British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Gp Malilla Saturday June 14th

Yes but surely you would concede that someone with a long standing reputation as a hard man who kicks out, at someone who has stood up to him, like a girl and then runs away to stand safely behind his colleagues whilst laughing and swearing as the person he kicked out at confronts him again.................. is in fact a big sissy.

I think NP was wrong and I like the guy he does not deserve a ban.

Maybe a severe talking to or even a tw#t in the mouth as he is getting a bit dangerous.

He no longer has a hard man reputation as he is a little coward and his actions were that of a bully with balls of clay.

It was just luck that both he and Zagar were able to show that the tough image of speedway riders is perhaps all front as they both fought like a pair of pansies.

Jack Millen could have laid them both out on the track and he's dead.

If you are going to play the hard man it is an advantage to actually BE one. Nicki showed us all on Saturday what he is :)

In Doug Templetons hey-day Nicki would have left the track on a stretcher !!!!!!! After such a move.
  • Like 1

IN what way could Zagar have been deemed to have been equally at fault? If possible look at pix sequence on Twitter @speedwaystarmag and see whether you can tell me how Zagar could have avoided being run into?

Thanks for photos and i can see your way of thinking but i still think it was a 50/50 call,and solely wasnt to do with Nikkis move as Zagar refused to budge which he is entilted to do,knowone giving an inch.Please answer these questions.

After the 2 riders clashed Nikki was still under power when Zagar slapped him,should Zgar have been excluded for that?

was Nikki thinking of continueing the race as his bike was still under power?

Did Zagars action convince the ref that it was Nikkis fault?

Ah yes, Zagar is badly injured isn't he.

Forgive me, but if someone approaches me, walking, and strikes me, I assume they're not particularly hurt at that point.

Only cowards kick out and run. Maybe some initial concern about the guy he had just put in the fence might have prevented the situation. I fully expect 'karma' is waiting just around the corner for this reckless big girls blouse...

Thanks for photos and i can see your way of thinking but i still think it was a 50/50 call,and solely wasnt to do with Nikkis move as Zagar refused to budge which he is entilted to do,knowone giving an inch.Please answer these questions.

After the 2 riders clashed Nikki was still under power when Zagar slapped him,should Zgar have been excluded for that?

NEITHER rider received a point from the race ... both were deemed not to have finished. Had the incident happened one lap sooner I have no doubt that the referee would have excluded NP and allowed MZ back in a rerun regardless of his subsequent action. Not sure that he can exclude a rider from a rerun for that reason.

I couldn't find anyone watching from the pits at Malilla and after looking at TV replays who didn't think that NP was guilty of dangerous riding and that Zagar did nothing wrong prior to hurtling through the safety fence, which fortunately in this case did its job. Certain similarities with Holder's crash at Coventry which is still having repercussions of course.

In Doug Templetons hey-day Nicki would have left the track on a stretcher !!!!!!! After such a move.

PLENTY of others come to mind, too... asked the watching Briggo at Malilla what his reaction would have been. His smile said it all.

• Like 3

Anyone with Speedway knowledge could see Pedersen caused the crash, his fault. 100/0%. If Zager holds the line doesn't mean Pedersen can slam into him, then call it 50/50.

• Like 3

Anyone with Speedway knowledge could see Pedersen caused the crash, his fault. 100/0%. If Zager holds the line doesn't mean Pedersen can slam into him, then call it 50/50.

it is pedersens fault 100% but he dosent slam into him ,when they meet going into corner (the point where pedersen is carrying more speed and would slam into him)they dont touch, its in the middle of corner that they touch some 30ft difference

Nicki is in the wrong. 100% IMO. But it's a GP, you have to take these risk. Bomber did the same to Freddie in heat 4(?) and Freddie moved over, if it had been Freddie and not Matej then Freddie would have moved out of the way. While referees allow rider to "move over" other riders, you'll always have rider to do this.

Nicki did NOT kick Matej off his bike, despite the speedway star twitter photos. Nicki clashed with Matej and as well as sending Matej to the fence unbalanced himself, this lead to him falling off the bike and his leg sticking up.

Nicki kicking Matej and riding off was the actions of a coward. Either stay and sort it out or ride off at the first sign of trouble. Don't kick and then ride off.

So in summing up, Nicki = bad man but not the anti-Christ he's being painted here. Now some of his other moves in the past, they were bad.

As for karma, we've been saying that for 15 years. Nicki generally seems to bounce/crash well - maybe thats why he can't see what he is doing is so bad?

Lots of armchair experts trying to suggest it was somehow at least partly zagars fault for deciding to 'hold his line', or 'choosing to block him', I'm surprised nobody has suggested it was zagars fault because he was in the race with the loon, lol!

In the meantime the real experts who, have expressed an opinion have said it was a stupid move and the rest, including the idiot himself, have not tried to even suggest Zagar contributed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fair enough thats your view,i just felt Zagar thought it was one of Nikkis really bad moves he pulls and thats why he acted the way he did,when in hindsight it was a controlled move that just happened to go wrong with neither rider giving an inch.It will be interesting what Zagar says in next weeks speedway star,any chance of a sneak preview phil!!!!

Edited by speedwaysliders

Nicki is in the wrong. 100% IMO. But it's a GP, you have to take these risk. Bomber did the same to Freddie in heat 4(?) and Freddie moved over, if it had been Freddie and not Matej then Freddie would have moved out of the way. While referees allow rider to "move over" other riders, you'll always have rider to do this.

Nicki did NOT kick Matej off his bike, despite the speedway star twitter photos. Nicki clashed with Matej and as well as sending Matej to the fence unbalanced himself, this lead to him falling off the bike and his leg sticking up.

Nicki kicking Matej and riding off was the actions of a coward. Either stay and sort it out or ride off at the first sign of trouble. Don't kick and then ride off.

So in summing up, Nicki = bad man but not the anti-Christ he's being painted here. Now some of his other moves in the past, they were bad.

As for karma, we've been saying that for 15 years. Nicki generally seems to bounce/crash well - maybe thats why he can't see what he is doing is so bad?

The only difference being Lindgren had that slight opportunity to move over, Zager didn't. Slam Dunk!

[quote name="Drop a cog" post="2466976" timestamp="1402940582"

If any of the armchair 'experts' can find a bona fide expert to publicly defend the knob then their point of view might hold some water but in the meantime I'm with the majority who realise riding a speedway bike like perdesen will cause accidents.

sorry didnt know you were a renound speedway legend. Its hard to tell when you hide behind a avtar. Had i known i would never or questioned your wisdom in such maters from my armchair .see what i did there ,i used sarcasm to make my point Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Lots of armchair experts trying to suggest it was somehow at least partly zagars fault for deciding to 'hold his line', or 'choosing to block him', I'm surprised nobody has suggested it was zagars fault because he was in the race with the loon, lol!

In the meantime the real experts, who have expressed an opinion, have said it was a stupid move and the rest, including the idiot himself, have not tried to even suggest Zagar contributed.

If any of the armchair 'experts' can find a bona fide expert to publicly defend the knob then their point of view might hold some water but in the meantime I'm with the majority who realise riding a speedway bike like perdesen will cause accidents.

I

Would Erik Gundersen count as a "bona fide expert?

Talk of smear campaign and a campaign aginst Nicki by some of the younger riders,led by the Aussie pair......

http://holsted-speedway.dk/nyheder/er+nicki+p+en+%22bad+guy%22+eller+offer+for+en+hetz_501/

• Like 5

If they are wrong then I'm in very good company unlike you lot.

Having talked to Erik on a number of occasions,i can honestly say he is "very good company" :t::rofl::party:

A translation from Gundersen would go like this:

"There's no doubt that Nicki is the target of a smear campaign just now. Nicki is a hard, tough rider, who occasionally ride on the legal limit, and therefore ends up on the wrong side, naturally, but he's neither worse nor better than most of his competitors, as far as this is concerned."

About the incident, he sais this:

"Nicki dives into a hole on the inside, where Zagar himself opens up at the entrance to turn three. It's tough racing, Nicki hits Zagar and is rightfully excluded, and that should be the end of it."

Gundersen also reminds people that speedway is a contact sport, even though not compared to stock-car racing.

"It's not like there should be sparks flying, but some shoulder- and elbow action is part of the sport"

One thing Gundersen is tired of was the incidents in the pit.

"Violence doesn't belong anywhere, and Zagars behaviour in the pits should have major consequences, but unfortunately other rules obviously apply to the stars from the ones we follow daily."

Edited by mothorsen
  • Like 1

Clearly Gundersen is bias, he doesn't mention Nicki's kick out at Zagar on track .....