British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn V's Birmingham Thurs 05/06/14

Excuse me old pessimist, weather will be fine today! I'm as disappointed as the next person that Brum aren't at full strength but King is in good form, Barker will give 100% as will Covatti and the rest of them, it won't be a whitewash, get up that bloody road and support the Stars :-p Anything can happen in speedway, in fact usually if people stay away cos they think the oppo isn't up to much there's some decent racing so miss it and miss out :-)

Dont worry Mother T, I will be there. Just cant get the same enthusiasm for this one, as the rest so far. The expectation level is quite low so maybe I am in for a surprise, then again, maybe not.

I had a look at 84, and Lynn rode 55 meetings that season. Good Bit on The Stars in todays SS

i think we should do a sweepstake to see how many stars riders get maximums/paid maximums.

I'll go with 3, Iversen, Porsing and Kerr.

#MayThePorseBeWithYou

Edited by speedy17
  • Like 1

TBH, I can understand our fans staying away with the alleged team we have put out, but KL should be turning up every week regardless of opposition currently, your sweeping all before you and should be nailed on for a title, short of the usual Sky/Poole fix, what more do you want ?.

• Like 1

2 miles from track.

Rained until about 7 this morning. Since then there has been a very stiff breeze with just a 5 minute light shower. The weather we have had today should not pose any problems imo.

Not so sure SL, I sense Birmingham are gonna feel like a Hurricane has hit them tonight. :wink:

A rainy start to Speedway Thursday. Will Buster put the effort in to get it on tonight or will he knock it on the head so Birmingham can come back with a more attractive team at a later date. Weather is krap, Poor

Is this what Speedway is really all about ?

Why should Buster move it we went to there place with a makeshift team they wouldn't move it 3 more points tonight towards the playoffs Edited by 5 FURROW
  • Like 1

Absolute Shambles of a match :mad::icon_smile_clown: , sad day for the Elite League that you get a match up like this.

I find our lineup totally unacceptable, we should not fielding a team as weak as that. I had no idea that Nermark rode Sweden on Thursdays but why only Jorgensen as a replacement!! No disrespect to the lad but hes hardly of the same level. Also yet again for another away match we are without Starke, hardly rides away meetings for us. Its a joke

I'm just sick of this league, constant missing riders and mickey mouse line-ups. I don't know what the future holds for the Brummies, as a fan I'm taking it match by match at the moment but should we make to the end of the season and beyond, i hope we drop back down. It may not be perfect in the PL, but it cant be any worse than this crap and I feel that's our level now.

As a fan you just want to see two evenly matched sides going at it and that would be great on a really good track like Kings Lynn. We shouldn't have to suffer with match ups like this, it does the sport no favors at all.

very well summed up there kev. I thought the bspa fined teams for under strength line ups or has that changed.Do feel for all the brummies fans you know your basically watching a p.l team every wk ahainst e.l teams not much hope wk to wk.

Can only see a 60plus score line maybe even 70 :(.

Birmingham

1. Danny King 6.73

2. Thomas Jorgensen 3.00

3. Bartosz Zmarzlik r/r

4. Nico Covatti 4.53

5. Ben Barker 6.36

6. Daniel Halsey

7. Simon Lambert

That team with Zmarzlik adds up to 27.50 nearly 5pts under the limit...

Am I allowed to say "another sad day for the sport" of "no wonder speedway's going down the tubes"?

Or should I just express my undying, unconditional love for the sport in this country, just in case I get told to eff off?

• Like 2

Am looking forward to tonight, the forecast is good too.

Shame Brummies cannot field their strongest side as that would have made it an even contest. I don't want the BSPA to fine them though, they are under enough financial stress at the moment as it is.

Might even change my spectating position tonight as the old man is away on holiday (and he doesn't like change!).

Am I allowed to say "another sad day for the sport" of "no wonder speedway's going down the tubes"?

Or should I just express my undying, unconditional love for the sport in this country, just in case I get told to eff off?

Second one of course!!!!! Alternatively tell us the answer to going down the tubes!!!

Second one of course!!!!! Alternatively tell us the answer to going down the tubes!!!

Mmm, easy. Run it properly and then market it properly

Simple really, but how you'd achieve that under the present systems, I don't know, it maybe impossible even.