British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
montie

Sheffield V Scunthorpe Pl 12/6/14

For me, Tigers are much weaker without Proctor, he looked much faster last week against Glasgow and would have scored paid 11 from 4 but for a ridiculous decision from the referee to exclude him for jumping the start twice in heat 11, when he clearly didn't in the second running of that heat.

Fair point but the old saying is averages dont lie!!!

The BIG news ' Uncle signs nephew ' wow, thats so inspirig for tonight. One thing that is puzzling me,.Scunny recently cancelled a meeting because one of their riders (Klindt) was missing, yet are willing to take on a team with a rider (Proctor) missing. They must be so desperate to get to play offs.

I dont understand your post

Saying we are desperate to get to the Play offs,---dam right,i thought that was the idea or have i missed something???

And how is it puzzling you that we are willing to take on a team with RR??? not as if its the first time RR is being used is it?

And to make you statement 100% correct you may add that Sheff have a facility,where as the one that Scunny postponed-[not cancelled] we didnt have a facility

enjoy your racing to night--I know i will!

• Like 1

Fair point but the old saying is averages dont lie!!!

normally I would agree, but it's too small a sample of meetings to judge Ty yet, after a few more meetings for Sheffield then maybe. He looked very much on it last week.

Probably desperate to run a meeting in glorious weather to give us supporters our speedway fix and balance the books a little.

No meeting or one with R/R. I know which I would pick................. See you tonight :t::t::t:

• Like 4

stay safe taylor. we need you for saturday..

Can someone clear this up for me please. Tonight's meeting was billed as a Premier League clash, but the updates site has a meeting between the two clubs on May 15th also billed as a PL meeting. If tonight was indeed a league meeting, what was the meeting in May?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can someone clear this up for me please. Tonight's meeting was billed as a Premier League clash, but the updates site has a meeting between the two clubs on May 15th also billed as a PL meeting. If tonight was indeed a league meeting, what was the meeting in May?

Teams race 28 meetings (12 home & 12 away against each opponent, plus home and away again against two others). The top six then go forward to the play-offs.

I know Scunthorpe are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice in the PL. Not sure who Sheffield are Scunthorpe and someone else.

• Like 1

presumably one of the two the mickey mouse extra fixtures added at the winter conference.
  • Like 1

The only folk more clueless than the sheffield promotion are our old friends at the bspa

Teams race 28 meetings (12 home & 12 away against each opponent, plus home and away again against two others). The top six then go forward to the play-offs.

I know Scunthorpe are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice in the PL. Not sure who Sheffield are Scunthorpe and someone else.

Thanks for that Superstar1.........it could only happen in Speedway !!

So Scunthorpe, for example are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice........that is twice at home and twice away?

Thanks for that Superstar1.........it could only happen in Speedway !!

So Scunthorpe, for example are racing Sheffield and Redcar twice........that is twice at home and twice away?

Yes

• Like 1

How can this be fair??... And who bloody dreams this sh!te up??

Oops wrong thread sorry!!

Edited by Arson fire

I was debating whether or not to go tonight - six home matches and the third visit of Scunthorpe.

I did go in the end, but came out after heat 13. There was nothing wrong with the racing and no complaints about the result but, yet again, on a perfect night with only one fall which didn't delay the racing, it was 9:35 p.m. as I got back into the car.

110 minutes after the meeting began I has seen 13 minutes or so of racing and had therefore spent 97 minutes watching the tractor going round, watching the riders gardening at the start line and watching some woman trying to open a box with a key that didn't fit and watching nothing much in particular.

When I was a kid and there were 13 heats, my mum and dad wouldn't let me stay for the second half on a school night and, living 12 miles from the track, I was generally in bed for half past nine. Now, if I stay for the 15 heats, living three miles from the track, I am rarely in before 10:15.

Looking around the crowd tonight there was hardly any kids there. I wouldn't take kids on a school night with the presentation as it is.

Looking round the stadiums and seeing the ever dwindling crowds is it any wonder that people aren't coming. The presentation is awful and its too expensive to be on every week.

Please, just get on with it and let us get home at a reasonable hour. It's boring.

Edited by tigerowl
  • Like 4

The only folk more clueless than the sheffield promotion are our old friends at the bspa

Go on then I'll bite... Why are the Sheffield promotion clueless?

• Like 1