British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Weren't the Hams involved with Scott Nicholls for a time? Certain they haven't promoted since Bradford shut in 97 mind.

Certainly they'd be more trustworthy than the previous promotion turned out to be, though I don't think him and CVS always saw eye to eye..

Weren't the Hams involved with Scott Nicholls for a time?

Yes they were as far as i remember.

I find it somewhat ironic that Morton is being called and Ham is being hailed even after his own company became insolvent in 2007 - only on the BSF!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00950114/insolvency

Maybe I got this wrong ..what has hams company in 2007 got to do with speedway ?

I find it somewhat ironic that Morton is being called and Ham is being hailed even after his own company became insolvent in 2007 - only on the BSF!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00950114/insolvency

Allan retired from his own business in the early years of 2000 somewhere around that time, then sold his company to his son and it was his son's business that went bust.

Weren't the Hams involved with Scott Nicholls for a time? Certain they haven't promoted since Bradford shut in 97 mind.

Certainly they'd be more trustworthy than the previous promotion turned out to be, though I don't think him and CVS always saw eye to eye..

Yes they were, believe Scotty was sponsored by Ham Construction.

• Like 1

Allan retired from his own business in the early years of 2000 somewhere around that time, then sold his company to his son and it was his son's business that went bust.

He was, and for quite a long time too, if my memory is not failing me (again).

Yes. Alan had about 4 riders sponsored with very distinctive black mudguards, with a series of sponsors in blocks down the guards covering the front forks legs. Also the fork cover was black with Ham Racing in green dots. I have them on one of my bikes. The Riders who were sponsored were Scott, Tai ?, Auty, Wrathall. Possibly Joe Haines as well.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Yes. Alan had about 4 riders sponsored with very distinctive black mudguards, with a series of sponsors in blocks down the guards covering the front forks legs. Also the fork cover was black with Ham Racing in green dots. I have them on one of my bikes. The Riders who were sponsored were Scott, Tai ?, Auty, Wrathall. Possibly Joe Haines as well.

And before them, Mark Loram.

• Like 2

That's right.

And before them, Mark Loram.

Yes, that's why Mark, Joe Screen and Gary Havelock, made one of the most potent heat leader trio's in the league around that time, they all got paid on time, even Wiggy made a special plea to Allan to open a track nearer his home in Oxford, would have gladly rode for him there after he rode for Allan at Odsal. Everybody wanted to ride for the Ham brothers.

Edited by STEPHEN 333

That's right.

Yes, that's why Mark, Joe Screen and Gary Havelock, made one of the most potent heat leader trio's in the league around that time, they all got paid on time, even Wiggy made a special plea to Allan to open a track nearer his home in Oxford, would have gladly rode for him there after he rode for Allan at Odsal. Everybody wanted to ride for the Ham brothers.

Wiggy didn't live in Oxford

Wiggy didn't live in Oxford

Don't blame him :D

• Like 1

Having seen a some of the stuff in the 'star' this week I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the extra £200k bsi needed to find tout suite just before the swc.

How did that happen?

THE figure you quote is unsubstantiated and probably off target

So, if money from BSI was needed (and it was'nt anywhere near £200k but still a fair bit) to allow the WTC weekend to go ahead, did that ring alarm bells at BSPA? If so - what was done?, if not - why not? What was going on behind the scenes? We may never know.