Speedway Stadium at the Ricoh is ready and waiting?? 25,000 seats and all the facilities you could ever want??

Edited by jimmy jimmy