British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Belle Vue National Stadium

Who do you think is going to want to watch this band of wandering minstrels?

Not the quite the same, I know, but who would want to watch a homeless Cradley team? Quite a few people it seems.

The potential NL audience need some education. Go to a meeting, as a neutral and assess, honestly, what you see. I see youngsters trying their hearts out. Oh I know we get the odd "old crock". But hopefully they are bringing something to the youth that they need in their formative years. If you can't get behind a hybrid team, pick a rider or two. The occasional cheer from the crowd, a flag, a "say hello and well done" in the car park after a meeting means a lot to these lads starting out on a long hard road. Get back to basics and support the grass roots of our sport. Speedway, in Britain at least, has huge problems. But without a home grown source of talent, it's going nowhere.

• Like 4

Pray tell... is the National League now the First, Second or Third Division? I somehow lost track after when they re-branded speedway by changing the names of the leagues. And.. what's wrong with sharing venues anyway? Everyone shares everyone else's riders nowadays.

Speedway is a washday sort of sport, some idiot puts the whites in with all the colours.

Edited by moxey63

Everyone shares everyone else's riders

Good point. Think of it as a team of riders doubling up between The Belle Vue Colts and The Coventry Storm. Not so different really

Good point. Think of it as a team of riders doubling up between The Belle Vue Colts and The Coventry Storm. Not so different really

Why not get all the riders to throw their van keys into the middle of the table.

Team selection can be achieved by inviting a passing lunatic to select keys at random.

• Like 1

Not the quite the same, I know, but who would want to watch a homeless Cradley team? Quite a few people it seems.

The potential NL audience need some education. Go to a meeting, as a neutral and assess, honestly, what you see. I see youngsters trying their hearts out. Oh I know we get the odd "old crock". But hopefully they are bringing something to the youth that they need in their formative years. If you can't get behind a hybrid team, pick a rider or two. The occasional cheer from the crowd, a flag, a "say hello and well done" in the car park after a meeting means a lot to these lads starting out on a long hard road. Get back to basics and support the grass roots of our sport. Speedway, in Britain at least, has huge problems. But without a home grown source of talent, it's going nowhere.

It's nice to see another positive poster, instead of the usual non attending grumps trying to take over the thread. There's nothing wrong with going in with a half season, along with a promotion who also want to do it instead of just not running a team at all. I run the junior team at Newcastle, the Gems in the NJL, and it only amounts to 6 home meetings. I really would not want to take more meetings on, except with say a friendly with the likes of Carmarthan. This allows others to have second halfs on a regular basis as well as the proper junior meetings. Unfortunately of course I happen to run all the junior activities at the club, so how can my opinion be as good or even equal to the non attendees critics.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 4

Let's just forget all the problems at Brandon for a moment (I know, I wish I could too). And let us forget all the problems at Belle Vue.

Well if you've got past that prerequisite you're a better man (or woman) than me. But just supposing everything with the senior sides at both clubs was sorted. Could either community expect to run a NL team in 2017? The Storm weren't exactly well supported at home last year and I, for one, thought that there was no chance they would be there in 2017. That was of some regret to me because I liked going to the NL matches. Well out of all this adversity the two promotions have come up with a compromise. And for their efforts they get nothing but scorn and critisism.

• Like 2

Well out of all this adversity the two promotions have come up with a compromise. And for their efforts they get nothing but scorn and critisism.

Be fair,it is just a few people who probably wouldn't go anyway

• Like 1

it is just a few people who probably wouldn't go anyway

Then they hardly qualify to comment, do they?

But then, I do, ultimately subscribe to Voltaire's view that I might disagree with what you say, but I defend to the death, your right to say it.

Even if you're wrong 😇

Edited by False dawn

Then they hardly qualify to comment, do they?

But then, I do, ultimately subscribe to Voltaire's view that I might disagree with what you say, but I defend to the death, your right to say it.

Even if you're wrong

Well i don't see anything negative about this,so maybe i am right.I really don't see a problem,so maybe that should be "they say" rather than "you" i.e me?

I thought it just one.

TWK was included as well as the other one

Couldn't 2) be Bellentry Feces?

Naughty. ;):rofl: :rofl:

Well i don't see anything negative about this,so maybe i am right.I really don't see a problem,so maybe that should be "they say" rather than "you" i.e me?

TWK was included as well as the other one

Was I, What, Who me. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

Was I, What, Who me. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

Apologies if it wasn't meant to be negative,but your comments about this not doing the credibility of the sport any good was taken by me to be a negative comment on the project.I guess it wasn't

Apologies if it wasn't meant to be negative,but your comments about this not doing the credibility of the sport any good was taken by me to be a negative comment on the project.I guess it wasn't

No apologies necessary iris123

You are actually right in what you Posted and I was, I suppose, being negative. I was also however, looking at how someone who was a complete Newbie to the Sport would see this. It doesn't look very good - same Team - Two Tracks..

That said I am all for British youngsters benefitting from more Track time. So if it works great.

Tsunami does a great job at Newcastle and I was grateful for his Post, as it gave me a greater insight as to the problems of running a Junior Team.

Thought it barmy when I first read it but this leagues supposed to be to give the youngsters track time and this will do that. If it was the top 2 leagues that would be crackers. I'm gonna give this the thumbs up. Why not it's speedway after all!!!!