British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
northyorksbear

Redcar V Rye House 19th June - Off

Soon be 1man and his dog watching the speedway.they will soon be giving reasons why they have to RUN the fixtures.

• Like 1

The World Cup fixtures were known the same night as the draw was made on 6th December 2013.

No excuses. This is shoddy (to be kind) by Redcar.

Then you wonder why crowds are falling.

Much as I would like to defend my club - I have to agree :cry:

Sheffield racing at home same night, has that been called off yet?

probably not as Sheffield have decent stadia where they can show it in the bar/restaurant.... Unlike redcar with a portable on top of a calor gas fire :)
  • Like 1

Given all Sheffield's postponements at Owlerton recently, they might not have a choice but to run that night (weather permitting, obviously!).

• Like 1

I certainly hope not as we are down there that night for the second leg of our League Cup semi.

Football World Cup ? we dont do that competition up here anyway :lol:

Seriously, with all of the media available thesedays to stream/record watch whenever you like, why should Redcar, or anyone else for that matter, be forced to cancel their own fixtures to accommodate the World Cup??

If it's a nice night on Thursday then Redcar miss the opportunity to post a PL fixture, this now has to be rearranged, what if that fixture falls foul of the weather and contributes further to a backlog that could easily be avoided, will the World Cup apologise for the disruption, no, of course it wont because speedway is a minority sport dying on its feet due to external influences and bad weather!!

Any of the above methods could easily be applied to anyone and with the saturation coverage this event will most likely get, why should anyone have to forego their sport to accommodate this?

If speedway wishes to continue in the UK it has to start standing up and defending it's right to co exist alongside everything else, rant over!! ;)

• Like 2

Seriously, with all of the media available thesedays to stream/record watch whenever you like, why should Redcar, or anyone else for that matter, be forced to cancel their own fixtures to accommodate the World Cup??

If it's a nice night on Thursday then Redcar miss the opportunity to post a PL fixture, this now has to be rearranged, what if that fixture falls foul of the weather and contributes further to a backlog that could easily be avoided, will the World Cup apologise for the disruption, no, of course it wont because speedway is a minority sport dying on its feet due to external influences and bad weather!!

Any of the above methods could easily be applied to anyone and with the saturation coverage this event will most likely get, why should anyone have to forego their sport to accommodate this?

If speedway wishes to continue in the UK it has to start standing up and defending it's right to co exist alongside everything else, rant over!! ;)

how are they being forced??... Total rubbish, it's not footballs fault that speedway is a joke sport..or can hardly stand on its own 2 feet...is it?

It would be financial madness for Redcar to run against the World Cup IMO, and they have very belatedly done the right thing (should never have been planning on running).

I'm not sure what it is like at other tracks but I know there are a lot of fans at Redcar who also love their football. If it was just a 'normal' game on then people would go to speedway and watch the game afterwards but this is the World Cup. I know I would have not been going to the speedway next Thursday and I'm sure there are many others like me.

I do have every sympathy with people who have booked time off/hotels etc though. Poorly handled/planned from the start.

• Like 2

So, you reckon a minority sport, watched by thousands, should try and compete against a major sport watched by millions? There's only going to be one winner there.

It would be madness for Redcar to run against the England game, especially if England could qualify from the Group stage, which is why the fixture should have been an 'Open' fixture on the fixture list to begin with, rather than realise the crowd would be poorer than normal, just a fortnight beforehand.

• Like 1

The fact that it would be madness for Redcar to run a home meeting against a World Cup match is missing the issue, its the lateness of the postponement and the inconvenience caused to a few Rye House fans who have booked holidays, hotels etc that is the issue surely.

• Like 1

Absolute cobblers Redcar! I can't change me leave at work. Accept if rain effected but this crap about poor Redcar, shouldn't have agreed to run the meeting months ago not 10 days before, a discrace!

It's only just occurred that we have a blank week at Ipswich on the 19th , I wonder if this was forethought or just a lucky coincidence , hmmm

It's only just occurred that we have a blank week at Ipswich on the 19th , I wonder if this was forethought or just a lucky coincidence , hmmm

The former I suspect.

I'd love to hear from the Redcar promotion as to why they left it until 10 days before the fixture to postpone. Amatuer set up

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1