13. Nicolai Klindt
14. Oliver Berntzon
15. Lewis Bridger
16. Piotr Pawlicki

17. Kim Nilsson
18. Mathias Schultz

Information from Sportewefaty,pl.

Edited by screm

How many through from each Semi? Is it 8 each or are there wild cards?

Looking at the line -ups I have only just realised that Martin Vaculik didn`t enter.

How many through from each Semi? Is it 8 each or are there wild cards?

Final is in Lonigo-so there will be an Italian riding-depends on Covatti qualifying - so would normally be 8 + 8 or 7 from one of them if covatti goes out-However Speedway.org are saying 6 go through from each semi-so who knows !!! After last years cock up with the qualifiers I hope the FIM make it perfectly clear before the semi`s exactly what the qualification is.

Edited by racers and royals

Challenge lineup (as stated by FIM in november 2013):

- 6+1 from each semi

- 1 CCP wildcard

- 1 FMNR wildcard

- Top 3 from SEC

Although this is (was) to be confirmed, not sure if this has ever been confirmed though.

It doesn't make sense though because you would have 17 riders by this calculation lol.

- 6+1 from each semi

- 1 CCP wildcard

- 1 FMNR wildcard

- Top 3 from SEC

Although this is (was) to be confirmed, not sure if this has ever been confirmed though.

It doesn't make sense though because you would have 17 riders by this calculation lol.

It also doesn`t make sense as the final round of the SEC is the night before the Lonigo challenge final.

Edit Maybe if Philip Rising is reading this he can ask his contacts(Tony Steele might know) to clarify.

FIM cant start parachuting riders into the GP Challenge, the riders either qualify by right by going through the qualification system or they don't, injuries included.

We have two Semi-Finals, surely you take 8+1 from each.

• Like 1

FIM cant start parachuting riders into the GP Challenge, the riders either qualify by right by going through the qualification system or they don't, injuries included.

Trouble is how can you sell the meeting to the Italian fans if they haven`t a rider in it ?

- 6+1 from each semi

- 1 CCP wildcard

- 1 FMNR wildcard

- Top 3 from SEC

The last set I had back in January says 6+1 from both + top 3 from SEC. Then the basic fmnr wild card. That would add up nicely to 16+2. Just that I have a feeling that sectopthree has been scrapped earlier this year already, they have just not announced it.

Trouble is how can you sell the meeting to the Italian fans if they haven`t a rider in it ?

True, but its tough on a rider where he might've got a chance for a GP Challenge place, only to be denied because the Italians are trying to get a few extra through the gate. Its not as if there`s an Italian rider out there good enough to get through to the Challenge meeting by right.

What do you mean "start"? Fim have had seeding in world championship qualifiers for 60+ years!
  • Like 2

True, but its tough on a rider where he might've got a chance for a GP Challenge place, only to be denied because the Italians are trying to get a few extra through the gate. Its not as if there`s an Italian rider out there good enough to get through to the Challenge meeting by right.

This current system has been in place for years now, if I say six I'm not lying too much. Everyone knows how it works from January, it's not a surprise on race day.

It's just something they decided to do and it will stick.

What do you mean "start"? Fim have had seeding in world championship qualifiers for 60+ years!

This current system has been in place for years now, if I say six I'm not lying too much. Everyone knows how it works from January, it's not a surprise on race day.

It's just something they decided to do and it will stick.

Just because the FIM have done the wrong thing in previous years, doesn't mean to say they have to do the wrong thing this year, though knowing the FIM they will do as they wish.

I agree. But your statement was "Fim can't start..." which indicates that you thought this was something new, which it isnt as fsp and myself have pointed out.

Looks like semi final 2 is stronger to me should be a good line up in the final plenty of good riders.

The SGP website is saying that it will be 8 + 8 qualifying for the final-depending on Covatti getting in the top 8 in Gorican-if not then they say 7 will go through from 1 of the semi`s with the Italian`s given a wildcard. I emailed the FIM last night asking for clarification-so hopefully will get an answer as too which semi is lined up to have the 7 only qualify from-thus avoiding last years cock-up when Pavlic was left doing the Hokey cokey-was he in or was he out !!!!