British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

If it was exactly the same move it would have had exactly the same result. Not the same at all.

Rubbish. Same divebombing move but Hansen stayed on his bike.

I see Scott Nicholls now having a pop at Nicki P now---of course from the safety of Twitter and the TV studios,also i guess safe in the Knowledge that he wont be good enough to ride in the same leagues and Nicki in the near future!!!

I like Scott but for heavens sake grow up,not as it he aint dished it out a few times

He probably wanted to say this yonks ago, Pedersen has got away with murder for years.From now on hopefully the GP riders will be looking for him i hope so what comes around! Plus i would not think Scott would loose any sleep worrying about Pedersen, far from it last Saturday he looked a sad figure s... himself a glorified bully. Edited by sidney

Rubbish. Same divebombing move but Hansen stayed on his bike.

I think not!!! But hey it's all about opinions.

• Like 1

Speedway Star today are giving plenty of coverage to the incident and it appears the other GP riders are not fans of Nicki P either.

I think the yellow/red card system is a good ideal for the future.

I don't understand where you are coming from. Zager is holding his line on the 3rd bend, not clamping anyone. Pedersen slams straight into him, either going for a gap that wasn't there, trying too hard to move him over or totally misjudging his speed. Whichever it was the conclusion was without doubt Pedersen caused the crash.

There was no collision on the entry to the 3rd bend so you are clearly watching something different. The contact comes almost halfway round the corner, they are alongside each other up till that point with no contact. Now seeing as at this point Nicki is still tight to the inside, wheel over the line, he hasn't moved out.. yet we now have contact, which can mean only one thing, Zagar has moved in to try and block him.

Don't let what actually happened get in the way though.

Nicki has pulled some crazy, dangerous moves in the past, this wasn't one of them.

Edited by BWitcher

There was no collision on the entry to the 3rd bend so you are clearly watching something different. The contact comes almost halfway round the corner, they are alongside each other up till that point with no contact. Now seeing as at this point Nicki is still tight to the inside, wheel over the line, he hasn't moved out.. yet we now have contact, which can mean only one thing, Zagar has moved in to try and block him.

Don't let what actually happened get in the way though.

Nicki has pulled some crazy, dangerous moves in the past, this wasn't one of them.

LOOK where Zagar went into the fence ... wouldn't say that was halfway round the corner.

• Like 1

LOOK where Zagar went into the fence ... wouldn't say that was halfway round the corner.

you and your "mates" are exactly the reason why there shouldnt be a red card system in speedway. You judge nicki on reputation and already have him guilty before he has his bike out the van.

you and your "mates" are exactly the reason why there shouldnt be a red card system in speedway. You judge nicki on reputation and already have him guilty before he has his bike out the van.

Forget about Nicki reputation you simply can't defend that move on Sat.IMO
  • Like 1

Forget about Nicki reputation you simply can't defend that move on Sat.IMO

ok if so dangerous ban him from next gp and dont forget to ban bomber in his move on lindgren and ward for his move on batchelor because they were the same move

ok if so dangerous ban him from next gp and dont forget to ban bomber in his move on lindgren and ward for his move on batchelor because they were the same move

Who was sent hurtling into the fence with the moves you mention.GP riders all have the ability to avoid a crash.Zager done nothing wrong IMO was just sent through the fence by Nicki.
  • Like 1

NOT at all... even Nicki has admitted that on this occasion he should have been excluded but that he didn't deliberately 'fence' Zagar. It was just the consequence of his attempt to pass the Slovenian!

However, I do think the lack of remorse on his part doesn't help. Zagar may have escaped injury but his bike was a costly wreck.

• Like 1

NOT at all... even Nicki has admitted that on this occasion he should have been excluded but that he didn't deliberately 'fence' Zagar. It was just the consequence of his attempt to pass the Slovenian!

However, I do think the lack of remorse on his part doesn't help. Zagar may have escaped injury but his bike was a costly wreck.

It's a fair exclution, and hadn't the aftermath played out the way it did, I believe this thread would've been at least ten pages shorter. Nicki got back on his bike, Zagar fumed and swung and the circus is on.

the damage to zagar's bike is because how the modern bike reacts rather than the contact from nicki bike .they scream their nuts off (look at zagars hand in pic 2 the throttle is wide open)and as soon as they get out of control they fire like a bullet. I dont see the riders calling for revs to be cut do you?. I do agree nicki should of been excluded and his lack of care afterwards was not good but the incident is the same move we see many times on every big track and if it was anybody else we wouldnt be talking about it
  • Like 1

That's the issue for me, I wonder when Pedersen loaded up before heading off to Poland he had any remorse at all, he doesn't have to admit it but one wonders if there was any there to admit.

Riders cause accidents in the GP`s all the time, surely its part of the racing, the vast majority of which are just racing accidents, though the idea of some red or yellow card system I find quite laughable.

• Like 1

can someone explain how Nicki's bike was still running after he clearly was separated from it during the crash what about the cut-out Health and safety issue ?